Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lowflight_iron

Aircrafts against aircrafts damage

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
4,370 battles

I was checking a mission that requires to inflict an amount of damage and I found out that damage that an aircraft produces on an other aircraft is not counted and only damage that is inflicted on ships by aircrafts counts.

I believe that this is quite unfair for people that play a lot with carriers not to include the aircraft against aircraft damage.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

Aircrafts vs Aircrafts don't deal damage.

As I understood the game mechanism behind it, there is simply a percentage chance of shooting down an enemy plane based on various factors including survivability.

Beta Tester
847 posts

I was checking a mission that requires to inflict an amount of damage and I found out that damage that an aircraft produces on an other aircraft is not counted and only damage that is inflicted on ships by aircrafts counts.

I believe that this is quite unfair for people that play a lot with carriers not to include the aircraft against aircraft damage.

You have torp bombers and normal bombers. What do you need aircrat vs aircraft damage for ? And how is that unfair ? Just switch to another layout and dish out damage. It is really not that hard in a carrier. 
Edited by N00b32

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

As Noob32 said, all the damage your TBs and DBs do is, indeed, damage that counts. You get experience however for all the planes you shoot down.

Players
2 posts
4,370 battles

As Noob32 said, all the damage your TBs and DBs do is, indeed, damage that counts. You get experience however for all the planes you shoot down.

I agree with that but you also need fighter aircrafts to provide protection for your planes and ships. You get experience for aircraft vs aircraft but this isn't counting as damage in missions. Switching to a low or none fighter formation gives a strong against ships but fragile against fighters force.

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

I agree with that but you also need fighter aircrafts to provide protection for your planes and ships. You get experience for aircraft vs aircraft but this isn't counting as damage in missions. Switching to a low or none fighter formation gives a strong against ships but fragile against fighters force.

Sure I get what you are saying. But I mean.. damage against planes? That's WoWp territory...

Sign in to follow this