You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
killer999death

The hilarity of this game which is RNG

56 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

So with the new Arpeggio missions active I find myself playing world of warships daily and holy macaroni if you thought RNG in world of tonks is bad it gets worse.

I find myself in hilarious situations where RNG just [edited] up everything in an instant . . . or perhaps it's just slowly nagging you down.

Examples of what I am talking about.

> Fired 1 salvo from MY nagato at an enemy Nagato. All shells miss but one. What happens? I ammo racked a tier 7 battleship with only ONE shell from 8 fired. Are you serious? I APOLOGISED to the guy because that was just screwed up specially since the battle only started.

>Sailing in my Mogami. I get shot at by enemy battleship (dunno wich but tier 7-8 american probably. ALL! ALL shells miss but one and he just takes away 95% of my HP because that one homing shell hits my citadel. What m8?

> Once again a battle in my Nagao. Battle progresses into the end stages of the game and I am left on 22k health. Enemy carrier sends 2 bomber squads and 1 topredo plane (no not squadron, only ONE plane.) What happens? Diver bombers missd me. One single torpedo bomber was not shot down by my AA despite manually selecting it. The torpedo is in the water, I manever and angle my ship trying to have it hit my torpedo bulge aaaaaaan BOOM! I got ammo racked by a single torpedo.

there are plenty of such situations along with 'dispersion' and 'hilarious damage values' are seriously breaking the mood to play this game. If I want RNG I'll hit up virtual slot machine and click that instead of clicking ships to get mind boggling results -__-

/Rant

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation.RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

I never actually consider rng to be that big of a problem. The worse is to have a team where half of the "teammates" die in first 2 mins with 0 kills and you know the battle will be lost when it is 7v12 unless enemies start teamkilling each other.

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

Already voted prior to making this thread

I never actually consider rng to be that big of a problem. The worse is to have a team where half of the "teammates" die in first 2 mins with 0 kills and you know the battle will be lost when it is 7v12 unless enemies start teamkilling each other.

I don't mind them dying because I can still make somewhat of a last stand and do good in the end but when all shells in a salvo miss and only one hits doing 65k damage cause ammo rack, 95% HP gone cause 1 shell citadel pens and not to mention the dispersion [edited]up battleships at close range. It's time to stop, k~

Players
138 posts
914 battles

You guys should complain about accuracy, not about RNG. 

The accuracy of BBs is bad to such an extent that the shells end so far apart that only one to three can hit at a time (for most ships).

Where on the target they hit is completely random, but if accuracy were better, it would be more dependent on your aim how many hit. If accuracy were a lot better, it would be dependent on your aim where they hit. 

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,493 battles

RNG & Accuracy is done like this to prevent moaning on how accurate ships are.

In reality, yes, Warships can be accurate... Same shots from the gun actually taking the same trajectories .

BUT if its like this would it not be easy for a Yamato from 18~ ish Km to citadel snipe you over and over again.

The randomness is there to keep it fair and hilarious when it goes right... 75k dmg to a yamato in an amagi... Love it or Hate it , Rng will always stay

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,687 battles

where did that last shell hit on that nagato?

i remember that the same thing happend when i was in my pensa long time ago and that one little wild shell hit a cleveland in his mast (the one furthest back) and detonated him....

it was both a happy and yet wired feeling to blow him op by hitting his mast, but you know RNG sometimes the crew accidentally put explosives in the wrong places.

Players
444 posts
6,398 battles

So with the new Arpeggio missions active I find myself playing world of warships daily and holy macaroni if you thought RNG in world of tonks is bad it gets worse.

I find myself in hilarious situations where RNG just [edited] up everything in an instant . . . or perhaps it's just slowly nagging you down.

Examples of what I am talking about.

> Fired 1 salvo from MY nagato at an enemy Nagato. All shells miss but one. What happens? I ammo racked a tier 7 battleship with only ONE shell from 8 fired. Are you serious? I APOLOGISED to the guy because that was just screwed up specially since the battle only started.

>Sailing in my Mogami. I get shot at by enemy battleship (dunno wich but tier 7-8 american probably. ALL! ALL shells miss but one and he just takes away 95% of my HP because that one homing shell hits my citadel. What m8?

