You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Maston_1

"Are we just Meat ? " Calibration issues

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
14 posts

I could see a fair play with let say 2 X  + 3 IX  + 7 VIII  but for some strange reasons I see more then 90% of Cases the reverse scenario, why? 

eg,

X

X

X

X

IX

IX

IX

IX

IX

VIII

VIII

VIII

why are you trowing 3 cats into a cage of Tigers and Lions?

those cats would have a fairer chance playing:

X (Lion)

IX (Tiger)

IX (Tiger)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)
VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

VIII(cat)

And when I see 98 players within your range than I must really question the " new system" from last update which did mention about a fair calibration.

90 % of the cases I will see myself as plain Meat with 3 tier VIII , and the remaining 9 Ships with Tier X and IX .  How logical and playable is that really?

What is your thought on this one?

My suggestion to the WOW is leave us Tier VIII OUT playing against 8 Tier X and IX and just let us play in a fair game with other Tier VIII and VII

WOW should definitively consider a  reproportion of Tier levels .

eg.    all tier VIII VS tier VII or IX and X etc... they should keep them into 2 tier groups otherwise please be logical and put more lower tier with lower higher tier, does it sound logical to you? unless I'm just meat and should just run as far away as possible cause that's what I'm presently doing, running far far away , the game is not playable , sorry :( get you Act together please and thank you )

signed:    la cage of folles

Edited by Maston_1

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
543 posts
8,644 battles

you aint only one... i got meated by their tiers X Cv... so freaking sad. Also freaking MM should compensate(credits/XP) the lower tiers alot more just to face higher tiers honestly...

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Crusherheads
  • Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Matchmaker has to work with the players it gets. And if he cant get enough tier X and IX ships and he can also place tier VIII there to start the game and shorten waiting times then he will do that.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

I really like being bottom tier. Everything you shoot at is worth loads of XP

Players
74 posts

Especially awesome citadelling a Yamato while sailing my North Carolina :trollface:

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Yes, but you are a good player. (Sorry, I had to check your stats - they are very good) :honoring:

You can use your skills to compensate for the difference in tiers. Average players can't do this so easily.

Huge respect to the good players :honoring: - but this game feels very, very different to those of use who are merely average, compared to players who are very good at it.

Being in a game where most of the other ships are ONE tier higher than me doesn't bother me.  I regard as a challenge. I tackle it enthusiastically.

However, when I see that most of the enemy ships are TWO tiers higher than me then my heart sinks - purely because of actual past experience of how such games tend to turn out.

• Cool 1

Players
1,428 posts

The difference in tiers doesn't matter as much as in (for example) WoT. It just means that you have to adapt your gameplay. It just brings more varity into the gameplay. I don't realy mind to get once in a while a game where I'm the underdog. As said before , you have the posibility to earn a lot more points and credits in a high tier game.

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
543 posts
8,644 battles

THough the diference of tiers for CVs agains CV such a tiers 8 go agains a tiers 10, theres a huge gap diference...compared to other classes.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,419 battles

Every ship in the game has a chance of starting fires.

Every ship in the game is vulnerable to fire.

Torpedoes can do damage to any ship.

The difference in survivability can be painful but any ship can damage another.

It's not like in tanks where some tanks are practically invulnerable to others.