Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
slipzen

People getting offended when you decline their help.

9 comments in this topic

Players
62 posts
5,366 battles

Ok, with over 2000 games played i've seen it all when it comes to stupid/insane/bizarre behavior. And yes, i know that the forum is littered with rants about them. But the one i really cant wrap my head around is why some people get super offended when you as a carrier reject their help.

Just finished a game with a no-fighter Ranger. When i informed the team that i didnt have any fighters (just to let them know that i wouldnt be able to offer AA-support) a cleveland offered to protect me. Since ships camping at a CV is almost always a really bad decision i declined, since he could help the team a lot more in actual fighting (and killing the planes long before they get close to me).

What happened then? The moron actually started giving away my position to the enemy in chat. Not just once but everytime i moved they got an update. And i've seen similar behavior before. People that reacted to "dont waste your time protecting me" as some kind of personal insult.

Sorry, i know i'm ranting. But seriously, what the hell is up with that?

P.S. No surprise the guy has a 44% win rate with 1600 games played. It seems as though some people actually put in an effort to be bad players.

Edited by slipzen

Beta Tester
1,972 posts
2,146 battles

What's that line from the Rawhide theme, now? "Don't try to understand them - just rope, throw and brand them."

I hope you and the other players - from both teams - reported him. We must keep trying for a better world, even online.

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
5,366 battles

What's that line from the Rawhide theme, now? "Don't try to understand them - just rope, throw and brand them."

I hope you and the other players - from both teams - reported him. We must keep trying for a better world, even online.

I know he got reports from atleast me and one other at my team. But it's more the psychology behind it that i'm interested in. I cant really fathom how a simple "dont help me" can be interpreted as a big insult. EDIT: Or more to the point i guess: How you can be so insulted by this that you value your personal vendetta higher than actually winning the game. In my 2300 something games, i've only once been pissed enough not to care about win/lose, and that was when someone on my team actually shot me for not following his commands.
Edited by slipzen

Beta Tester
847 posts

I would never rage at people actually talking to me in chat. Getting response and know what the allied player wants is something awesome in this game. ^^

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,411 battles

I know he got reports from atleast me and one other at my team. But it's more the psychology behind it that i'm interested in. I cant really fathom how a simple "dont help me" can be interpreted as a big insult. EDIT: Or more to the point i guess: How you can be so insulted by this that you value your personal vendetta higher than actually winning the game. In my 2300 something games, i've only once been pissed enough not to care about win/lose, and that was when someone on my team actually shot me for not following his commands.

On a completely unrelated note isn't it interesting that friendly aa doesn't work against your planes? ;-)

Joke

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,672 posts
8,724 battles

Why you no want teampley ratard? Am Clevland, must camp near yuo. Am support. Have 44% for not allow to camp near you. Rapport to enemy!

On a serious note, there will be no satisfying answer to your questions. I searched many times myself but came to the conclusion that we cannot comprehend the ways of the potatoes.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,292 battles

Hmm, kinda reminds me of this game on the fiery fire whateverthehell map. The whole team went to the 7 line except for a lone Yorck.

So I typed in chat something along the lines of "Hey Yorck, FYI, you are alone at your flank, be carefull".

I even then added "just a suggestion".

Rest of the match he was raging at me in chat... Wut.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,411 battles

Hmm, kinda reminds me of this game on the fiery fire whateverthehell map. The whole team went to the 7 line except for a lone Yorck.

So I typed in chat something along the lines of "Hey Yorck, FYI, you are alone at your flank, be carefull".

I even then added "just a suggestion".

Rest of the match he was raging at me in chat... Wut.

You clearly made him go there alone.

But to be fair, everyone rages at you :-)

[HAWKS]
Players
12 posts
13,415 battles

But it's more the psychology behind it that i'm interested in. I cant really fathom how a simple "dont help me" can be interpreted as a big insult. EDIT: Or more to the point i guess: How you can be so insulted by this that you value your personal vendetta higher than actually winning the game.

Either he had a really bad day and didn't need much to blow up or maybe he is a case of being a judgemental person. Such traits and under performing stats goes hand in hand it seems.

Sign in to follow this