> Once again a battle in my Nagao. Battle progresses into the end stages of the game and I am left on 22k health. Enemy carrier sends 2 bomber squads and 1 topredo plane (no not squadron, only ONE plane.) What happens? Diver bombers missd me. One single torpedo bomber was not shot down by my AA despite manually selecting it. The torpedo is in the water, I manever and angle my ship trying to have it hit my torpedo bulge aaaaaaan BOOM! I got ammo racked by a single torpedo.

there are plenty of such situations along with 'dispersion' and 'hilarious damage values' are seriously breaking the mood to play this game. If I want RNG I'll hit up virtual slot machine and click that instead of clicking ships to get mind boggling results -__-

/Rant

hello akagi  
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation.RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

where did that last shell hit on that nagato?

i remember that the same thing happend when i was in my pensa long time ago and that one little wild shell hit a cleveland in his mast (the one furthest back) and detonated him....

it was both a happy and yet wired feeling to blow him op by hitting his mast, but you know RNG sometimes the crew accidentally put explosives in the wrong places.

He was sailing away from me and presented the most narrow shiluette. All of my shells (7) splashed into the water at his port side but this ONE somehow magically drifted to the right more than the others (I seriously wish now that I'd have replays set on to show it but I don't cause I need to fiddle with some file instead of WG implementing it into the game options like in world of tanks!!!). It was a hilarious sight because the shell flew so damn un-naturally towards the ship and hit the enemy Nagato somewhere near the bow at the complete port side of the deck. Boom! 65k damage with ONE shell. 

From that match on I'm actually paranoid of getting 1 shotted in my Nagato

hello akagi  

Hello Buuuuuuurning Loooovu Kongou-san

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,687 battles

He was sailing away from me and presented the most narrow shiluette.

its the same here, the cleveland was also sailing away and 9 of 10 shells in the salvo missed except that one that detonated him. I too wished i had a replay.

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

>Sailing Nagato to decap our base from 1 Mutsuki and 1 Nuremberg

>Fear about DD kiting me with torpedos

>Mutsuki gets spotted cause he foolishly sails towards me when I have HE loaded for him

>Kill him in one salvo

>He launched torpedos as predicted

>I dodge all but 1 torpedo

>I get killed. 65k health points gone cause torpedo magically detonated my ammo rack like I am sailing a [edited]wooden boat full of gunpowder

> Nurember caps out our base and wins the match for enemy team cause my allied ships were too far to stop him.

Wargaming World of Warships has the most f*** hilarious RNG moments and you want to make this into an e-sports title?! WAT?!

Edited by killer999death

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,185 battles

Yesterday I played New York.

I shot a full salvo on a Yorck at close range.

Ammorack !!

It was HE.

I didn't even citadelled him ...

Players
99 posts
4,755 battles

happened so many times full salvo of AP from BB at 3/4 km and none to very little damage, then a shell fired from 20km and boom citadel.

this game is all screwed up mostly because of those noob players always complaining about this ship is OP, that ship is bad, this ship is this and that and bla bla bla...........

of course WG will listen to those new noob players which are the ones paying their wages!

good were the times on beta.

• Cool 1

Players
60 posts
12,107 battles

this game is all screwed up mostly because ....

Exactly that.

time to uninstall. player numbers (actively) are not rising at all. only few "hardcore" players will stay.

its completely fucked up. (the gameplay i talk about. the 'looks' are nice)

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,531 battles

From that match on I'm actually paranoid of getting 1 shotted in my Nagato

Oh don't worry, it can happen to all BBs.

Not that long ago I was in my North Carolina. I had just cleaned up at the B cap on Land of Fire and turned towards A cap where the enemy had a large force. Seeing so many enemies I decided that caution was the better part of valour and presented the bow only. Then I figured I was a bit exposed so back up while under fire from a few ships. Out from an island came a Colorado at 15km. I had been expecting him, ready to punish his broadside ways. Well, as it happened, my salvo missed all over the place (such is the fate of North Carolina), he Detonated me.

Usually I just sigh at getting Detonated, but this is one of two cases where I got angry. I didn't yell in chat or anything, but I was furious. I did everything right, the Colorado did everything wrong. I died and he escaped with not a scratch. I only barely managed to resist throwing the computer out the window. It didn't help that in the very next game I got Detonated in my Tirpitz by a torpedo. It was one of those days.

• Cool 1

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

Yesterday I played New York.

I shot a full salvo on a Yorck at close range.

Ammorack !!

It was HE.

I didn't even citadelled him ...

