Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Is Hipper broken since last patch?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

Everyone says Hipper is such a great ship, i have it fully upgraded and i try and use AP for 90% off the time since its the ammo that deals the Alfadamage. Now i dont seem to be able to get a citidel to save my life? And im shooting att fully broadside Yorck, Pensacolas, Mogamis and Myokos?! And i get 1 citidel out off 30 perferctly aimed and angles citidelshots? Should i instead aim for the top off the smokestack or the antennas or something? Whats the trick here?

I can get a citidel in those ships with my Russ DD, damn i even get cits with my Murmansk on those ships and that is 3 tier below the Hipper?

And then we have that bugged 3rd turret that doeasnt fire 70% off the time.

Please someone help here ?

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

The Hipper seems to be fine, i had no trouble citadelling even NoCars and Iowas from close range.

And at closer ranges, cruisers are usually dead with two salvos.

Of course, sometimes RNG screws it up, but usually i don't have issues.

The third turret as in the turret right after the smoke stacks? That's odd, as i have trouble with the second turret, which wont fire at certain angles.

Which is quite cumbersome as it requires me to show more of my broadside then i usually like to.

It's ok in one on one situations as you can time your firing and turn when the other guy/ girl has fired.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,979 posts
6,118 battles

Probably aiming to high.  You have the same Problems like BB . You Just overpen. Shots must hit the Waterline and below.  

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

Must be RNGusus that hates me then  because many off those shots land exact on the waterline, midships at 90-95 angle and i get like 910 damage?! And then sometimes i shot a cruiser directly from the front into his bow and i get a citidel, so go figure?!

It just seem to be very unreliable, so many off the times now i just try and start fire with those underpowered HE shots.

I got no problem at all to citidel the [edited]out off anyone in my Atago and they have the same firepower and caliber guns, but the Hipper should have better damageoutput and penetration with its AP then Atago does, but it doesnt!

Edited by collin_mats

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
543 posts
8,677 battles

Somestimes when we try to be more precise, its backfires at us...if u know what i mean.

[-RT-]
Players
299 posts
18,896 battles

Agree on the 3rd turret bug. I experienced it several times. It is unable to shoot - orange...,its bad angle, ok, i get it, so I turn the ship and the turret still refuses to shoot. Even at full broadside 90 ° to the enemy. Last time I started moving cursor and ship all around and after a while it is fixed.....but it is weird bug for sure...

[TCNF]
Beta Tester
343 posts
6,341 battles

its a great ship, but its AP penetration is garbage, yes they deal a lot of damage, but thats only if they penetrate, which they fail to do most of the time and only do spalling damage, i scored 4-6k hits many time, that in my myoko, would've been utter destruction with 4 or more citadels.

also you cant bring your full DPM to bear, since one of the turrets is unable to fire at medium or close range, which is extremely frustrating since you have so few guns 

Players
340 posts
134 battles

its a great ship, but its AP penetration is garbage, yes they deal a lot of damage, but thats only if they penetrate, which they fail to do most of the time and only do spalling damage, i scored 4-6k hits many time, that in my myoko, would've been utter destruction with 4 or more citadels.

There is no spalling damage. AP shells that don't penetrate do nothing at all. Low-damage AP hits are overpenetrating, hence too much penetration rather than too little.

The Hipper's AP is the same as the Hindenberg's, which is pretty strong at tier 8. Overpenetrating cruiser citadels is quite possible when they're close & broadside, especially on weaker cruisers like the Pensacola.

Sign in to follow this