You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Trigger_Happy_Dad

How to win vs 4 Shimakazes in 8 minutes, HaHa! ;)

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Enemy team has 4 Shimakazes on "Land of Fire"?

Don't despair!

Their "hunter instinct" will draw them straight to left and right map edge 'cos they "must torp some stuff!", so the  middle is completly open - just sail through, laugh and cap, gg. ;)

hahaxqs54.jpg

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/1680-Benson-Land-of-Fire-How-to-win-vs-4-Shimakazes-in-8-minutes-Haha-xD

Yea - I would have preferred a victory with more action but if the enemy team plays such a "[edited] the objective, I want to kill ships on map edge!" tactic then it's their fault the game ended like this, not mine. ;)

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 4

Players
349 posts
2,909 battles

Nicely done.

I'll take a no damage cap victory any time. Twice on sundays.

The objective is to win, not to score points.

Players
1,438 posts

:amazed: Wow, the Shima hate thing goes a long way; guess no other ships were on the enemy side? Amazed that so many can have such hate towards one particular thing. To note I did the same thing in my Tier V Minekaze and there were no Shimas in that game; go figure.

I hear that it was the Shima class that also convinced WG to sell premium bundles.:honoring:

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

:amazed: Wow, the Shima hate thing goes a long way; guess no other ships were on the enemy side? Amazed that so many can have such hate towards one particular thing. To note I did the same thing in my Tier V Minekaze and there were no Shimas in that game; go figure.

I hear that it was the Shima class that also convinced WG to sell premium bundles.:honoring:

Lots of players are scared by "torpedo walls" from invisible Shimas, and this is just a funny example of what happens when 4 Shimakazes ignore the middle and go hunting on map edge.

No idea where you see the "hate" here. ;)

Players
1,438 posts

Apologies the:

"How to win vs 4 Shimakazes in 8 minutes, HaHa! ;) " and the "but if the enemy team plays such a "[edited] the objective, I want to kill ships on map edge!" tactic then it's their fault the game ended like this, not mine. ;)".

Had me thinking you were talking about Shima's or the people who captain them in a negative way; my mistake.:)

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

I'm amazed any of them went to the 9/10 lines. Most of my teams on this map go full yolo to the 1/2 lines ( even those that spawned in I8 & I9 ) and then start spamming the map when it's too late to get back and defend the base.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

I meant the whole enemy team, if all just go left and right to map edge...in a tier X game = tier I tatics. ;)

you dont see that kind of thing on t1 :)

[CATS]
Players
14,752 posts
10,885 battles

No surprise here, see that in most of my games on that map.

When I tell my teamates we have to defend the base, most of them look at me funny.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Beta Tester
69 posts

I'm sure the foremost thought running through the shima players was not been found by those Khabarovsk's which considering you were in a Benson & effectivly scouting for the 2 Khab's ,had a shima been in the middle it would in all likelihood not have ended well for the shima.

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,163 battles

Well done, Trigger.

As I like saying in some matches' chats: "higher tier =/= higher skill" (for many people in this game) :)

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

I quite often attempt push with a DD through the middle after about five minutes have passed.  Much of the time I'm trying to attack the enemy from an unsuspected angle.  This can be surprisingly lucrative if you get through and find an AFK BB (why are the AFKers always BBs?).

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,744 battles

I played in a game the other night where our team had 1x Montana, 2 x Yamato (me and other Yamato were forumites) and 1x Izumo Vs 1 x Yamato and 3x Amagi.  Sounds horrible for their team right?  Well, not so much as on the DD front they got 3x Shima + 1x Kagero and we got 1x Shima and I think 2x tier 8 DDs.

So this sets up a fairly odd game (and one that I was fearful about winning) on islands of ice with us having a small presence near C but them owning most of the central ocean and us being stuck around the A/B mountains.  Torp walls everywhere - I think I have a good screenshot of Wolf being on the wrong end of one which I'll dig out when I get home.

Our shima went to A and held it against 2 Amagis, one which I sank and 1 which they sank before heading back towards B.  I think I might have stolen the kill on their Yamato (other people did most of the damage) but still things looked bleak for us.

I then proceeded to kill in fairly quick succession all 3 enemy Shimas:trollface: in my Yamato (earning kraken unleashed) with their last shima and our Ibuki dying almost at the same time.

This left a half dead Atago at 1 side of an iceberg and a half dead me at the other side of it (we are talking about 10km away).  I was feeling confident about us making an epic comeback until the 10 seconds to round end timer kicked in and they won having held B and C for too much of the game:(  It was a bit soul crushing to work so hard and then lose when we had clawed it back to us having the upper hand - their Atago came either 9th or 10th on their team just to rub it in - it looked like the soul thing he achieved was not dying and he only went behind the iceberg because I had hit him quite heavily 2 mins earlier before the shima carnage started:amazed:

Still, as far as losses go that was one of the most tense/fun ones:honoring:

EDIT:

It wasn't wolf... it was me:

wows_083.jpg

Edited by ilhilh