0.5.4.0 game crashes and bugs

17 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
6,317 battles

Hey!

the game was working perfectly untill 0.5.4.0

now on occasion there are some weird bugs and crashes f.eg.:

- quitting battle sometimes freezes game, youre stuck on 'esc' page, buttons react but dont do anything, i have to shut down game from task menager

- when spectating bullets occasionally (3 times already) when they hit water game freezes sound works

- when entering battle stuck in loading screen,  i have to shut down game from task menager

im using mods since a loooong time, never encountered any problems

anyone knows the solution? please...help...

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,449 posts
7,711 battles

Hey!

- quitting battle sometimes freezes game, youre stuck on 'esc' page, buttons react but dont do anything, i have to shut down game from task menager

- when spectating bullets occasionally (3 times already) when they hit water game freezes sound works

- when entering battle stuck in loading screen,  i have to shut down game from task menager

Play without using mods.

Yep, seriously. Update your modpack, or play some games without mods. We often see certain mods crash the game after a new patch, because they dont work with the new version itself or have issues with other mods.

Just because you played with mods all the time doenst say they are fine right now,

Players
6 posts
6,317 battles

Play without using mods.

Yep, seriously. Update your modpack, or play some games without mods. We often see certain mods crash the game after a new patch, because they dont work with the new version itself or have issues with other mods.

Just because you played with mods all the time doenst say they are fine right now,

ok, i'll try :)

thanks for reply

Players
2 posts
3,431 battles

Hey!

this happends to me to. 2-3 games then it mess everything up. both with and without mods. started to happend when new patch came

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
12,288 battles

this happends to me to. 2-3 games then it mess everything up. both with and without mods. started to happend when new patch came

same story, starting to get paranoid, always seems to happen just as torps come off cooldown and im about to launch at close range on an enemy ship... instead i crash and sit there waiting to be rekt

this is almost as bad as the ridiculous microstutter lags they caused with previous updates :angry: i hope 0.5.4.1 fixes this crap

Players
6 posts
6,317 battles

same story, starting to get paranoid, always seems to happen just as torps come off cooldown and im about to launch at close range on an enemy ship... instead i crash and sit there waiting to be rekt

this is almost as bad as the ridiculous microstutter lags they caused with previous updates :angry: i hope 0.5.4.1 fixes this crap

10 games in with mods...0.5.4.1 seems fine! :D

Players
6 posts
6,317 battles

No problems, port loading time takes like 2 secs more but wel...its nothing, 50 games in without a crash, bug, works perfectly fine :)

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Hey!

this sounds like smoke mod. it was bugged for a month now with at least 2 problems you mentioned there.

[BMCB]
Players
9 posts
3,789 battles

hmm i got a weird problem.. it looks like me game is set back a few months after the last update. i noticed it when i played my New York today i had all the updates for it recearched the whole ship and was a million short for the next BS, but today i need again 500k exp it's not recearched anymore etc. the same goes for the cruisers i bought recently the Pensacola and researched the 1th HUll now i'm back to the begginning. same goes for the clemson i need only 700exp fort the nicolas now i'm back and need almost 4k experience again :( i have not looked at othe ships but i bet that is the same it only effects the exp on shis though not the credits. what should i do??

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

first you put your question in wrong topic.

second it is probably credits not exp.

[BMCB]
Players
9 posts
3,789 battles

and if yur smart enough to point out that it's the wrong topic maybbe you can also point me to the right topic then

Players
1 post
124 battles

Hi I'm having the same issue, already tried deleteing the preferences file, anyone has an idea ? Its since the last update

Faulting application name: worldofwarships.exe, version: 0.5.4.1, time stamp: 0x56fa9279
Faulting module name: worldofwarships.exe, version: 0.5.4.1, time stamp: 0x56fa9279
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000239e1
Faulting process id: 0x1e0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d190d0384ee020
Faulting application path: D:\Games\World_of_Warships\worldofwarships.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\World_of_Warships\worldofwarships.exe
Report Id: 7de7ce77-fcc3-11e5-89a1-e0cb4eb72b17

[LE-GR]
Beta Tester
119 posts
5,922 battles

When i am have finish a Team Battle the game is always crushing.

I have to reset the computer because i get a black screen if i try to bring the Task Manager up.

No problem apart from this.

Any help for this?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

do you have mods installed? most of this type of crash was caused by smoke boundaries mod. if you dont have any mods installed, then idk what could be the problem.

[LE-GR]
Beta Tester
119 posts
5,922 battles

I had Alains on, and then I had it uninstall but it crashed again on Team.

Well it was 4/5 of us that crash.

We know it has nothing to do with the mod as me and another we were play on the vanilla.

Game crashed on the end of the Team battle when the report was coming up and we had to restart the computer as we could not bring up even the Task Manager.