MrConway

Team Battle Leaderboard

25 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,154 posts
2,248 battles

Captains, we are excited to announce the introduction of a leaderboard for team battles!

Also: Congratulations to OMNI Flavus for currently being the best team in Europe!

To find out how your team is doing, please make sure you are logged in to the portal:

OKj8UpA.jpg?1

Then open the "Players" tab and select "Team Battles":

bkap4AV.jpg?1

You can then find your team's stats, as well as the link to the leader board below them. If you haven't fought any team battles, you will need to follow the direct link to the leaderboard!

RxNxumH.jpg?1

Edited by MrConway
  • Cool 6

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Alpha Tester
239 posts
8,484 battles

Woo! Thanks for this feature.

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,008 battles

Hello and good morning!

Awesome feature and some really funny names for teams :)

Congrats to all teams.

p.s.(1) Small mistake on the script "Leaderboard for team battles", not ranked.

p.s.(2) Who are the guys on "Imperial Forumite Navy"??

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,154 posts
2,248 battles

Hello and good morning!

Awesome feature and some really funny names for teams :)

Congrats to all teams.

p.s.(1) Small mistake on the script "Leaderboard for team battles", not ranked.

Oops, fixed! :hiding:

• Cool 1

[UN]
Weekend Tester
849 posts
20,030 battles

I have been wondering about something like that. Too bad you can't click on a team in the leaderboard to get to their stats. :-(

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,696 battles

Captains, we are excited to announce the introduction of a leaderboard for team battles!

Also: Congratulations to OMNI Flavus for currently being the best team in Europe!

To find out how your team is doing, please make sure you are logged in to the portal:

OKj8UpA.jpg?1

Then open the "Players" tab and select "Team Battles":

bkap4AV.jpg?1

You can then find your team's stats, as well as the link to the leader board below them. If you haven't fought any team battles, you will need to follow the direct link to the leaderboard!

RxNxumH.jpg?1

Love it, thx for that feature! Only thing I'd add is the ability to click on a team and see who's part of that team :)

[WGP2W]
Players
984 posts
10,091 battles

Great addition. Gratz to OMNI as well. Any chances, this portal will receive further updates? I might suggest, if you click on a particular team name in the global ladder, it will redirect to the team's page, where you can see all its members and its more detailed stats.

Another off-topic question. Can a WG employee either confirm or deny, there'll be a possibility in the future for these teams to challenge each other directly? I know, this game is still far away from dying out, but times will come, you'll be waiting in a queue longer periods of time and when it boils down to just a few teams (already seen 1 team leader rage-quit, lol), we might start seeing queue times like in Ranked Battles and here we go again, being punished for even trying to give our time to the game and trying to play it. So, overall, this feature might once again bring a certain new element or new level to it.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,581 posts
12,129 battles

queue longer periods of time and when it boils down to just a few teams

That's an excellent suggestion. We (Imigrants) started to play second team since we had to wait 10+ minutes (with restarting queue few times) for another game around 5500 - 5600 rating. So if we could challenge teams - that would be great. Just add an option to send a challenge, and show the rating of challenging team to the leader of challenged team. 

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

In game search for the chat channel 'Forumites' by Sturmtiger304, the password is 'play4fun'.  Team is made by Loran_Battle and compromises of people from the channel ( who are also quite active on the forums ). 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,696 battles

That's an excellent suggestion. We (Imigrants) started to play second team since we had to wait 10+ minutes (with restarting queue few times) for another game around 5500 - 5600 rating. So if we could challenge teams - that would be great. Just add an option to send a challenge, and show the rating of challenging team to the leader of challenged team. 

We did the same with our Potato team, queue simulator isn't that fun.

[WGP2W]
Players
984 posts
10,091 battles

We did the same with our Potato team, queue simulator isn't that fun.

By the way, does the script try to match teams with similar ratings? Thus for teams with top-notch rating becoming nearly impossible to get an opponent? I think, this was discussed on various streams and the conclusion was, the MM is 100% random as for now?

Another thing might be, WG might argue, if they enable the so called "direct challenge" feature, teams will opt for that and will keep avoiding the queue as much as possible, it having exactly opposite outcome, than intended, however, that could be tweaked, some limitations applied (challenge costing some credits, number of direct challenges limited to X / hour, etc.), I'm very curious, what does this evolve into. I mean, we all know, the clan portal is coming, most likely in the next big patch, which means, we'll have Ranked, Team and then Clan Battles or will this Team Battles thing get transformed directly into the Clan Portal? That'd make probably most sense.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Edited by t3h3th32

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,338 battles

Really cool addition, now lets hope some rewards are introduced as well as giving overall incentives for taking part, like getting flags to begin with.

• Cool 3

Players
1,000 posts

MM works strange in team battles. Teams should fight with opponents in the same range of points, for example: team have 5k points, so MM is searching opponent near ~5k points, after 3-5 minutes MM search in teams with 4-6k points range, and after 7-8 minutes MM search teams in 3-7k points range or something like that. Now MM works like random, for example: team with 5k points get enemy with 3,5k points after 5 seconds in queue. Matching with lower/higher points teams should be possible only AFTER a few minutes for searching team with the same score.

