You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sonic_157

Team Battle event (Saturday 12/03/16)

28 comments in this topic

[HNS]
Players
727 posts
12,215 battles

This Saturday (12/03/2016) a very interesting team battle event will take place.

Good luck to the teams trying to beat these guys!  :playing:

*edit

The "brand-new, so far unrevealed Tier III Premium Destroyer" will probably be the HMS  Campbeltown.

Saturday Stream Fever: Meet a Dream Team and Win!

Win just by meeting one of our community “dream teams” in a Team battle this Saturday evening from 6pm-9pm CET!

Win Glory… and more in Team Battles this Saturday!

You can win premium time, flags, and of course everlasting glory, if you meet one of our “dream teams” in a Team battle this Saturday evening. We’ll give you something whether you win or lose! Just read on for more details and conditions.

Who’s in these dream teams?

The Wargaming community team staff have teamed up with some of the most popular YouTubers and streamers to form two dream teams that will be entering into team battles on Saturday, 12 March. If you think you are up to the challenge, assemble your own team and try to meet us in a random team battle from 18:00 to 21:00 CET. Check out the teams below and be sure to tune in live on one of the available channels!

Apart from a chance to be featured on the contributor’s YouTube or Twitch channels, we will also be giving your teams the chance at some booty with the following battle missions:

WIN!

7 Days of Premium
10 of the following Signal Flags:
November Foxtrot; November Echo Setteseven; Victor Lima; India X-Ray; Juliet Whiskey Unaone

LOSE

1 Day of Premium Account

To ensure you can fully enjoy your premium time, prizes will be credited on the following Friday (18.03.2016) at 17:00 CET.

You can only win one prize per battle mission.

Beat the game!

If you aren’t lucky enough to meet our teams in any Team battle, you can still win prizes by simply being better than them! We will reward all players on the 50 best teams playing on that evening, provided they performed better than our teams. The ranking will be determined by your team’s win rate, with draws decided by your team’s average damage done per battle.

Conditions:
  • Play a minimum of 15 battles with your team
  • Have a higher win-rate than the dream teams (average of the two)
  • Be among the 50 best teams by win rate and, in case of draws, average damage

Rewards:
  • 3 days of Premium

Bonus for permanent team members:
  • 5 Signals (Zulu Hotel, Papa Papa, India Bravo Terrathree, Equal Speed Charlie London, Zulu)

Crowd favourite:

Each dream team will pick their favourite enemy team of the evening for an additional prize! All members of those two teams will receive a brand-new, so far unrevealed Tier III Premium Destroyer as soon as it is added to the game later this month.

The teams:

“Average Armchair Admirals”

"Monty Pythons Floating Circus"

(Playing from 19:00 CET)

Action Stations!

Edited by Sonic_157
  • Cool 3

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,766 battles

Won't be able to stream it after all, my ISP is disagreeing with me too much. Can play though but izoz will be solo streaming.

Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Won't be able to stream it after all, my ISP is disagreeing with me too much. Can play though but izoz will be solo streaming.

RIP stream snipe :bajan:
  • Cool 1

[CAPZO]
[CAPZO]
Players
9 posts
3,628 battles

Can you please oh please record all of it and make a YouTube feature / series of it? Would be awesome! 

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
451 posts

[quote name=

Beat the game!

If you aren’t lucky enough to meet our teams in any Team battle, you can still win prizes by simply being better than them! We will reward all players on the 50 best teams playing on that evening, provided they performed better than our teams.

Dream team 1 proceeds to win 100% of the matches.

The dream team 1 is too strong in this configuration. I suggest to appoint Jingles to CV duty, maybe he'll be targeted less. :D

Edited by Live85

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
263 posts
16,141 battles

Beat the game!

If you aren’t lucky enough to meet our teams in any Team battle, you can still win prizes by simply being better than them! We will reward all players on the 50 best teams playing on that evening, provided they performed better than our teams. The ranking will be determined by your team’s win rate, with draws decided by your team’s average damage done per battle.

Conditions:
  • Play a minimum of 15 battles with your team
  • Have a higher win-rate than the dream teams (average of the two)
  • Be among the 50 best teams by win rate and, in case of draws, average damage

Rewards:
  • 3 days of Premium

Bonus for permanent team members:
  • 5 Signals (Zulu Hotel, Papa Papa, India Bravo Terrathree, Equal Speed Charlie London, Zulu)

This was not thought through. In one evening we have 5 hours for team battles. To play 15 battles you need to find players, pick ships, wait for MM to find opponent, fight the battle and possibly have little debrief talk all in 20 minutes or below on average. Our team had 15 minutes left on Team Battle times when we got our 15th battle done and we only had few toilet breaks between battles.

I think 10 battles should have been enough. It still is 2-4 hour work, but doesn't need 80-90% efficiency in clocking battles for one evening.

WG EU guys, it would be nice to know how many teams got their 15 battles done this evening. I doubt there ain't so many.

