You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Braincage

Is the Tier 6 Budyonny the new king?

68 comments in this topic

Players
377 posts
4,311 battles

Its not. And king of what? I did better in Kirov and in Nurnberg TBH.

I would say ships like Pensacola, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Kirov and Budyonny are very rewarding to experienced players. Thats the catch.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

Does it still blow up like the Kirov? Fragile ships punish poor play so I doubt the global stats will end up looking good.

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
19,583 battles

Sometimes you get to play against teams worse than bots, most times you get them on yours, i remember killing both Kirov and Buryoni in a single battle in Nurberg as thei aired, it all depends on teams.

Its the same as watching some reviews on ships, oh look i made 5 kills, but you look at the game an pretty much noone even fired at him, he was doing whatever he wanted, in most cases when its you - you get molested the moment you show up from behind an island. Situational stuff.

Edited by Azalgor
  • Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles

cAuAEWw.png

☭Budyonny is stronk ship tovarich☭ That was my 3rd game and the ship is very capable. It is actually very reminiscent of CBT Cleveland, although with 1 less turret and bigger citadel but with short range torps.

Players
377 posts
4,311 battles

☭Budyonny is stronk ship tovarich☭ That was my 3rd game and the ship is very capable. It is actually very reminiscent of CBT Cleveland, although with 1 less turret and bigger citadel but with short range torps.

yeah I can put such screen for almost every ship in my port...Like I said I did better with nurnberg and kirov...

Everybody can put a screenie with his best matches....its ridiculous and means nothing...

Edited by Tvrdi1976
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
81 posts

Sometimes you get to play against teams worse than bots, most times you get them on yours, i remember killing both Kirov and Buryoni in a single battle in Nurberg as thei aired, it all depends on teams.

Its the same as watching some reviews on ships, oh look i made 5 kills, but you look at the game an pretty much noone even fired at him, he was doing whatever he wanted, in most cases when its you - you get molested the moment you show up from behind an island. Situational stuff.

ofc you always get more bad players on your team then that of the enemy. And unicorns fly out and about and the moon is made of cheese.

[P4ID]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,875 battles

Bodyonny is a great ship, but i find the Tier7 far more superior. The 3 extra guns and the extra range mean a lot.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,377 battles

With the same number of battles as Aoba is the past week (and by this point, I doubt only the good players are playing it) the ship seems more than just a "good ship." None of the other Soviet cruisers show such disparity compared to the other cruisers like this one does.

Capture.jpg

Players
377 posts
4,311 battles

1) Winrate means nothing regarding this particular topic

2) Budyonny was in this short period, mainly used by VERY experienced players. Other ships arent.

3) Where is kill to death ratio? Kirov and Bud are very easy to oneshot...

Edited by Tvrdi1976

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

With the same number of battles as Aoba is the past week (and by this point, I doubt only the good players are playing it) the ship seems more than just a "good ship." None of the other Soviet cruisers show such disparity compared to the other cruisers like this one does.

Capture.jpg

Yeah it looks insanley OP, but Tier III-V looks way too good as well.

EDIT: From Tier III to Tier IX, the Russian cruisers does most damage AND gets the most frags among the silver ships, this is clearly the same as with the Russian DDs they had to nerf after a while.

The Russian bias is strong with WG, as expected by now, but it is strange that all the supertesters and video makers and such could not see this?

Edited by von_Boeg

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,377 battles

Yeah it looks insanley OP, but Tier III-V looks way too good as well.

Not as good as this one. Kirov only manages 54% WR, Svetlana 52%. Shchors is doing just as good as Budyony but at least it has way less number of battles so it has the benefit of not being statistically relevant, but it still only has 56% winrate to Budyony's 58% (and only 2k more damage for 33% more firepower).

Also, Kirov does 8k more damage than the best next ship. Budy does 15k more damage.

Edited by Takeda92
  • Cool 1

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

Not as good as this one. Kirov only manages 54% WR, Svetlana 52%. Shchors is doing just as good as Budyony but at least it has way less number of battles so it has the benefit of not being statistically relevant, but it still only has 56% winrate to Budyony's 58% (and only 2k more damage for 33% more firepower).

Also, Kirov does 8k more damage than the best next ship. Budy does 15k more damage.

Sure, Tier VI is an exception, just as Tier VII was one among the Russian DDs, but the whole line was clearly too strong before the nerf, just as here. The real question here is: Why do they do this?