Btw Flamu, have you replay with my Yamato headshot on your Midway? I wanted to record it but I had replayes turned off:(

[UN]
Weekend Tester
849 posts
20,030 battles

By the way, does the script try to match teams with similar ratings? Thus for teams with top-notch rating becoming nearly impossible to get an opponent? I think, this was discussed on various streams and the conclusion was, the MM is 100% random as for now?

I have seen battles between teams who had more than 2000 points difference. So my money is on 'no'.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,696 battles

Another thing might be, WG might argue, if they enable the so called "direct challenge" feature, teams will opt for that and will keep avoiding the queue as much as possible, it having exactly opposite outcome, than intended, however, that could be tweaked, some limitations applied (challenge costing some credits, number of direct challenges limited to X / hour, etc.), I'm very curious, what does this evolve into. I mean, we all know, the clan portal is coming, most likely in the next big patch, which means, we'll have Ranked, Team and then Clan Battles or will this Team Battles thing get transformed directly into the Clan Portal? That'd make probably most sense.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Not really, I think MM is trying to put you against equally ELO'ed teams after certain stages like Alpha League, but with the lack of teams and the system still trying to work out it's hard for MMer to pick good teams. We had 5-10 min queues just to get matched against 3.3k ELO teams. I don't know, but I hope it'll improve.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,154 posts
2,248 battles

Great addition. Gratz to OMNI as well. Any chances, this portal will receive further updates? I might suggest, if you click on a particular team name in the global ladder, it will redirect to the team's page, where you can see all its members and its more detailed stats.

Another off-topic question. Can a WG employee either confirm or deny, there'll be a possibility in the future for these teams to challenge each other directly? I know, this game is still far away from dying out, but times will come, you'll be waiting in a queue longer periods of time and when it boils down to just a few teams (already seen 1 team leader rage-quit, lol), we might start seeing queue times like in Ranked Battles and here we go again, being punished for even trying to give our time to the game and trying to play it. So, overall, this feature might once again bring a certain new element or new level to it.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Unfortunately we cannot comment on unannounced content, but I will definitely forward it as a suggestion, challenges would be cool! :)

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Really cool addition, now lets hope some rewards are introduced as well as giving overall incentives for taking part, like getting flags to begin with.

Without being greedy but this is definitely needed... we've "wasted" so many of them without getting any "reward" out of it besides being the #1

I mean i already said it on TeamSpeak if i could buy 100 detonation signals for 10€ id probably do it... but yeah getting them as a reward would be even better

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Players
984 posts
10,091 battles

Thank you, MrConway, always appreciated, when there's some sort of interaction in between WG people and us, the players. However, direct challenges put aside, I believe, the priority now is to get the rewards fixed, e.g. Kraken Unleashed, First Blood, etc., basically what Flamu said above.

My topic regarding this issue is here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45798-team-battles-what-the-hell-no-medals/

There's simply no justification, why it's missing and if I was a WG dev, I'd go even further, because there really must be a decent intensive for people to get involved in this, e.g. you defeat your enemy without losing any ship = everyone's reward gets doubled (double credits, double XP), you defeat your enemy in less than 10 minutes = 10x speed flags for everyone and this kind of stuff.

If you can forward this in an elegant, yet convincing way, I think, half of us'll worship you till the end of days.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

[UN]
Weekend Tester
849 posts
20,030 battles

Without being greedy but this is definitely needed... we've "wasted" so many of them without getting any "reward" out of it besides being the #1

I mean i already said it on TeamSpeak if i could buy 100 detonation signals for 10€ id probably do it... but yeah getting them as a reward would be even better

How about if the training room rules applied ? No exp, no money, no rep costs, no consumable usage.

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

How about if the training room rules applied ? No exp, no money, no rep costs, no consumable usage.

i dont think that would be good.

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Nah that would be pretty boring and i understand that WG isnt a wellfare company so them earning money on the playerbase is normal. All i ask for is a reward for doing this but the team battles got introduced 2 or 3 weeks ago so it needs some time i guess.

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,275 battles

Great feature! +1

+1 for this.

MrConway, please pass the feedback to bosses.  :)

This is a great game mode and should be promoted much more heavily. Some flags, free cammos, occasional free upgrade,... should definitely be introduced (e.g. for x battles played, x wins...) - no need to be so "cheap" WG :D.

TBH I was very surprised that the mode was launched with basically 0 additional rewards/incentives. As RBs were launched from day 1 with some flags and such for new ranks reached, it is quite difficult to understand what is the strange though process of the WG marketing gurus behind the decisions made for TBs.

Also, some TB specific missions would be a nice incentive as well.

Last but not least, I was clicking for quite some time on "next 25 teams" until the list was exhausted.

The results are:

- 982 teams in total. I guess there are more teams, but it seems that the limit for leaderboards is to have played at least 5 battles

- Lowest ELO is 3.180

- ELO ranges:

16 teams with ELO below 3.500

129 teams with ELO 3500-3750

332 teams with ELO 3750-4000

331 teams with ELO 4000-4250

133 teams with ELO 4250-4500

18 teams with ELO 4500-4750

5 teams with ELO 4750-5000

10 teams with ELO 5000-5250

2 teams with ELO greater than 5250

All in all the ELO distribution seems to be working correctly, despite me missing a team here and there in one or the other range. I am a bit lazy right now to go back and recheck what I missed :)

Last but not least, congrats to scoreboard leaders :medal:

Edited by daki
  • Cool 1