Sign in to follow this  
MATREKUS

RADAR would be a final blow for RU DDs...

46 comments in this topic

Players
377 posts

While I fully welcome radar (to stop shima etc torpedo spam fests) this will do more damage to the russian high tier gunboats.....So no more invisi firing, already average concealment will be even worse and torps are anyways weaker than in any other DD line...RU DDs are already a rarity in games and now they will completely wanish from matches....

Edited by Tvrdi1976

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

While I fully welcome radar (to stop shima etc torpedo spam fests)

I can't come up with any way this will affect Shima spam fest?

Beta Tester
339 posts
218 battles

How would radar be a final blow to VMF DDs? Ok, I see the problem if you are often close to enemy ships using offensive smokes, but USN DDs got this problem also. I guess as a VMF DD you want to maintain distance, so 9-10km of radar range is't a big deal if you navigate your ship at some 10km range...

Players
377 posts

I can't come up with any way this will affect Shima spam fest?

To be really very successful in torpedo boat you need to fire torps from the border of your concealment....So yes, dudes who like boring playstyle will randomly still fire them from greater distance hoping somene careless act will give em a hit or two...
Edited by Tvrdi1976

Players
377 posts

How would radar be a final blow to VMF DDs? Ok, I see the problem if you are often close to enemy ships using offensive smokes, but USN DDs got this problem also. I guess as a VMF DD you want to maintain distance, so 9-10km of radar range is't a big deal if you navigate your ship at some 10km range...

Lets say i have AFT on my Udaloy and all conc perks...so my conc is around 7ish something...and range is 14,5km....penalty detection for firing is around 4? ...so I have like 1-2km of invisi firing unless radar isnt going to detect a ship which is firing from distance greater than 9km...

Edited by Tvrdi1976

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

To be really very successful in torpedo boat you need to fire torps from the border of your concealment....So yes, dudes who like boring playstyle will randomly still fire them from greater distance hoping somene careless act will give em a hit or two...

Oh, I absolutely agree. I always skulk around the edges of my detection range in IJN. But I was under the impression that the so called "Shima torpedo spam" just as often refer to torpedoes launched at least 10 km away as area denial.

In either case, the spam will continue, but now guaranteed from >10 km. So for all practical intent, Shima torp spam is not affected, but encouraged.

Edited by gr0pah

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
578 posts
6,307 battles

Oh, I absolutely agree. I always skulk around the edges of my detection range in IJN. But I was under the impression that the so called "Shima torpedo spam" just as often refer to torpedoes launched at least 10 km away as area denial.

In either case, the spam will continue, but now guaranteed from >10 km. So for all practical intent, Shima torp spam is not affected, but encouraged.

poor my yammy :(...

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,581 posts
12,110 battles

In either case, the spam will continue, but now guaranteed from >10 km. So for all practical intent, Shima torp spam is not affected, but encouraged

Shima spam "per se" isn't such a problem. Problem appears, for example, when said Shima is capping, and you can't do shiet about it, and it can still be a big danger to you lurking around 6 km from you. So, while a passive Shima gameplay remains unaffected, the real nuisance of DD capping or torping from the border of their range is made much more difficult.

Also, I wouldn't say that radar affects stealth shooting at all. It just provides BOOM YOU SEE effect, but not changes the proximity spotting value right? So if you can invisi shoot from 12 km you should still remain invisible depite radar working  that's at least how I understand it.

[EDIT] Well, now I read it again, and it says "assured acquisition". I'm a bit puzzled if it will affect stealth shooting outside the range of radar or not. Maybe someone with better english skillz could confirm/deny?

Edited by Dropsiq

Players
30 posts
9,150 battles

Disagree completely. If anything it would be a buff to Russian DDs since they already have a concealment distance nearly as far as the radar. I have a Kiev and I find myself trying to stay at 12k+ anyway.

IMO the nerf mostly affects USN DDs, which is unfortunate since I have given up on Russian DDs and was instead going for a Fletcher.

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,443 battles

Lets say i have AFT on my Udaloy and all conc perks...so my conc is around 7ish something...and range is 14,5km....penalty detection for firing is around 4? ...so I have like 1-2km of invisi firing unless radar isnt going to detect a ship which is firing from distance greater than 9km...

On how many occasions do you get a "clean" invisi fire situation? I think on the contrary to your statement that RU DDs will suffer by radar  it will actually help you after all. If you get spotted while trying to perform the invisi fire the new radar mechanic will very likely help you in return and your team may spot the otherwise hidden IJN DD (who is spotting you) and deal with that threat.

