You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheFlyingScot

Submarine spotted

8 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
6,846 battles

Looks like subs might be making an appearance into WoWS, if you look in the top right you'll see a sub has appeared for the Japanese/ARP thing, although the actual model doesn't look quite right some how :unsure:

shot-16.03.02_23.26.18-0938.jpg

Edited by TheFlyingScot

[WGP2W]
Players
984 posts
10,091 battles

Looks like subs might be making an appearance into WoWS, if you look in the top right you'll see a sub has appeared for the Japanese/ARP thing, although the actual model doesn't look quite right some how :unsure:

Well, obviously and if not in World of Warships, then in World of Warships 2. There's way too much millions of USD to be made on new content, I don't see any possibility for WG managers passing on this opportunity.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

[-TWA-]
Supertester
239 posts
8,756 battles

Well Submarines probably wont ever exit in this game (I believe the Developers confirmed that somewhere).

At the same time they said Torpedo boats would make it into the game, and already are more or less.

The current possibilities: 

1) the I-401 will be an ship used by Staff for Events (or as NPC).

2) the I-401 could appear as a Torpedo Boat (basically no guns, 98-100 Concealment and only Torpedoes as an armament).

The I-401 was spotted multiple times, also in previous version in the tech tree, so you can conclude that they are working on it right now. So its space holder is made it somehow into the current version. I assume they are planning an Event for it next month, similar to the current APR Events.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Mods don't always show actual content.

It might just be there for some event / promotional thing. 

I for one hope subs won't ever come to WoWs, no submarine has EVER taken part in combined fleet actions so it's a> not realistic. And submerged subs are very slow so it would be b> totally boring. And people are already complaining about stealth torping DD's, so adding hidden submarines would c> cause all hell to break lose. Did I already say submarine gameplay would be incredibly boring for the one playing, and incredibly frustrating to the one's playing against them? You would need to add actual destroyers, you know not the torpedo boat's we have now, but actual submarine hunters, and this would upset the meta enourmously causing all kind of rebalancing and turmoil. No, please, keep those out of the game. 

I hear this other naval warfare game, which claims to be the 'daddy' of wows since it was made earlier.., has subs. Go to their forum and read up about how people like them. Or, dl and play a few games, I bet you'll be back really soon and will never ask for submarines in World Of Warships ever again. 

• Cool 1

Players
387 posts
2,834 battles

I think in 5-7 years from now when they have released all nations and trees IF the game is still alive they will really think about it.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

1st April boys :P Also look at its tier ^^ It will be totally something for the 1st April

Doubt it, so far it looks like April Fools will be Habakkuk related

KVsBwZE.png