Is it pure Russian nationalistic pride, or is it some kind of ruse to focus on grinding a new line? I would logically suspect the latter, but then again, this did not happen with the German ships, so I do not dismiss the former out of hand.

Edited by von_Boeg

Players
12,975 posts
13,551 battles

Is it pure Russian nationalistic pride, or is it some kind of ruse to focus on grinding a new line? I would logically suspect the latter, but then again, this did not happen with the German ships, so I do not dismiss the former out of hand.

latest?cb=20130824200436

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,377 battles

Sure, Tier VI is an exception, just as Tier VII was one among the Russian DDs, but the whole line was clearly too strong before the nerf, just as here. The real question here is: Why do they do this?

It's most likely an oversight from the devs and insufficient testing. There's no way they will leave a ship OP like that if it continues to perform like this.

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

latest?cb=20130824200436

Got a point there, and it also makes a great argument for more Russian ships:

"Hey, lets make all Russian ships very powerful so more folks will play them and we can say that we have to produce more Russian ships since they are so popular!"

It's most likely an oversight from the devs and insufficient testing. There's no way they will leave a ship OP like that if it continues to perform like this.

No, I also think that there will be a nerf, no question about that. But I do not think it is an oversight.

Edited by von_Boeg

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Russian DDs with the exception of Kiev were not even close to being "too strong". Decent is a better term, and hilariously useless is how you could describe them after. Kiev was only slightly too good, and the absolute smashing with the nerf sledgehammer it received wasn't needed.

[TTTX]
Players
1,952 posts
7,021 battles

Nationalist pride, that must be why RU DDs have only received nerfs since being introduced (and even before that).

• Cool 1

[TSSHI]
Players
1,566 posts

Nationalist pride, that must be why RU DDs have only received nerfs since being introduced (and even before that).

They are getting buffed next patch from what I've heard though? Add that to the fact that they are about the only DDs that dont get affected by Radar that much and they are still not bad.
  • Cool 1

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Russian DDs with the exception of Kiev were not even close to being "too strong". Decent is a better term, and hilariously useless is how you could describe them after. Kiev was only slightly too good, and the absolute smashing with the nerf sledgehammer it received wasn't needed.

Before the usual "funny" comments about smoking you might look at the stats; the only Tier where RU DDs are inferior then all the others at the moment is Tier II. Tier VII is still silly strong, even stronger then the premium Polish tub.

Players
377 posts
4,311 battles

Before the usual "funny" comments about smoking you might look at the stats; the only Tier where RU DDs are inferior then all the others at the moment is Tier II. Tier VII is still silly strong, even stronger then the premium Polish tub.

I have both ships, you really dont know what the f are you talking about..

I expect you to play RU DDs, specially Kiev and Tashkent....but you arent right? Cause they are so f*****g OP

Edited by Tvrdi1976

Players
12,975 posts
13,551 battles

Got a point there, and it also makes a great argument for more Russian ships:

"Hey, lets make all Russian ships very powerful so more folks will play them and we can say that we have to produce more Russian ships since they are so popular!"

Its no secret WG always focused on their "homeland" playerbase. Also I guess having easier access to national archives to dig in tank/ship projects can help up with releasing new stuff.

Although looking at QA topic "glass cannon long range spammer" cruisers aren't exactly RU flavor - looking at tanks they are mostly "in your face" kind of players, so I guess brawler battleships would earn warmer greeting.

• Cool 1

[TSSHI]
Players
1,566 posts

Guys guys, the thread is about the tir 6 Buddy.

And As Im sure you will be able to notice, it is downright OP. Its max armor is 140 and gives it great protection, even better than the one of the tier 7 and 8. And it has great firepower and neat mobility.

Now, I haven't played it, but I base my observation on looking at its stats ingame and the posted statistics.

• Cool 1

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

I have both ships, you really dont know what the f are you talking about..

Good for you, but that does not tell us anything.

Look at the stats if you want to be informed instead of throwing insults, it makes you look like you have no argument if you have to resort to that kind of language.

Players
49 posts
5,133 battles

1) Winrate means nothing regarding this particular topic

2) Budyonny was in this short period, mainly used by VERY experienced players. Other ships arent.

3) Where is kill to death ratio? Kirov and Bud are very easy to oneshot...

I think point 2 is valid, probably a risk for biased stats now considering grinders have it and the average playerbase havent researched it yet. Its probably a good ship for tier but we will have to wait a while longer for confermation.