IMO the nerf mostly affects USN DDs, which is unfortunate since I have given up on Russian DDs and was instead going for a Fletcher.

I think for the US DDs it will mostly depend on your playstyle: if you accept to be spotted while shooting anyway this won't be an issue. If you focus heavily on the invisible firing it probably will hurt you more.

I am not sure about the exact details concerning islands for example. But a non-line-of-sight-spotting should not be the implemented mechanic (after all real radar can't "see" through thick stones either because it behaves like light in this regard). Smoke will be an exception though.

Edited by Z_OnkelE

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,564 battles

While I fully welcome radar (to stop shima etc torpedo spam fests) this will do more damage to the russian high tier gunboats.....So no more invisi firing, already average concealment will be even worse and torps are anyways weaker than in any other DD line...RU DDs are already a rarity in games and now they will completely wanish from matches....

And how exactly does a radar with 10km range affect you when youre 12+km away? :) Yeah it will spot you if you stay in smoke but thats not a bad thing really because that will give CAs a decent chance of actually doing their jobs...

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

And how exactly does a radar with 10km range affect you when youre 12+km away? :) Yeah it will spot you if you stay in smoke but thats not a bad thing really because that will give CAs a decent chance of actually doing their jobs...

The other point to remember is the radar only has a duration of 25 seconds

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,581 posts
12,110 battles

Not really. Tier VIII radar is 25 sec, tier IX is 30 and tier X is 40 for US.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Not really. Tier VIII radar is 25 sec, tier IX is 30 and tier X is 40 for US.

Sorry I don't recognise those figures. In any case I do not think radar will have much of an effect as some people believe.

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,564 battles

US radar lasts longer but has shorter range while russian radar has shorter duration but longer range...more info here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45279-the-radar-is-coming-some-interesting-info-from-ru-reddit-confirms-this/

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

US radar lasts longer but has shorter range while russian radar has shorter duration but longer range...more info here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45279-the-radar-is-coming-some-interesting-info-from-ru-reddit-confirms-this/

Thanks. I don't usually believe much that gets posted on TAP. And values can change as a result of testing. In a DD I would still be more bothered about being spotted by planes. Also when capping at the start of a battle I doubt Cruisers will get too close for fear of the enemy BBs.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I expected more from you then to take anything written on that page for granted :red_button:

:aqua:

Players
17 posts

RU dd penalt for shoting is 6 km.

I hope WG is smart enough to not implement such a HUge nerf to dds. If tehy do it tehy will loose even more players and the shitstorm will be huge. Better restrict the numbers of dds per team. that would be the only smart move.

Or buff US and RU dds with somewhat usefull then: for example RU dd instead of 6 km detection penalty while shooting back to 3 km instead

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,564 battles

I expected more from you then to take anything written on that page for granted :red_button:

Granted? nah...but i dont expect major changes IF they decide to even implement the feature at all...

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

You got some numbers for us then mister super tester? :hiding:

I know you cant but can we take that they are inaccurate then? I wonder if the actual would be better or worse.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

I know you cant but can we take that they are inaccurate then? I wonder if the actual would be better or worse.

I think people need to see how radar affects gameplay on the live server before making premature judgements. I remember people posting nonsense about Russian DDs being totally OP before they were released and all predictions turned out to be false. Over the span of a 20 minute battle, from my experience so far, I do not think radar will affect DDs as much as people fear.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You shouldn't try and read more into it then what was written. The information there might be accurate it might be not, but in any case it's never final so don't base your arguments on it. 

Players
3,597 posts
7,320 battles

I think people need to see how radar affects gameplay on the live server before making premature judgements. I remember people posting nonsense about Russian DDs being totally OP before they were released and all predictions turned out to be false. Over the span of a 20 minute battle, from my experience so far, I do not think radar will affect DDs as much as people fear.

We'll have to wait and see but my fear is it'll hit USN much harder than IJN and encourage the kind of long range torpedo spam that is causing so many complaints.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

We'll have to wait and see but my fear is it'll hit USN much harder than IJN and encourage the kind of long range torpedo spam that is causing so many complaints.

I think people need to think about this in terms of the whole game. Cruisers are not going to go DD hunting if BBs are around. The time radar is useful is towards the end of a battle when hunting a lone DD. 

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

I think people need to think about this in terms of the whole game. Cruisers are not going to go DD hunting if BBs are around. The time radar is useful is towards the end of a battle when hunting a lone DD. 

I see it being used around caps and DDs in smoke, maybe when a DD is spotted for a split second. Dont know how much of an impact it will have.

And Russian DDs were OP until they were nerfed after the test server. And then nerfed even more afterwards.

Sign in to follow this