Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Which tier 5 skill for Yamato

16 comments in this topic

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
476 posts
6,799 battles

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the tier manual fire control because it only targets one ship which is a bit useless if you have a few ships around you, so which 5skill or 4skill would you use on the Yamato?

i currently use tier1 basic fire training and basic survival, tier2 expert marksman, tier3 superintendent and tier 4 advance fire training. I'm looking at either preventative maintenance or concealment expert but I'm not sure

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
476 posts
6,799 battles

this, or manual secondaries

I had the manual secondary's and didn't think much of it

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Vigilance and the tier 2 survivability skill might be good too.

[OMNI]
Players
773 posts
11,597 battles

Jack of all trades. 15% faster repair party reload and 15% faster Damage Control Reload.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,678 battles

Jack is the most universally effective skill out of all of them.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,735 battles

I use manual secondaries.  Sure, it is only useful in some situations but I'm quite aggressive anyway.  My record damage from secondaries is over 50k when you consider just less than 30k actual dmg and 23k fire dmg.

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles

None. There's no lvl 5 skill for a BB that's worth it, while there are several good choices at the other levels.

Players
1,648 posts
12,116 battles

Concealment Expert + Concealment System Mod. + Camouflage = 13.5 detectability with Yamato

Since I could not decide on any other, I gave this one a try after the patch. Turns out to be quite effective and I am sure it will do well with Situation Awareness as 16th skill point. Certainly, everytime you fire you are visible for 20 seconds but you are not shooting non-stop at everything that moves.

[OMNI]
Players
773 posts
11,597 battles

Concealment Expert + Concealment System Mod. + Camouflage = 13.5 detectability with Yamato

Since I could not decide on any other, I gave this one a try after the patch. Turns out to be quite effective and I am sure it will do well with Situation Awareness as 16th skill point. Certainly, everytime you fire you are visible for 20 seconds but you are not shooting non-stop at everything that moves.

Chance of a DD not being within 13.5km of Yamato? 0.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,735 battles

Chance of a DD not being within 13.5km of Yamato? 0.

Yep... I prefer my secondaries kicking in somewhere around the 11km mark.  Admittedly I need someone else to spot them at that distance. but they soon start scurrying for cover.  The improved secondaries is for a bit of trolling, but they can be a lot of fun to have :)

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,943 battles

if i would take a tier 5 i go for secondaries otherwise none

Players
1,648 posts
12,116 battles

I tried secondaries first when I got Yamato, and got disappointed. ~1500 shots fired, ~10 hits, 0 dmg. Yay. (that was without the lvl5 secondaries perk)

The chance of not having a DD in 13.5 km range is fairly small but it does exist. Depends on MM (especially with the Shimakaze inflation lately) but there are a lot of decent matches in which you can change position mostly undetected as well.

Edited by _Kyoshi

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,661 battles

For secondaries to be anything of use you would need the secondary mod instead of AA, with flag you push it to some 12km (give or take), but still the chance of hitting anything like a DD is rather small considering the time it will be visible. Id rather swich these 5 points for defence.

WG never planned to make the secondaries usefull, and this 5th skill is a failure of a try.

Sign in to follow this