Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Astalano

HAX: Accused of cheating

29 comments in this topic

Players
66 posts
881 battles

Okay, so I'm in my more or less new Nagato, top tier, and I've changed heading to defend one of our caps and help out a cruiser. I've done some long range work in the middle but I got some decent hits on cruisers and BBs. The left flank and the cap zone in the center are being threatened, so I change course to go West. 

I run headfirst into a DD. I anticipate the likely torpedo vectors and change course rapidly, keeping at least two turrets on the DD. I load HE and charge at him, although he doesn't seem to fire torpedos. Before I can destroy him, he disappears behind an island, having taken significant damage, with torpedo armament damaged and only around 10% HP left, but meanwhile another DD has shown up behind me and started chasing me. Again, I vary my angles, going as fast as possible, trying to prevent the DD from closing too fast and also avoid any torpedo attack. I avoid the first one, but then it's time for the other DD to reappear behind the island, so I again start varying my approach in anticipation of another torpedo attack, which doesn't come. The DD in front pops smoke but then gets finished by a friendly cruiser. Meanwhile the DD behind is just seeing red, he launches another torpedo strike, but my two rear turrets have been working all the time and I finally put him down and narrowly miss two torpedos out of a huge spread.

Of course, I'm a bit relieved after facing off against two DDs and not taking a single torpedo hit, but of course, I have to facepalm once I get accused of 'hacking'. I guess I must have a hack that lets me see where torpedos are or a hack that makes DD drivers stupid. 

"report Astalano, he is a hacker"

"5 people have reported you"

Of course, I was lucky that game, with good citadel hits at long range and lucky with torpedo avoidance, but I hate it that when BB drivers don't immediately get destroyed by DDs at close range that it's somehow 'magic' now, something totally impossible under normal game rules.

Do you have any stories of being accused of 'hacking' in WOWS?

• Cool 1

[S0F]
Beta Tester
163 posts
6,402 battles

I think the better you are as a player the more you get accused of hacking/cheating, I've only been accused of cheating once when I detonated a cruiser in my BB so I can't be a very good player ;)

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

Five people gave you the highest appreciative award n00bs can hand out, the 'N00bel Prize'.

I think an acceptance speech is in order.

Edited by Aotearas
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
139 posts
3,403 battles

I once shot an enemy Nagato with my NC and took of over 30k hp (2 cits), he then instantly called me a hacker... when you are full on broadside against a BB at 10km you should expect to take a Cit.

A friendly nagato did the same to an enemy NC and he started accusing him of hacking too... looked at his stats. >1000 games played and the highest average damage he had was 28k in the nagato..... for comparison, i have 50% more in a t4 arkensas beta.... and more then double that in the NC. He was a terrible player and he accuses people of hacking for giving him citadels.

Instead of whining hacker etc these guys should learn to play.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

I once shot an enemy Nagato with my NC and took of over 30k hp (2 cits), he then instantly called me a hacker... when you are full on broadside against a BB at 10km you should expect to take a Cit.

A friendly nagato did the same to an enemy NC and he started accusing him of hacking too... looked at his stats. >1000 games played and the highest average damage he had was 28k in the nagato..... for comparison, i have 50% more in a t4 arkensas beta.... and more then double that in the NC. He was a terrible player and he accuses people of hacking for giving him citadels.

Instead of whining hacker etc these guys should learn to play.

Everyone who's worse than me is a n00b.

Everyone who's better than me has no life.

Everyone who's killed me is a cheater.

That island wasn't on that map before.

Lag!

It's the way of MMO.

Edited by Aotearas
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,319 battles

Well I just see it as an achievement: "Called a hacker".

Been a few times, only one I can remember offhand was me in a fuso shooting at a kongo 20km away. I got a citadel on him. It was mostly luck, but he was just sailing in a straight line at max speed, so yeah. He instantly started accusing me of hacking :popcorn:.

Then I citadelled him 2 more times (a little later on), when he was closer. After he died he was trying to get my own team to report me for using aimbot. It was kinda hillarious.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

hack that makes DD drivers stupid.

WTB.

Although some of them make using it redundant.

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Oh yes. Get accused of hax now and again. I don't use mods period, totally vanilla here, so it makes it funny when people call hax on me. What can you say, you can't prove it that your not using hax so all I do is have a good old chuckle to myself.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

a hack that makes DD drivers stupid.

Once had already low HP Minekaze sailing in parallel course to gunship DD at 6km showing broadside.

Two salvoes later he went submarine.

And of course cause of that was hack, not his major stupidity in assuming not to get fast executed by gunship.

There are always noobs who call the person who killed them. This is nothing new in wows.

