You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sunnyjakob

**** torp nerds

15 comments in this topic

[SVE]
[SVE]
Players
242 posts
2,933 battles

Let me pay dubloons for a win-button!  :coin:

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,449 posts
7,711 battles

Nerf DD! Nerf toprs!!! too sad to type more words.:izmena: 

Please upload the last 3 replays where you got owned by Torps.

I bet a bottle of some nice single malt that you were sailing in a straight line when they hit you.

Beta Tester
1,999 posts
6,434 battles

Damnit, I really need to bookmark that Stop Sailing in a straight Line gif. Can't ever find it when I need it

Edit: after looking up the OP I assume it is a troll post. 500 games in BBs, 664 in DDs, both Jap and US up to tier 9

Edited by Crooq_Lionfang

[PGTIP]
Players
129 posts
1,678 battles

While were at it DDs NEED to have a citadel the size of a small continent, have a max speed of 1.03knt oh yes a COWBELL so when it drives we can hear them :trollface:

Beta Tester
346 posts
8,777 battles

people keep repeating that ''dont sail in a straight line'' crap, do you guys even play the game?

does it really matter if you were sailing straight if a 15 torpedo wall is coming for you? or if a single DD can stalk you and absolutely ruin your match by having to dodge endless waves of torps, with little to no reply.

right now, high Tier DDs can overpower anything maybe except the mythical CV that i heard exist, even as a cruiser player i really dont like going on a wild goose chase against a DD, they're faster and in the end i will lose more health than his total hitpoints, all while accomplishing next to nothing.

IJN DDs are flawed because they can deal an ungodly amount of damage with zero risk to them, yes they have long reload, but after that, they will torpedo wall an entire flank, all while staying invisible 

• Cool 1

[PGTIP]
Players
129 posts
1,678 battles

Well in my experience as a DD player i had a lot of matches where i torped a BB from less then 6km and he evaded my torps and blew me out of the water and i was driving IJN DDs. So i would say it is not impossible to evade IF you have situational awareness and take some basic precautions.. 

Pretty much if you want to torp anybody who is aware you have to risk you a** and if you look at a DD the wrong way he pretty much blows up

Alpha Tester
883 posts
12,126 battles

people keep repeating that ''dont sail in a straight line'' crap, do you guys even play the game?

does it really matter if you were sailing straight if a 15 torpedo wall is coming for you? or if a single DD can stalk you and absolutely ruin your match by having to dodge endless waves of torps, with little to no reply.

right now, high Tier DDs can overpower anything maybe except the mythical CV that i heard exist, even as a cruiser player i really dont like going on a wild goose chase against a DD, they're faster and in the end i will lose more health than his total hitpoints, all while accomplishing next to nothing.

IJN DDs are flawed because they can deal an ungodly amount of damage with zero risk to them, yes they have long reload, but after that, they will torpedo wall an entire flank, all while staying invisible

Yes, it´s really matter to repeat "don´t sail in a straight line"!

That´s simple, if you don´t use your W, A, S, D - keys for hours, THEN the DD´s and the torpedos become overpowered!

When you start turning when the torps are spotted it´s far too late.

Yes, I play the game and yes I have IJN DD´s & US+IJN BB´s.

Edited by nordlicht111
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,999 posts
6,434 battles

Yes, I actually do play the game. And looking at stats, it seems you and me play BBs and CAs on a comparable level: good win rate, solid damage/match, comparable tiers, good average XP. Yet you and me both seem to have a vastly different experience of the game. No, even with the best of advice you will not always avoid all torps coming at you, but most can be dodged, resulting in far less damage, just like you won't always dodge all shells being fired at you. 

First, yes, it matters, because said DD has to spread out his torps further to even have a chance of hitting you, creating larger holes between the torps for you to slip through, once you see them.

Second, if a DD wants to torp you from outside spotting range that means his torps have to travel a larger distance. Result see point 1. Especially, if you move away from his position.

Have you invested in the target acquisition module and/or Vigilance captain skill to counter those torps or rather making them more visible? I like both, especially since the Torpedo Accelleration skill was introduced, and they help a lot. 

If you do everything in your power and DDs still deal those ungodly amounts of damage to you, you should congratulate them on a match well played. If you don't do all you can, then there is noone else to blame

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

does it really matter if you were sailing straight if a 15 torpedo wall is coming for you ( A ) ? or if a single DD can stalk you and absolutely ruin your match by having to dodge endless waves of torps, with little to no reply. ( B )

right now, high Tier DDs can overpower anything maybe except the mythical CV that i heard exist, even as a cruiser player i really dont like going on a wild goose chase against a DD, they're faster and in the end i will lose more health than his total hitpoints, all while accomplishing next to nothing. ( C )

IJN DDs are flawed because they can deal an ungodly amount of damage with zero risk to them, yes they have long reload, but after that, they will torpedo wall an entire flank, all while staying invisible  ( D )

a> only shima sends 15 torps torp walls, why you attributing this to 'DD's' in general now?

b> DD stealth is is his HP, once spotted it dies quickly ( depending on how well people can aim ). The way to counter stealth is NOT your uber skills but teamwork. You are not supposed to counter a DD on your own, just as you're not supposed to counter a CV on your own. The 'hard' counter to DD's is both other DD's ( when they don't play as damage whores ) and CV's, with CA's coming behind them ( radar CA's will rank lower as both still as enemy DD can almost always choose to avoid them )

c> explains the issue at b

d> High tier USN and especially Fletcher/Gearing/Top tier RU DD's can also stealth torp?

Problem exist, but it is more a lack of teamwork ( or preconception that DD's shouldn't be dangerous which is obviously wrong to a large extent ). 

[S-INV]
Players
3 posts
10,787 battles

Im at the Kagero now, and let me tell you this:

If i fire torps from a distance longer than lets say 10km, hitting my target is extremly unlikely. In the time the torps traveled there, my target changed course way too often. Even if his change of course or speed is minimal, my "torp wall" of 8 torps will not hit. Since my torps travel 20km, i get the odd torp hit now and then, but not at a target i aimed for. Even with my 20km of range, i need to get as close to my target as possible ~about 6-7 km, which is dangerously close to getting spotted. Then i have a high chance to get atleast 1 hit. The only times i hit with more than 5 torps is either completly random lucky coincidence, or like people say, the target didnt change course for atleast 1 minute (which is a loooong time),

The trick is, you cant just be always at 6-7 km close to your target, because you get spotted by other dd's, planes, or sudden course changes of your targets, which more often than not end fatal, because kagero isnt exactly fast.

I think the best way for you to understand this, is when you played dd's and have a change of perspective.

Edited by Naut