Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DukeY89

Compensation for TK

4 comments in this topic

[404]
Beta Tester
3 posts
1,949 battles

I'd like to know what everyone else's thoughts are on this?

the compensation for being teamkilled is a bit sucky in my opinion. if your sunk by an ally they should be more of a punishment. financially it should pretty much ruin that game for them especially if they don't apologise. may be an apology and apology accept system could be brought in. punishment being harsher if defendent doesn't make an sincere enough apology or the victim of the TK still feels the TK'er was an idiot for dropping the torps on him.

my biggest bug bear is that whilst i get financially compensated myself for the repair cost. i loose the flags i mounted on my ship. flags that are sometimes difficult to obtain in the first place.

it happens to us all, especially the DD players but one side inevitably ends up a player short and often a defeat. 

i'm not gonna lie this post comes off the back of being sunk 2 games in a row by bad team mates dropping torps on me so i'am a little salty.

both cases there were no warnings from my allies to avoid them, and the second time a half arsed sry sry. both times they were at the start of the battle. and i was platooned with a friend and had to wait till the battle had finished so i lost 40mins or so of game time tonight, not great when i'am trying to limit my play hours. 

the replays of those two battles. if anyones interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50Jovp1anUQdlZuRm56TmNYS2s/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50Jovp1anUQQzB5S0paRzFLR1k/view?usp=sharing

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

I've seen a game where they had a punish/forgive system. Basically when you are on the receiving end of a team kill you get a popup saying 'punish or forgive'?

If you select 'punish' the offender gets a tk mark against him counting up to a kick or a ban. If you select 'forgive' the offender will get a notification he has been forgiven and has to be more careful and he won't get a strike or any other penalties, he was forgiven after all. This system is also wide open for accidental tks being punished as well just because the 'victim' wants to grief and no amount of apology can change his/her mind.

I do like the idea of the system and could be implemented in WoWS as well. On top of that I think that during the scorescreen there should be a thumbs up and down behind everybodies name to get the karma system to work and so people get to know it actually exists.

But even if forgiven a tk victim should be compensated for the amount of team damage has been received and also allow the tk offender go into negatve credits. A victim should always be compensated. But never be allowed to profit from it.

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles

I've seen a game where they had a punish/forgive system. Basically when you are on the receiving end of a team kill you get a popup saying 'punish or forgive'?

If you select 'punish' the offender gets a tk mark against him counting up to a kick or a ban. If you select 'forgive' the offender will get a notification he has been forgiven and has to be more careful and he won't get a strike or any other penalties, he was forgiven after all. This system is also wide open for accidental tks being punished as well just because the 'victim' wants to grief and no amount of apology can change his/her mind.

I do like the idea of the system and could be implemented in WoWS as well. On top of that I think that during the scorescreen there should be a thumbs up and down behind everybodies name to get the karma system to work and so people get to know it actually exists.

But even if forgiven a tk victim should be compensated for the amount of team damage has been received and also allow the tk offender go into negatve credits. A victim should always be compensated. But never be allowed to profit from it.

Well TBH I really think "accidental" team killers should get a warning AND pay the full cost of the victims repairs, just as real TK's. The money is no question, there's no other fair way about it. As to warning, IMO if you launch torpedoes in a way that a team mate is in any kind of risk of getting hit, any "accident" is on you. The only exception from this is if you clearly communicate that you are about to torp and get consent from those in the risk area. There's no such thing as "sailing into someone's torpedoes, not moving aside as excpected etc. You can't know what every player will do and you can't excpect people to be vigilant for friendly torps as well as everything the enemy will throw at her, how the battle is evolving, figuring out what to do next, survive the current encounter and so on. And, if it is indeed unintentional, well the a warning is no big deal since you should' get another and may be more careful in the future.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Well TBH I really think "accidental" team killers should get a warning AND pay the full cost of the victims repairs, just as real TK's. The money is no question, there's no other fair way about it. As to warning, IMO if you launch torpedoes in a way that a team mate is in any kind of risk of getting hit, any "accident" is on you. The only exception from this is if you clearly communicate that you are about to torp and get consent from those in the risk area. There's no such thing as "sailing into someone's torpedoes, not moving aside as excpected etc. You can't know what every player will do and you can't excpect people to be vigilant for friendly torps as well as everything the enemy will throw at her, how the battle is evolving, figuring out what to do next, survive the current encounter and so on. And, if it is indeed unintentional, well the a warning is no big deal since you should' get another and may be more careful in the future.

Sure they happen. You could've totally misjudged someone intentions. Thinking someone would retreat from a BB, you launch torps, the BB turns around and the cruiser charges, right into your torps.

But I've seen people complain that their secondary guns teamkilled a friendly. They get punished for that... Is that fair? Or should that be forgiven?

Sign in to follow this