Which makes it really amazing why WG has in the first place allowed in game reporting of enemy player who sinked you.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
430 posts

I've got a funny one, from around one month ago. It was not mine, but a team mate's. This guy in global chat starts writing stuff along the lines of "Report XXX player, he's cheating. A Cleveland can't shoot at 17km". A lot of players simply replied with a "lol" luckily, but he probably still got some. 

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Everyone who's worse than me is a n00b.

Everyone who's better than me has no life.

Everyone who's killed me is a cheater.

That island wasn't on that map before.

Lag!

It's the way of MMO.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

[SV2]
Beta Tester
234 posts
1,819 battles

I got one: I did a 4 cittadel hit in my torpitz on a hindenburg at 21 km rang. He went from full health to 10 k. He was pretty pissed at me and called me a hacker. :D

Players
1,008 posts

I got accused of cheating once. I was in my Nikolai, and I was trying to finish off a Cruiser, cant remember specifically which one, but an island got in our way. As I was coming around the other end of the island, not hugging the coast though, a Konigsberg from the other team came the other way and headed for safety behind the island. As half of the island had quite low terrain, I took a chance and fired one turret, and hit. He wasn’t happy. The moral of the story is, if you are going to hide behind an island to get away from a battleship:-

1. Make it a really tall island
  2. Hug the coast.

I thought it was dead funny personally. :teethhappy:

Players
671 posts

Yep, by a really salty Carrier player. 

I defended the cap from a DD and a St. Louis in my Kongo. Dodged the torpedoes from the DD and sank him before he could reload, I was in the middle of fighting the St. Louis and had to break off to start zig zagging to avoid the CV's dive bombers, before dodging the incoming torpedo bombers by turning into the spread before cutting across the St. Lois' bow and catching him with a full broadside as he was turning.

The Carrier player got incredibly salty and asked what mod was I using, then claimed Hax, telling everyone to report me... I may have started to wind him up at this point as he'd sailed into the map boarder in his Carrier, apparently he took a video replay of my cheating to report me, I'm still waiting. 

Players
62 posts
5,366 battles

There is one question that for some strange reason never seems to come up in these kind of threads:

Are there actually any cheats/hacks possible? I mean, i know of aim mod etc. But are there any proof that the kind of super cheats some of us gets accused of actually exists? Just played a game in which a team mate was accused of having a cheat that made all his hits damage the enemy engine, and having the shells hitting him just bounce of. I mean, what kind of next level "hacking" would that even require?

EDIT: Next game i'm just gonna open chat and type in "noclip" and head straight towards an island. That will be fun :)

Edited by slipzen
  • Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

There is one question that for some strange reason never seems to come up in these kind of threads:

Are there actually any cheats/hacks possible? I mean, i know of aim mod etc. But are there any proof that the kind of super cheats some of us gets accused of actually exists? Just played a game in which a team mate was accused of having a cheat that made all his hits damage the enemy engine, and having the shells hitting him just bounce of. I mean, what kind of next level "hacking" would that even require?

EDIT: Next game i'm just gonna open chat and type in "noclip" and head straight towards an island. That will be fun :)

Very good point. And as far as I know the answer is a resounding: NO. Which makes all "haaaxxxxx!111!" all the more sad and pathetic.

Love your idea. I'm going to type "IDDQD" and just yolo.

Players
671 posts

Not as far as I know, If there's a hack to improve the Roon's appalling 12 second rudder shift I'd like to know. Apparently I have one installed based on how I could turn in the Kongo.  

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

You could always just enter "[devconsole]godmode enable=1[/devconsole]" in global chat and wait for the reactions.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,411 battles

Many times, but the one that made me chuckle recently...

Nikolai... Moving to defend cap, happened to be reloaded when I speed a full health phoenix sitting completely still at max range broadside on.

No other targets viable for a good 15 seconds so totally worth the shot.

Obliterated him in one volley to extreme saltiness.

[edited] trying to peekaboo around islands deserve to get obliterated.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
1,008 posts

Many times, but the one that made me chuckle recently...

Nikolai... Moving to defend cap, happened to be reloaded when I speed a full health phoenix sitting completely still at max range broadside on.

No other targets viable for a good 15 seconds so totally worth the shot.

Obliterated him in one volley to extreme saltiness.

[edited] trying to peekaboo around islands deserve to get obliterated.

Its not rocket science is it. If there is a Nikolai on the other side and your in a cruiser, keep your eyes peeled. But it happens so many times, some idiot not moving, or sitting behind an island thinking they are immune.
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,861 battles

I quite regularly see DDs whining about hacks when people know where they generally are on the map even though they have not been spotted for a while. Guess they have no idea that some people have good memories for last positions and others have minimap mods that show last position...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,319 battles

You could always just enter "[devconsole]godmode enable=1[/devconsole]" in global chat and wait for the reactions.

Oh god, we should do this in a division... :trollface: