Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Genie_of_the_Lamp

Plz alter that noise

12 comments in this topic

Players
155 posts

By this another old "complaint" of mine.

Dont know if more players feel the same way. If so say so.

You know when y get a citadel, there is a BEEP like your getting deaf for many seconds.

IMO the frequency is harmful for your ears.

Its also irritating because all other sounds are dropped.

I ve already some kind of ear damage cuz of my work and I hear some kind of peep every  second.

So I dont need this extra sound upon that.

I m confident there are a lot of sounds that can replace it. I just hate this noise....!

• Cool 6

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

+1, that noise is stupid. Replacing with a crew member saying "they hit our citadel" or something like that must be too hard.

Edited by waxx25

Players
662 posts
11,080 battles

+1, that noise is stupid. Replacing with a crew member saying "they hit our citadel" or something like that must be too hard.

Sound is fine, you can lower down volume. I know many players would like to have peaceful sound so that nothing scares them, but this is war game.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Sound is fine, you can lower down volume. I know many players would like to have peaceful sound so that nothing scares them, but this is war game.

it has nothing to do with fear or stress it is just an unpleasant noise and could be changed to make it better.

[ALONE]
Players
1,419 posts
11,712 battles

it is just an unpleasant noise

And getting citadelled is one of the most unpleasant things in this game, so...  :red_button:

[1378]
Players
460 posts
3,768 battles

Maybe it's WarGaming's way of telling you you are playing your class wrong. Like showing your broadside to a battleship. :trollface:

But in all honesty, the sound is rather vexing and a change to the old sound would be appreciated.

Players
13 posts
230 battles

By this another old "complaint" of mine.

Dont know if more players feel the same way. If so say so.

You know when y get a citadel, there is a BEEP like your getting deaf for many seconds.

Consider it as a flashbang grenade? After all, you being captain of the ship, is in there, in the citadel...With all respect, expect some "weird things" to occur should a 10cm+, highly explosive round (a bomb) hit your station(?) :hiding: Be glad there is not "headshot!" where the entire bridge deck and command section would "in reality" get smeared along the remaining steel like juicy paté(?)..  :sceptic:

Edited by DuckHuntPr0

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

The problem is, that noise actually hurts some peoples ears. Not exactly smart game development. And this isn't war, this is a game. It has to be pleasant to play, not hurt. 

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

Nothing against citadel / heavy damage hits. But those module incapacitation... Haven't had one since recent patch. Hope they removed it.

Players
13 posts
230 battles

The problem is, that noise actually hurts some peoples ears. Not exactly smart game development. And this isn't war, this is a game. It has to be pleasant to play, not hurt. 

It happens to me, alot, but i can't really tell high pitch frequencies any longer. Don't know to the audio format WoWS uses, but to me it sounds wierd it should be a problem unless people use headphones with volume turned way up ridiculously loud (past safe-for-work 80 decibels). Though past that point, the high Hz might be annoying, but the low/mid Hz would then be far more damaging in the long run.
Edited by DuckHuntPr0

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

It's doesn't hurt my ears except being annoying. I am just pointint it out, that for some people that is the case, I have hurt people complain about it in matches. It is still something that needs to be taken in to account.

Players
13 posts
230 battles

I ve already some kind of ear damage cuz of my work and I hear some kind of peep every  second.

So I dont need this extra sound upon that.

I can kind of understand what you mean, bandsaws and CNC took mine....What kind of audio output do you use? Earplugs are often hell of a lot worse than good old headphones that cups the the entire ear, instead of just shooting the crap right at the eardrum..If this is the case, then WG should at least cut the higher Hertz from the sounds (which i, and sure alot of others, can't hear difference if they did remove it or not).

Meanwhile, if using Linux and Wine, turning down "treble" a bit should be fairly easy on a PulseAudio/Alsa...But I'm sure there must be those kind of Equalizer tools on Windows OS' as well. If even just at "Control Panel > Sound".. (https://www.google.no/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=windows+sound+output+equalizer) . E.G If using headphone, have them set to that, and not stereo speakers.

...To me it just sounds like (counterstrike) flashbangs.. :sceptic:

Edited by DuckHuntPr0

Sign in to follow this