Sign in to follow this  
Ferry_25

Montana. Plead for help frm WG

3 comments in this topic

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Dear WG,

as my topic describes I'm asking for your help. Not to be pathetic but just a question. I'm a huge BB fan and highly enjoy the battles with them. I very much appreciate the "chess game" in them, being the Queens of the game. Calculating he right moment when to strike and when to hold back. So far there's the IJN and USN line. Uptill T9 both lines where IMO quite on par on the same tier. Aside from stats I would never give a broadside to an equal tiered BB from both sides. That stopped with the Montana vs Yamato. I was so extremely proud I mad it to T10 in the USN BB line. But what a grave dissapointment it turned out to be. No, I'm not the best shot around, neither will I ever be but I know "a trick or 2" to stand my ground. As you can see in my stats it resembles my performance quite accurately: being a very average player. 50%-ish win/ lose rate resembles my battle statistics per battle. Most of the cases I'm in the middle section of the results. Being the "champion" and absolute loser is about the same.

What I'm asking for is this. as you can see in my stats, I've played 7 tier 10 battles (all Montana because that's my only T10 ship ATM). I have the "whooping score" of 1 kill... and 3 vics. Why? Off course mainly the LTP argument, so don't start with that. It's just that I have the feeling I'm right back into my Eerie again: facing a Yamato I must load HE in order to mayby raise 1 eyebrow. That is: if I survive untill the 5th minute. The Shima torp wall and the hit=cit from the Yamato's facing me are dealing with me way before that. Note: I do appreciate the apex role of the Yamato. Historically that's the absolute best BB ever constructed so I'm not asking to nerf her. My question is: please, please give me something to be able to give a response to be taken seriously. Don't care what: secondaries opening fire on the Shima torp wall (in order to make a rudder shift in time I need to plan a appointment in my agenda for next month), making my HE shells more leathal or whatever! Right now I don't want to take her out in order not to be the fool of the team and insuring their loss because I chose the supposedly apex BB of the USN line... And no, the AA benefit doesn't imply: the CV's on T8-10 are an extremely endangered species. IF by any chance they'd be present, they stay the hell away from me and if not, those 10 plane shootdowns don't do the "trick." I'm just asking for something to be able to deal a good punch back if needed. And if I still keep going on my bad performance ad least I'd know it's my own incompetance and not the feeling I'm driving a floating citadel magnet armed with tennis balls.... Just something as a response to the shima torpwalls and the Yamato's to be taken seriously. I'm really considering selling my most prized and hard fought for ship....

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,570 battles

Dear WG,

as my topic describes I'm asking for your help. Not to be pathetic but just a question. I'm a huge BB fan and highly enjoy the battles with them. I very much appreciate the "chess game" in them, being the Queens of the game. Calculating he right moment when to strike and when to hold back. So far there's the IJN and USN line. Uptill T9 both lines where IMO quite on par on the same tier. Aside from stats I would never give a broadside to an equal tiered BB from both sides. That stopped with the Montana vs Yamato. I was so extremely proud I mad it to T10 in the USN BB line. But what a grave dissapointment it turned out to be. No, I'm not the best shot around,

If Yamato is so overpowered why is it that you now also have unlocked a Yamato yourself and have even worse stats in it then in your Montana?

The Montana has other noticeable advantages too versus the Yamato, like how it's 33% extra barrels allow you to much more easily kill Destroyers and Cruisers.

Sign in to follow this