Sign in to follow this  
FaceFisted

Game constantly crashing

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Game used to crash since St Patrick's update (that update where you messed up my username and STILL haven't fixed it) and now is crashing even more. It just freezes and I have to shut it down from task manager. Often it happens that I restart the game, join it, find my ship is behaving strange - continuing to shoot without my input or changing directions. Latest crash produced this error:

hvSjaLt.png

I have 8GB ram, i5 CPU @3.2GHz not overclocked, nVidia 760GTX with 2GB ram and I keep game on 256GB SSD.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

This is getting ridiculous!

I cannot play one single match today without game crashing. Not just today, every single day. I have tried to lower my graphic settings to minimum - didn't work. I have tried to play without mods - didn't work. I have tried play in window - didn't work.

And it always happens in most difficult situations, like this one:

Bo7Yoi8.jpg

lChzGfp.png

I don't want to lose my nerves any more and I want refund in gold for the remaining premium time I have. There is no point in playing this game until this error is fixed and it started to happen  A LOT since 0.5.3 patch.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

I have tried following to correct error:
- uninstalling mods and playing without them
- lowering graphic settings from max to medium
- playing in window and in full screen

- lowering gui refresh rate
- completely uninstalling and reinstalling game to a clean folder

- completely allowing this game through firewall and excluding it from antivirus

- playing game with administrator rights

Nothing helped.

After ongoing discussion with support, which is leading nowhere thanks to generic template answers, I think I may have narrowed problem to this:

7TTWlfk.png

Even with FRESH install of english version of this client, these audio files are missing. Could this be related?

Beta Tester
23 posts
448 battles

The game is unplayable.

It freezes every single match, sometimes right at the start and sometimes 2-3min into the game.

My ship is still controllable but everything else freezes. No mods, fresh install, heck I formatted my PC and have nothing else besides STEAM installed.

Lucky me I didn't get premium, nor will I with this bull-fecal-matter going on and no one apparently gives a shag.

Edited by Alka_Pone

Beta Tester
2,983 posts
16,159 battles

But as someone said, i think all this started for me with 0.5.3 patch i believe? So before that i only encountered som mini lagg and i have had Aslains mod installed far longer then that sp it feels like it was something they messed up in that patch.

Anyone had this problem and still is able to use some off the Aslain stuff without getting problems? I really like some off the features in that pack but i dont wanna install it if the crapgonna hit the fan again.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

My ship is still controllable but everything else freezes. No mods, fresh install, heck I formatted my PC and have nothing else besides STEAM installed.

This is not related to my problem and it seems to me that your problem is either internet connection, firewall or background apps / another computers in LAN that use up a lot of bandwidth.

But as someone said, i think all this started for me with 0.5.3 patch i believe? So before that i only encountered som mini lagg and i have had Aslains mod installed far longer then that sp it feels like it was something they messed up in that patch.

Anyone had this problem and still is able to use some off the Aslain stuff without getting problems? I really like some off the features in that pack but i dont wanna install it if the crapgonna hit the fan again.

It's not mods since it used to happen to me with a fresh install of this game. So far update of system files helped, but some more time will have to pass before I can confirm that this solution really works.

[LE-GR]
Beta Tester
119 posts
5,922 battles

Well for me the game crash after each Team Battle.

No problem in Random game, only on the end when you are about the see the Results.

Beta Tester
2,983 posts
16,159 battles

I had alot off crashed yesterday and then i uninstalled Aslains mod and played a bunch off games and no problem. Today i saw that their was a new version off Aslains out and in this on off the mods (the one that shows the angles off enemy ships) actually said its caused ctd´s so i installed Aslains and checked alot off favorites from the list but NOT the one with hull angles (i even took the smokeborder one) and now i played like 20 games today and no crashes yet (knock on wood).

So maybe they fixed something in the new version?!

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Update - it's still crashing. I think that I will be uninstalling this game. I don't have the nerves to battle bots, terrible teams and constant crashes.

A1U6L1z.png

Edited by FaceFisted

[LE-GR]
Beta Tester
119 posts
5,922 battles

My game crushed even without the Aslains.

I had it removed and in Team Battles right at the end when the report was to show it crushed.

It has nothing to do with the mods.

I play Random and everything is ok so how is that could be happening?

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

I thought this was it, but today it crashed while I played solo. My premium time is almost done, after it's spent, I think that I will stop playing this until it's fixed.

[HORN]
Players
374 posts

Had a couple of crashes this week and in these,for once,i'm totally on fire and must be racking up both cash and xp then .............crash......................WTF.As if the game was saying right we've had enough of this greedy b****** he's getting no more.Nearly a computer out the window scenario lol.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

I know how you feel. :(

crash dump of 1.7GB sent to WG. I hope they find where this bug is and then finally fix it.

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

I'm having the same issues lately as well. It started after the latest major update. Before that: never. And yes: always in a extreme critical situation! By the time I restarted my ship is blown to pieces already.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Nothing helped, game keeps on crashing. Today I got 4 crashes one after another in most difficult in game situations where I could have made an important impact on game results. My friend has same problems since recently. This has become so frustrating that I have started to wonder what am I doing here? There isn't a hint from WG that they will refund wasted premium time and that's just not cool on their part.

Game is uninstalled until next patch. I will reinstall it with 0.5.5 and if it continues to crash there, I will find something else to play in my free time.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

And as a last resort - I have reinstalled windows. Fresh install on SSD and I thought to see if WOWS will work normally, no mods, clean install.

But of course it's not working since constant micro lags appeared. This is all telling me to abandon ship and don't waste any more time here. Pity, since I really like the game, but what can I do when it has become IMPOSSIBLE to play.

Is WG paying their developers enough? Do they even have proper developers or project managers?!?

0N9iSlr.png

p.s. And don't someone tell me that I haven't tried to solve this. I have constantly emailed support with crash reports and nothing came out of that correspondence.

Players
156 posts
11,976 battles

Since the last update I have been getting constant crashes, not while playing, but in the port, if I stay in the port screen a few minutes it crashes.

It has never done this till the last update. computer = i7 skylake, msi z7170a MB + msi 970gt, 16 gb ram, ssd's, and windows 10.

Sign in to follow this