Got 4 citadels in one salvo against a Kongo at max range in a NY yesterday, and I didn't think it was that well aimed!

Problem is that RNG is WG's way of balancing BB, without it they'd simply vaporise CA in one salvo every time (which seems to be the problem at higher tiers), but with it the game just becomes one of chance.

[SCRUB]
Players
956 posts
7,706 battles

My Nagato got citadelled by one shell from a full North Carolina last night. 

It hit my radio mast. Now that's RNG.

[SKRUB]
[SKRUB]
Players
198 posts
7,435 battles

talking about rng i just ran into a furataka in my atlanta, very close range,

every shot that hit the side of his ship was a normal damage roll with no citadels at all but after i died the one salvo that was in mid air landed 14 citadels....he went kaboom

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

talking about rng i just ran into a furataka in my atlanta, very close range,

every shot that hit the side of his ship was a normal damage roll with no citadels at all but after i died the one salvo that was in mid air landed 14 citadels....he went kaboom

If there's an award for most ridiculous RNG ever I think you've just won it.

Edited by Capra76

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,309 posts
9,070 battles

Perhaps you should reconsider?

A couple of us had a laugh this evening on the atlantic map, 4 of us go to one flank and face off against 4 enemy ships, 2 cruisers each, 2 dd's each, tier 8 and 9 alike, A rather nice match-up.  While we fire at the enemy I notice my damage rolls are pretty low and my one torp hits a dd for a very low damage roll. The enemy ships however fire one volley (yes, the first volley they fire at us) and guess what? 2 of us detonate, me being one of them. An enemy fires at me in my dd and I see all his shells miss horribly, except one shell hits the edge of my bow and I blow up immediately. Don;t ask me why, but apparently my crew moved all my ammo to the bow.

I then proceeded to watch my team mate blow up a few seconds later where he was at 3/4 health, not even a reasonably well aimed shot from the enemy cruiser and once again, only around 2 shells hit him. So immediately our flank was a bust being outnumbered giving the enemy a massive advantage. No skill involved at all here, just pure luck helping determine the outcome of what could have been a fair fight, but no, all hail the RNG - the ultimate factor in deciding who wins and loses, and of course the MM that put me in tier 10 games every single tier 8 ship I played this evening. So after 5 battles I quit for the night - I'm not into constant tier 10 bashings where I'm outgunned and outranged.

Edited by Shaka_D
  • Cool 2

[OSC]
Players
2,730 posts
10,257 battles

ridiculous citadels? you can see them every day...

but whats more annoying to me, is that yesterday, i played nagato, fired a volley at a full broadside amagi practicly standing still 10km away from me with 10k hp left... he died? nah, every single shell missed him. 2-3 falling too much in front of him, all the rest falling behind him. "skillful" game it is for sure...
on the other hand, im playing cruiser, some random BB shoots at me from 18 km away, i dodge his volley, all the shells drop like mile away from me, but 1 shell went completely different way because of dispersion, hit me in the @ss (stern if you want it), pierced my deck, citadeled me and killed me... fun times.

I don't mind some RNG in the games, but when RNG takes place instead of skill, thats when i had enough... whats the point of getting better, learning the game etc when the outcome is still chosen by a dice roll...

• Cool 1

Players
141 posts
5,925 battles

i hate RNG with a passion these days...following scenario

me in iowa firing at a stationary(!!!) izumo at 18km or so

aim dead center

8 out of 9 shells miss...3 times in a row...thats usually the moment where i wanna punch somebody cause its just utter BS

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

As long as damage won't be 'standardized' you will have battleships fiering a full salvo at a cruiser for 1200 damage  or blowing them to kingdom come by doing all the citadel penetrations + ammo racking them because RNG rolled the numbers into your favor.

Game is too random. :T

Players
50 posts
2,833 battles

Just today I landed a double citadel hit on a CA and only did 1k damage now that is some horse crap right there. I would like to see less RNG and more skill for god sakes

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,531 battles

Just today I landed a double citadel hit on a CA and only did 1k damage now that is some horse crap right there. I would like to see less RNG and more skill for god sakes

That is actually impossible. What you got was incapacitations. They are yellow too.

If you got two citadels, then it is impossible for the game to give you that amount of damage, as at least one of them would have to be full damage (the other could be 1 damage, but only because the enemy ship only had 1 HP left). In over 2000 games I have never seen an actual citadel do less than the listed damage unless it was a kill.