Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Echelon2k

Gun Fire Control System

5 comments in this topic

[10GO]
Beta Tester
132 posts
13,822 battles

This is more of Dev question tbh. So not sure if this is the correct place to post this...

What exactly does it do ?

What i know :

1. The impact area is an ellipse ( oval )
  2. The upgrade says it reduces Horizontal dispersion ( by roughly 7% afaik )

What i don't know :

1. does this really only affect the x-Axis  ( push the impact area to become more of a circle ) or both the the x- and y-axis but with different values?
  2. does it affect both axis in the way that the relative length stays the same ( impact area becomes a smaller ellipse )?

I'm asking because if it were to affect the y-axis in any way it would (for me at least) turn a mediocre upgrade into an extremely powerful one.

Players
340 posts
134 battles

It's technically a 0.93 multiplier to idealRadius, which is probably the horizontal dispersion radius at 30km. It probably doesn't change the minimum dispersion radius, so it would have a much smaller effect at close range.

The vertical dispersion radius is probably a multiplier of the horizontal dispersion radius, so it would be affected proportionally. However, increasing the maximum range may also reduce the vertical dispersion radius slightly.

• Cool 1

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
10,548 battles

It's technically a 0.93 multiplier to idealRadius, which is probably the horizontal dispersion radius at 30km. It probably doesn't change the minimum dispersion radius, so it would have a much smaller effect at close range.

The vertical dispersion radius is probably a multiplier of the horizontal dispersion radius, so it would be affected proportionally. However, increasing the maximum range may also reduce the vertical dispersion radius slightly.

I have read a rather detailed thread about the aim dispersion, and please correct me if I am wrong here:

A 7% decrease in horizontal aim dispersion (the meters value given in the port; means that 50% of all shells land inside that length horizontally) should theoretically lead to about 7% more hits on enemy ships (at ranges >10km and when aimed perfectly).

It would be interesting to test in a training room with two static, parallel Fusos at 20km how many hits you get (out of a 1000+ shells sample; should be a relatively fast test when both fire at each other; 250 shells per Fuso per 10 minutes)

• with and without targeting
  • with and without the module

Players
340 posts
134 battles

I have read a rather detailed thread about the aim dispersion, and please correct me if I am wrong here:

A 7% decrease in horizontal aim dispersion (the meters value given in the port; means that 50% of all shells land inside that length horizontally) should theoretically lead to about 7% more hits on enemy ships (at ranges >10km and when aimed perfectly).

Ok, let's take out some "probably". Best guesses:

1. In the data file it's named as a 7% reduction to idealRadius, which is the maximum dispersion at 30km. Dispersion at lower ranges is an interpolation between minimumRadius and idealRadius, so the effect of the module will be smaller at closer ranges. For IJN, roughly 6% at 20km or 4.5% at 10km.
  2. "Maximum Dispersion" as quoted in the UI is the maximum dispersion radius at maximum range.
  3. Shot dispersion radius is a (capped?) normal distribution. What proportion of shots land within half radius is dependent on the sigma value for that armament.
  4. Because the probability of a shot landing near the centre is higher, the increase in the chance of hitting will be lower than the reduction in the radius. This is especially true when the target is large compared to the maximum radius, which is common for horizontal dispersion.

Feel free to run the test. If it works as I think it does, you'll get an overall benefit closer to 5% than 7%, even at 20km.

• Cool 1

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
10,548 battles

Ok, let's take out some "probably". Best guesses: ...

Thanks a lot for the detailed answers.

This might change my tendency to always equip the accuracy module since I assumed it was always 7% and 20km hits rarely do significant damage.

Sign in to follow this