You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wingoka

Destroyer attacks with torpedo's and cruiser's

14 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
22 posts
14,859 battles

When is this going to be fixed. This is 3 time my BS gets sunk by torps and the ship closest to me is not even within 12 km range. So either it is a major screw up in dev Work or you should really try seeing the ridicolus crap this causes. It can not be the intention off you updates to make this a torpedo shoot out. If it is you can just alter name from World off warships to Torpedo frenzie.  Torpedos have a safty range in wich they do no dammage and they have a maximum reach normaly, so why does that not aply in this game. Bad dev Work or intent to spoil game and make it a destroyer only game?

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
892 battles

Torpedos have a safty range in wich they do no dammage and they have a maximum reach normaly, so why does that not aply in this game.

It does 'aply' to this game.

[YAMUM]
Players
1,807 posts
20,730 battles

everything u mentioned is implemented. torps got a safety range before they arm and a max range as well. what u describe simply is the concealment of dd's (destroyers). f.e. the minekaze (japanese dd at tier 5) can have a safe range of about 6km before get spotted (3,x by planes). its torps got a range of 7km. stealthtorping, that's all. change course on and on, "never" go straight.

on tier 10 japanese torps got a range of 20km btw ;)...

generally battleships are the most easiest shiptype to spot, next are cruisers and worst spottable are dd's and carriers. hope this helps.

Edited by MrWastee

[CATS]
Players
19,849 posts
12,377 battles

When is this going to be fixed. This is 3 time my BS gets sunk by torps and the ship closest to me is not even within 12 km range. So either it is a major screw up in dev Work or you should really try seeing the ridicolus crap this causes. It can not be the intention off you updates to make this a torpedo shoot out. If it is you can just alter name from World off warships to Torpedo frenzie.  Torpedos have a safty range in wich they do no dammage and they have a maximum reach normaly, so why does that not aply in this game. Bad dev Work or intent to spoil game and make it a destroyer only game?

If you do not see the enemy, why do you concern yourself with minimum range? Obviously the enemy is far away.

And you have enough games under your belt that you should understand how concealment works in this game. You even drive DD.

Players
260 posts

Detection range of ships, detection range of torps, destroyers have a very short detection range and can launch torps before you can spot the ships.

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
5,467 battles

everything u mentioned is implemented. torps got a safety range before they arm and a max range as well. what u describe simply is the concealment of dd's (destroyers). f.e. the minekaze (japanese dd at tier 5) can have a safe range of about 6km before get spotted (3,x by planes). its torps got a range of 7km. stealthtorping, that's all. change course on and on, "never" go straight.

on tier 10 japanese torps got a range of 20km btw ;)...

generally battleships are the most easiest shiptype to spot, next are cruisers and worst spottable are dd's and carriers. hope this helps.

Something else the OP is describing is the art of driving a BB in a straight line for extended amounts of time

[YAMUM]
Players
1,807 posts
20,730 battles

Something else the OP is describing is the art of driving a BB in a straight line for extended amounts of time

oops right :D... what gives, i'd say in general the "rule" applies. sure dd's, cruisers and bb's are all different style, just as different trees. but u better try to avoid going straight or showing broad, no matter the type, aye? ;)
Edited by MrWastee

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
22 posts
14,859 battles

And yes i know the concelment Works that way for destroyers, sadly that aspect has not been thought true proberbly. I get it people like surprise attacks, but its quite ridicolus that a destroyer in range off secondary batteries can disapear Again. Just becourse he stops ashgooting then all the gunners Loose the target they are firing at. Maybe im the only one WHO thinks its stupid, but concealment shouldnt Work at all as long as you stay in range off secondary armament.

[BGNAV]
Players
389 posts
8,957 battles

Cmon dude, first you should learn the basics of the game then start threads like this. 

In fact, if you knew the basics of the game and had some experience you wouldnt post this ;)

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,890 battles

And yes i know the concelment Works that way for destroyers, sadly that aspect has not been thought true proberbly. I get it people like surprise attacks, but its quite ridicolus that a destroyer in range off secondary batteries can disapear Again. Just becourse he stops ashgooting then all the gunners Loose the target they are firing at. Maybe im the only one WHO thinks its stupid, but concealment shouldnt Work at all as long as you stay in range off secondary armament.

It doesn't. I recommend to either stop exaggerating, describe the situation more fully next time, drop a replay, or just realise that the blame lies with you, learn from it and move on.