Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lemasive

219 HE hits - 4 Fires Atago

21 comments in this topic

[EURO]
Players
506 posts
11,602 battles

Were those hits mostly on the superstructure of enemy ships or did you hit armor belts all the time.... ?

Superstructure ofc, hit a Tirpitz 35 times at 8km range then I came closer and my secondaries lit him up lol. 

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Superstructure ofc, hit a Tirpitz 35 times at 8km range then I came closer and my secondaries lit him up lol. 

That sounds like extremely bad luck then.... :/

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles

that, and being smart enough to not hit the parts of the ship that are already on fire, which I suspect may have played a role here.

[EURO]
Players
506 posts
11,602 battles

that, and being smart enough to not hit the parts of the ship that are already on fire, which I suspect may have played a role here.

If that were the case I wouldnt write here, would I? They were not on fire..

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
19,588 battles

Did you loose the game? If yes, than everything is ok, since if it was a loss from a get go, then you could have had more luck lighting up an island on fire than anyone from the enemy team. If you won, then you were just unlucky, or might have been shooting AP, as the shells sometimes swich themselves without you doing so.

[TSSHI]
Players
1,566 posts

Did you loose the game? If yes, than everything is ok, since if it was a loss from a get go, then you could have had more luck lighting up an island on fire than anyone from the enemy team. If you won, then you were just unlucky, or might have been shooting AP, as the shells sometimes swich themselves without you doing so.

Yeah, sometimes I feel the MM intentionally puts you in games you cannot win and even if you try skews the RNG in the opposition's favor.

But that might just be me being paranoid.

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
19,588 battles

You cant be paranoid when you constantly loose 12-2, and 1 win goes for 10 loses...

[PDSM]
[PDSM]
Players
4 posts
4,192 battles

u can get 200+ hits in the tier 8 japanese mogami 5 out of 10 battles without spending money on over stated premium ships. and i c wargaming r thinking bout there pockets again and brought the over powered over armoured tirpitz back for sale ,is it for the players that cant play the game and want easy battles or just to piss the players off who enjoy to play the game to level there ships up just  to come up against these over powered  over armoured ship. wargaming why dont u put all the premium ships in there own lobbies and leave them all out of the none premium ships lobbies. Just a thought

[TSSHI]
Players
1,566 posts

You cant be paranoid when you constantly loose 12-2, and 1 win goes for 10 loses...

Well TBH I really am happy that this does not happen to me, since I mainly play untill i get defeated once and then retire with my lead.

Its is more like, Oh, your platoon won 7 games in a row? Well, Let us put you in a team with 2 afkers and a team killer, and let us make your guns not hit a single thing while the enemy is allways spot on. Oh, we forgot, the enemy has 3 tier 9 battleships while you have 2 tier 8s and a tier 7. Have fun. And while you still almost manage to win that one, once you die your teammates are brain-dead.

[P4ID]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,875 battles

Since it is mathematically possible to flip a coin and get tail as a rusult 1000 times in a row i wouldnt be that stressed about your result. Bad luck, man.

[TSSHI]
Players
1,566 posts

Since it is mathematically possible to flip a coin and get tail as a rusult 1000 times in a row i wouldnt be that stressed about your result. Bad luck, man.

If you stretch it, mathematically, and eliminate all over factors that might influence a certain result, EVERYTHING is possible.

Players
12,975 posts
13,555 battles

If you stretch it, mathematically, and eliminate all over factors that might influence a certain result, EVERYTHING is possible.

Including winning a game. But thats unheard of:rolleyes:

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

Exactly why I think demolition expert is a waste of time.

Have games with lots of fires have games with very few dem expert never seems to make any discernible effect.

[P4ID]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,875 battles

Exactly why I think demolition expert is a waste of time.

Have games with lots of fires have games with very few dem expert never seems to make any discernible effect.

yeah but since you cant measure how many planes did you shoot down because you use AFT or how many more damage did you do because you have survival expert, demo is just as good as any other... it might have caused an extra fire on a yamato for 14k damage or it might have done nothing

shot-16.03.18_22.35.17-0918.jpg

shot-16.03.18_22.35.26-0931.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

Funny. Last time I took my Atago out I scored 76 hits (11 of which were AP) and started 9 fires :trollface: Ended up burning down a Yamato.

Players
340 posts
134 battles

Were those hits mostly on the superstructure of enemy ships or did you hit armor belts all the time.... ?

As far as I can tell from training room experiments, it doesn't actually matter: Zero-damage hits have a similar fire ratio to damaging hits.

Hitting areas that aren't already on fire may be important, but I wouldn't count on it.

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

As far as I can tell from training room experiments, it doesn't actually matter: Zero-damage hits have a similar fire ratio to damaging hits.

Hitting areas that aren't already on fire may be important, but I wouldn't count on it.

Nah, you can reset fires on areas already burning. That is from both-end experience. 

Players
144 posts
4,690 battles

Yeah, sometimes I feel the MM intentionally puts you in games you cannot win and even if you try skews the RNG in the opposition's favor.

But that might just be me being paranoid.

I am pretty sure it is just you being paranoid.

That has never happened to me if I didn't mash the wrong button at some point.

Sign in to follow this