Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkybuckFlying

How do captain skills (and modules) apply to planes ?

12 comments in this topic

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

Hello,

How do captain skills (and modules, see below) apply to planes for carrier mostly ? Though same questions could also be asked for planes of other types of ships.

Especially captain skills:

1. Basic Fire Training under Secondary Armament. Does this apply to plane/fighters/bombers guns as well ? Will it make planes do more damage to other planes ? It says it applies to main guns, does this take plane's main guns into consideration ? It says +10% AA, are fighter planes also considered AA ?

2. Advanced Fire Training under Secondary Armament. Basically same question as above. Do fighter planes get additional range too, how about rear gunners for bombers do they get +20% AA defense ?

3. Concealment Expert, should planes also get a little bit of concealment bonus ?

4. Last chance, does this also increase reloading time of planes ? In the icon is a plane visible, so I would assume yes ?

5. Vigilance, would planes detect torpedoes sooner ?

6. Torpedo acceleration ? I assume this works for torpedo planes as I well, I think I tested this by putting captain in reserve... and the answer was yes.

7. Should situation awareness also apply to planes being detected by ships ?

8.  Does expert marksman (faster turning of main and secondary guns) also apply to perhaps turning of plane guns ? Odd question perhaps but gonna ask it anyway.

(Not sure if it applies to secondary guns as well btw).

9. One last good question: does expert marksman buff carrier defense guns/AA guns ? I asked this before and I think the answer was no, since it works differently... but this would be a bit odd. Perhaps it should also give a little AA buff, or perhaps not.. might give too much AA bufs ;)

Going to discuss (carrier) modules next:

1. Air Groups Modification 1, does this also buff the effectiveness of rear gunners for bombers ? And not just fighters ?

2. What is the difference between AA guns ? And secondary guns ? Aren't these the same guns ? So these modifications are the same ?:

AA guns Modification 1: 20% survivability

Secondary Battery Modification 1: 20% survivability

3. Same question for Modification 2: AA guns versus Secondary.

I believe secondary and AA guns are the same... cause when clicking on them they seem to navigate with camera to the same guns ???

(slight spoiler, though won't reveal it's function, though name kinda already implies it :)):

4.  Target Acquisition System Modification 1: Does this apply to planes as well ?

Bye,

Skybuck.

Edited by SkybuckFlying

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles

The skills that affect planes are listed under planes or the description explicitly explains that.

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

Most of the skills have no effect on planes, as far as I know only the dedicated aircraft skills, demolition expert and the torpedo skills have any effect at all on aircraft. Similarly with modules, only the ones that mention aircraft in the descriptions actually do anything with aircraft.

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,557 battles

Hello,

How do captain skills (and modules, see below) apply to planes for carrier mostly ? Though same questions could also be asked for planes of other types of ships.

Especially captain skills:

1. Basic Fire Training under Secondary Armament. Does this apply to plane/fighters/bombers guns as well ? Will it make planes do more damage to other planes ? It says it applies to main guns, does this take plane's main guns into consideration ? It says +10% AA, are fighter planes also considered AA ?

2. Advanced Fire Training under Secondary Armament. Basically same question as above. Do fighter planes get additional range too, how about rear gunners for bombers do they get +20% AA defense ?

3. Concealment Expert, should planes also get a little bit of concealment bonus ?

4. Last chance, does this also increase reloading time of planes ? In the icon is a plane visible, so I would assume yes ?

5. Vigilance, would planes detect torpedoes sooner ?

6. Torpedo acceleration ? I assume this works for torpedo planes as I well, I think I tested this by putting captain in reserve... and the answer was yes.

7. Should situation awareness also apply to planes being detected by ships ?

8.  Does expert marksman (faster turning of main and secondary guns) also apply to perhaps turning of plane guns ? Odd question perhaps but gonna ask it anyway.

(Not sure if it applies to secondary guns as well btw).

9. One last good question: does expert marksman buff carrier defense guns/AA guns ? I asked this before and I think the answer was no, since it works differently... but this would be a bit odd. Perhaps it should also give a little AA buff, or perhaps not.. might give too much AA bufs ;)

Going to discuss (carrier) modules next:

1. Air Groups Modification 1, does this also buff the effectiveness of rear gunners for bombers ? And not just fighters ?

2. What is the difference between AA guns ? And secondary guns ? Aren't these the same guns ? So these modifications are the same ?:

AA guns Modification 1: 20% survivability

Secondary Battery Modification 1: 20% survivability

3. Same question for Modification 2: AA guns versus Secondary.

I believe secondary and AA guns are the same... cause when clicking on them they seem to navigate with camera to the same guns ???

(slight spoiler, though won't reveal it's function, though name kinda already implies it :)):

4.  Target Acquisition System Modification 1: Does this apply to planes as well ?

Bye,

Skybuck.

Only the skills that say they affect planes, affect planes - its all in the description. Use your brain.

[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles

and the difference between AA guns and secondary guns should also be obvious enough with a little brain work - if in doubt look at your ship's artillery and AA and see which guns appear where

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

and the difference between AA guns and secondary guns should also be obvious enough with a little brain work - if in doubt look at your ship's artillery and AA and see which guns appear where

You have obviously never taken the time to do that yourself. Otherwise you would know that the artillery guns on an aircraft carrier are the same guns which are also listed under AA defense. Further more the guns under artillery are listed as "secondary armament" hence my question !

[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles

You have obviously never taken the time to do that yourself. Otherwise you would know that the artillery guns on an aircraft carrier are the same guns which are also listed under AA defense. Further more the guns under artillery are listed as "secondary armament" hence my question !

and you, apparently, fail to grasp basic game concepts. Your secondary artillery is affected by all skills relevant to it. So is your AA. They are independent of each other. That some guns are shared between the two doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on that. Mainly because AA works as a passive aura, that recieves the buffs applicable to it, while secondary artillery is actually fired and the individual shells tracked by the game - so there's no conflict, even if guns appear in both categories. Heck, on many of the later DDs the main battery doubles as AA - that's what Dual Purpose guns do. When it comes to the survivability modules (does anyone use those two on anything anyway?), it's pretty much what I said above - everything that appears under AA gets buffed by that, and same for secondaries. For Dual Purpose guns (most often 127mm on USN and IJN), both would indeed do the same for those specific gun mounts, but affect everything else that appears in the respective category as well, which doesn't overlap.

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

Depends on how aura is calculated. Obviously it needs to take into consideration gun ranges. Since secondary guns can be range-buffed it might affect the aura calculation. So the question isn't as weird as you make it seem to be.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Depends on how aura is calculated. Obviously it needs to take into consideration gun ranges. Since secondary guns can be range-buffed it might affect the aura calculation. So the question isn't as weird as you make it seem to be.

No, as the guy you quoted explained. The AA part and the gun part are 2 seperate abilities that are only tied together in the stats list. The AA guns arent actually shooting themselves. And your secondaries arent shooting at air either. It is just an AA aura attributed to them. They don't even need to be on the correct side of the ship in order to damage planes.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,062 posts
17,308 battles

. They don't even need to be on the correct side of the ship in order to damage planes.

Yes, they have to be on dry side of the hull.
  • Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,566 battles

Yes, they have to be on dry side of the hull.

they also need to be on the outside. Many crew complaints about the inward facing secondary guns

Sign in to follow this