Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

Fletcher - foghunter build with TAS?

7 comments in this topic

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles

I'm soon going to unlock Flecher, and have a few questions to players that already have it.

Benson is a beast, and I don't even have t5 camo skill yet. Concealment is non-issue most of the times, but I certainly see the benefits of having it.

With Flecher, I will have the points to get the t5 camo skill (especially with the 25k exp event ^^). Has anyone tried playing it with TAS instead of Concealment upgrade, being compensated by the t5 camo skill?

My favorite gameplay is chasing DDs and smoke firing. TAS will help in both cases. I already have Vigilance, so it would be a nice synergy to dodging torps in smoke.

I am not a big fan of stealth firing at long range, but it is still possible without Concealment upgrade. Upcoming radar may change that.

Any thoughts?

[G0LD]
[G0LD]
Alpha Tester
1,462 posts
4,626 battles

For me its way to long... as with US DD´s almost standard. The Longer the Enemy Target is away, the longer your Shells are at almost orbital Bombardment Velocity to the Enemy.. 12-16Seks.  Much can change in 10-20seks.

In my Case i avoid TAS for US DD´s entirly..

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

For me its way to long... as with US DD´s almost standard. The Longer the Enemy Target is away, the longer your Shells are at almost orbital Bombardment Velocity to the Enemy.. 12-16Seks.  Much can change in 10-20seks.

In my Case i avoid TAS for US DD´s entirly..

TAS = Target Aquisition upgrade

You're talking about AFT (Advanced Firetraining) I guess?

[G0LD]
[G0LD]
Alpha Tester
1,462 posts
4,626 battles

Yes, looks like...

But anyway   spotting targets further away then you can shoot.. maybe good but IMHO worthless for me

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles

Vincinzerei, the spotting of TAS is for ships in fog/behind cover within 3km, for torpedoes +20%, and extends the view range a lot (which is nothing special, but helps to know who is where). It is in a slot shared with 10% camo bonus, this is what this topic is about :)

Players
1,428 posts

I play the Flether quite often. It has already a good agility. So dodging torpedoes is not realy problem. Even in smoke on a 1 KM range it isn't a big problem if you are carefull. I don't even play with vigilance.

Playing with TAS seems to me a wait of the slot. With all camo you can reduce your detection range to 5.8 KM.

The bigest problem with the flether are CA's. My low detection range saves my life very often. Keep also in mind that without it , it is easier for some DD's to avoid you.

With the above arguments I didn't include the future Radar consumable. This can change gameplay. However I think that it will not have a big influence. Please note that the curent information about radar isn't final. It might change.  

Sign in to follow this