Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tjeme

Research for ships is to slow

20 comments in this topic

[LM-RO]
Players
1 post
1,543 battles

After the last update the leveling is going to slow. It is taking to long to get another ship. Now it is not as fun as it was before the update:(.

[DSW]
Players
3,792 posts
7,737 battles

After the last update the leveling is going to slow. It is taking to long to get another ship. Now it is not as fun as it was before the update:(.

literally not a single thing changed in regards to that.

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

Progression speed is just fine as it is if anything I would slow down the lower tiers a little (T1-T4) so people gain more experience before reaching higher tiers. 

Takes longer in WoT to reach a T10.

Edited by Eternus_Damnatio
  • Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,323 battles

Probably you unlocked the next tier of ships. The amount of xp needed for every next tier rises exponentially with ever step.

Nothing was changed in the amount of xp you earn per battle. Or have you switched to co-op mode?

[CATS]
Players
14,711 posts
10,879 battles

Some ships get even more XP than before.

Boosting XP gain with flags is very easy, but the credits are a problem.

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Progression speed is just fine as it is if anything I would slow down the lower tiers a little (T1-T4) so people gain more experience before reaching higher tiers. 

I absolutely agree with this. Weirdly enough, if memory serves, last patch reduced quite heavily exp requirements on low tier ships. :sceptic:

EDIT: from 5.3.0 patch notes

Decreased research prices:

• Dresden: 350 XP (instead of 750 XP)
  • Hermelin's weapon station research, that lead to Dresden, now costs 100 XP (instead of 250 XP)
  • Chikuma: cost changed to 350 XP (instead of 800 XP) - Storozhevoy: changed to 500 XP (instead of 1000 XP)
  • Hashidate's weapon station research, that lead to Chikuma, now costs 100 XP (instead of 200 XP)
  • Storozhevoy: cost changed to 500 XP (instead of 1000 XP)
  • Chester: cost changed to 350 XP (instead of 800 XP)
  • Erie's weapon station research, that lead to Chester, now costs 100 XP (instead of 200 XP)

So yes, XP cost was more than slashed in half.

Edited by gr0pah

Players
55 posts
1,615 battles

WoT is way faster, I got my first t10 in 2-3 weeks with no prem.

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles

Have to concur, even though I balked at first once I noticed the new XP levels needed when closed beta went into open, but XP is actually pretty fast in this game, I currently have ~68k free XP and something like 200k that I could turn to free XP if I wanted to spend the gold. What is the limiting factor in this game is the credits, especially once you get into higher tiers and ships start to cost 10 million + and modules are several million each. I've never gained more than about 500k in a single game, and that's with a premium ship, normal would be more like 200-350 in a good game, meaning you make maybe 1 million an hour and at that rate it takes half a working week to afford a tier 10 ship. With a RL job where you can work an hour extra for more pay it's a non issue, but if not it is a huge limitation.

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

As far as I can see, once you get to the upper tiers the credits become the real issue rather than XP. Luckily I'm not yet at the point where credits are a major limiting factor, but I have noticed that my credit gain has dwindled a bit in T7 and things are starting to become far more expensive. I know I won't have enough money to buy my Shokaku by the time I get sufficient experience, as I only have 20k xp to go but I somehow need to come up with 5 million credits.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

I absolutely agree with this. Weirdly enough, if memory serves, last patch reduced quite heavily exp requirements on low tier ships. :sceptic:

Great, like above bottom tiers didn't already have enough lower than microbe IQ potatoes without slightest clue about playing their ship even if you glued game manual in to their face...

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Great, like above bottom tiers didn't already have enough lower than microbe IQ potatoes without slightest clue about playing their ship even if you glued game manual in to their face...

I also couldn't quite believe it when I saw it. WG did the correct thing and made XP cost between nations consistent, but I really feel they should have brought the low cost up, and not the high cost down. The exp reduction combined with shielded MM for T1-3 will/have result(ed) in some extremely clueless potatoes emerging in T4. And I find that deplorable. None the least for their own sake.

tl;dr: Let newbs (not derogatory) learn the ropes at low tiers. Don't encourage them to zoom through the lines, learning nothing.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

funny you should say that, I'm progressing faster in my chosen lines than I ever had in WoT.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

I think its ok the way it is. Some ships can be boring to play but the progress is definitely faster than in WoT. Making it faster would shorten the learning curve which is definitely not a good thing for high tier battles which aren't the most enjoyable already.

• Cool 1

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

tl;dr: Let newbs (not derogatory) learn the ropes at low tiers. Don't encourage them to zoom through the lines, learning nothing.

Newbie isn't a derogoratory term, noob is. The two are quite different, something the many people forget. Newbs are simply people who are new to a game and are still trying to figure stuff out, while noobs are just people who are plain bad and will never get good at the game.

Ctrl Alt Del did a strip explaining the difference here.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

I think its ok the way it is. Some ships can be boring to play but the progress is definitely faster than in WoT. Making it faster would shorten the learning curve which is definitely not a good thing for high tier battles which aren't the most enjoyable already.

This. ^^

My skills have improved at a slower pace than my progression through the tiers.

By the time that the grind is completed I know that I can buy the next ship, AND FULLY UPGRADE IT IMMEDIATELY. It's irresistible.

As the great writer Oscar Wilde said "I can resist everything except temptation". :(

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Newbie isn't a derogoratory term, noob is. The two are quite different, something the many people forget. Newbs are simply people who are new to a game and are still trying to figure stuff out, while noobs are just people who are plain bad and will never get good at the game.

Ctrl Alt Del did a strip explaining the difference here.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Cool 2

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

I've seen some of the less experienced players do quite well as part of team even in "outtiered" ship.

And same for lots of just averagish players.

But there's insane amount of those 500+ matches fail boaters who wouldn't qualify for captaincy of rowing boat.

Yesterday had Fuso and Nagato (that retard has 34% victory in Nagato) and Sim go to behind big islands in east end of North map and being useless for team for 10 minutes.

While enemy concentrated their team to center and center-west, against which one Yorck just plain suicided by rushing straight in.

In previous match in Fault Line half of BBs and cruisers just spread around the map suiciding, including going to center. (same today with one New Jerk suiciding in center to crossfire)

And like mentioned in this there are those border f*ckers doing their best to avoid doing damage to enemy:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45968-how-do-you-counter-he-spam/page__pid__892631#entry892631

I've many times had attacking flank BBs f*ck border and corner to make sure they can't support most of the map and go even behind enemy base before heading for it!

[250H2]
Beta Tester, Players
1,079 posts
13,246 battles

WoT is way faster, I got my first t10 in 2-3 weeks with no prem.

Second accounts don't count. Make a second account in WOW and will be faster than WOT.

[CATS]
Players
14,711 posts
10,879 battles

And depends on the number of matches, Some people do more matches in 2-3 weeks than others do in a year.

Beta Tester
847 posts

Based on what ? Because the xp costs have been reduced ? I think (considering that you only have one T IV and one T V) you are experiencing the slowdown of level progression as it has always been. It needs a lot more games to get from IV to V and even more to get from V to VI. This has nothing to do with an update. 
Edited by N00b32

Sign in to follow this