Beta Tester
83 posts
5,484 battles

I had fun in this event hope for more like it. Got to play the dream team twice, won 1 lost 1, they owe us a third match :P

Edited by TakeMeRiver

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

You guys were so close, well played :medal:

We gave it away at the end, I was actually quite mad we were so close and we made some mistakes during the match. 

Still very happy we were chosen to receive the reward ship when it will get introduced on the server. 

And... I sank Jiblegs :trollface::great:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
38 posts
9,589 battles

Hello Guys,

we had a pretty good game against you (Average Armchair Admirals). We struggled a bit and lost but anyways it was a good and hard fight. 

All member of the MDIV Yolo Inc team want to thank you guys for the time and the match.

See you again in the next fight.

Greets

T33kanne

Edited by T33kanne
  • Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

Hello Guys,

we had a pretty good game against you (Average Armchair Admirals). We struggled a bit and lost but anyways it was a good and hard fight. 

All member of the MDIV Yolo Inc team want to thank you guys for the time and the match.

See you again in the next fight.

Greets

T33kanne

Good game guys, I think, we played 2 of your clan teams yesterday, one weaker and then yours, the stronger one. It was pretty well played. Especially your double-NC sync. If you lost to the WG team, it must have been a close one, because we got totally annihilated. I had a sad panda face the whole night, because no one would listen to my propositions to change composition of our team, but I'm hoping for WG EU doing more events like this. Liked it, enjoyed it and we had fun doing so. It's at least a mild distraction from the current state of the game, which stumbles and suffers from so many flaws on so many levels.

Meet again one day soon we will and hoping, Flamu will spill his coffee all over his keyboard this time around, then we might stand some little chance after all. Good game, well played WG EU.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 1

[MDRED]
Beta Tester
209 posts
11,331 battles

This past saturday evening was very enjoyable for me. I guess this counts for my fellow team members as well. If you keep up doing events like that, I believe teambattles become more than just battles like every day routine. :popcorn:

Though I am truly looking forward to see more stuff like that. :P

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

Don't want to sound too needy, because the event was very fun by itself, but is there an official article coming up, telling us, which teams won something and some sort of summary?

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,236 battles

Don't want to sound too needy, because the event was very fun by itself, but is there an official article coming up, telling us, which teams won something and some sort of summary?

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

I will post the results in the forum once we have received the server stats from our business intelligence team :)

If you have any feedback about the event, good or bad, please let us know!

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

I will post the results in the forum once we have received the server stats from our business intelligence team :)

If you're in "danger" of not losing any games, you should swap people around to make things more interesting. Have someone less skilled than Flamu on the carrier might have had some effect for example.

Players
1,497 posts
2,772 battles

i think the amount of minimum battles to play (if you could not meet you guys) was a bit to high maybe 10 would have been better. The team i played on did the 15 games but it took a long time and we basically had to play like 4 hours and i could imagine a lot of teams did not mannege to do that.

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

i think the amount of minimum battles to play (if you could not meet you guys) was a bit to high maybe 10 would have been better. The team i played on did the 15 games but it took a long time and we basically had to play like 4 hours and i could imagine a lot of teams did not mannege to do that.

Besides that its frustrating to see that teams in the top 5 get 9+ points for wins vs certain teams while we get 4-5 points... 

• Cool 1

Players
1,497 posts
2,772 battles

Besides that its frustrating to see that teams in the top 5 get 9+ points for wins vs certain teams while we get 4-5 points... 

well yes but that is not because of this event that is just because of the way the rating system works :P

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

If you're in "danger" of not losing any games, you should swap people around to make things more interesting. Have someone less skilled than Flamu on the carrier might have had some effect for example.

That #pleasenerfflamu again. Isn't Atago his main class? Also, the team was nicely balanced, because it had WG staff on it, if WG really didn't want to give any rewards out, they'd recruit OMNI Flavus from the start, while having 1 guy from that team doesn't seem like a big deal, plus they're really chilled about it.

Kinda feel like I owe a small apology for my teammate, who went a little bit emo about vou playing Chapayev, that was certainly childish from our side.

As for feedback:

1. Team Battles really need flag rewards (the score screen looks a bit naked without all those shiny badges)
  2. more events like this, despite it being quite demanding on time (there can be even less serious ones, just: meet our staff team, be on stream! or something like that)

Still, a good job organizing this one.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

That #pleasenerfflamu again.

Well, he is one of the more skilled players. Considering that the AAA team fought in the mid-rating area, you'd hope that they'd not pick half a team of people who essentially live inside the game. Either than, or create a team and have it's rating icreased instantly so that it does fight against teams which are more appropriate for their actual combined skill levels.

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,860 battles

I just got a mail informing me my team won something in the event. No specific info. Check your mailboxes :)

Dear Captain,

We are glad to be able to reward you with a prize for your team's excellent performance in last Saturday's team battle event!

Good luck on the high seas!

Action stations!
Your Wargaming.net Community Team
https://twitter.com/wargaming_netEN
https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWarships
https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldOfTanksCom

Edited by ShockPirat