You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Moff_Tano

Does anyone know where to get better gunners?

3 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
4,270 posts
823 battles

Cause this deal with the Empire and the procurement of Stormtroopers to crew my ships really isn't shaping to be a good deal at all.

Stormtroopers_zpsoxlbdv2i.jpg

[-TWA-]
Supertester
239 posts
8,756 battles

Well hit rates like that are quite ok for battleships (30% is good), for a Cruiser and dd you could expect hit rates up to 50% (depending on its type).

On the other hand don't forget that you are talking about combat at ~15km. Be happy that the hit rates in this game or so high, its almost to easy.

RL Example: In the battle of the Falklands, Admiral Sturdees' 15" guns were fired at the (fleeing) German squadron of cruisers on a distance of 12-13km. They had a Hit rate of <1% (1% on this distance was already considered as very accurate) ...

Of course their rounds were affected by wind and so on... wich is sadly not the case in WOWS.

In my opinion small caliber round like 130mm thats being shot on 17km is way to accurate. Even today you would not be able to shoot from the water with such small caliber on such distance with just a dispersion of like <300m... (maybe with railguns :hmm:)

As I can not tell what ship you were using its hard to tell, on the other hand, I agree the dispersion of the secondaries armament is still very high (I guess having the focus skill by default would be nice :sceptic:)

Players
42 posts
538 battles

-snip-

As I can not tell what ship you were using its hard to tell, on the other hand, I agree the dispersion of the secondaries armament is still very high (I guess having the focus skill by default would be nice :sceptic:)

Yeah thats true it would be nice, but maybe not focus skill on by default (make it an upgrade), instead add something like a atleast TRY to fire at this guy thingy, like you can disable secondarys with the 'P' key..

Cause this deal with the Empire and the procurement of Stormtroopers to crew my ships really isn't shaping to be a good deal at all.

Stormtroopers_zpsoxlbdv2i.jpg

topkek meme m9.

But i feel you.. 

Xoxo just play DD and ram into ppl main battery is for the weak.

Anecdote from a battle of mine,

I take down 2 ships, im 1/3 of HP, the 3rd enemy ship is takind me down , i shoot back.

I talk with my team a lot that match, they were friendly,

i go all 'FOR THE MOTHERLAND' on that 3rd enemy ship and i ram it down for my 3rd kill, while i die in the process..

I was proud, and my team was too. They virtually saluted me, i was happy m8...