Sign in to follow this  
Kevbar

Arky Beta slot 6!

7 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

Hi chaps & chappesses, as the title implies I'm wondering about the usefulness of Equipment slot 6 for the Arky Beta.

Now I know many peeps don't like this BB but personally I do, therefore, please don't waste your time and mine by discussing its merits or lack thereof (I don't mean to sound rude, just want some info; nothing more :)) . Furthermore, I have a lot of credits available at the mo and just want to know the opinions of fellow Arky B owners that have either already filled or are contemplating slot 6 to see whether there is any benefit in doing so before I splash out (:fishpalm:). (The other 5 are already filled btw).

Concealment System Mod 1:-

Reduces ship detectability range

-10% to detectability

Target Acquisition System Mod 1:-

Increases maximum acquisition range:

+50% to range of assured acquisition of enemy ships
          +20% to maximum acquisition (spotting) range (for both ships and torpedoes)

The spotting mechanics ignore line-of-sight obstacles, such as islands, when within a small distance from an enemy. That's the "assured acquisition" range.

CSM 1: I can see that there is always some benefit to being spotted at a shorter range but looks like this is of very little benefit to the Arky B.

TASM 1: I think I understand pretty much what this does, but is it any good? Has anyone got it? Is there any comparable data to see?

I have searched for info on this topic but there is very little advice, especially regarding equipping TASM1 on the Arky B.  Any help appreciated, thanks shipmates!!:B

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,300 battles

I would head over to the NA WOWs forum.  There is some good info over there about setups for the Ark Beta.  I also have one and will be revisiting the skills and modules on it.  Good luck..:)

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,064 posts
17,316 battles

No, you will allways be spotted by the destroyers, so get Target Acq.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

When TASM was only an increase in the range the ships are rendered, it was not really worth it.

Fortunately, I didn't buy the concealment upgrade neither (I considered 2M credits was too expensive for a minor benefit in a BB), so when TASM was changed to also give better torpedo detection I could mount it without burning a lot of credits. I think it's a much better option now.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

Echoing everyone else it is the Target Acquisition modules you want.  The other is pointless (particularly given your lack of range!)

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

When TASM was only an increase in the range the ships are rendered, it was not really worth it.

Fortunately, I didn't buy the concealment upgrade neither (I considered 2M credits was too expensive for a minor benefit in a BB), so when TASM was changed to also give better torpedo detection I could mount it without burning a lot of credits. I think it's a much better option now.

Thanks guys for your replies. I had read that the TASM was not really worth the expense but am now assuming that most of the 'meh!' comments were pre-buff, (as JapLance mentions above). I'll have a look to see when this was as I wasn't aware of it.

I do quite like the firepower of the Arky B, especially when delivering some nice AP to German cruisers; citadels galore! Coupled with a daily win in the Albany (which I also liked (even pre range buff)) my US BB Captain is getting some nice XP. :playing:

Edit:- TASM bought and mounted; if it goes t1ts-up, I'll blame you guys :P Can't find which patch updated TASM, so if anyone knows...

Edited by Kevbar

Sign in to follow this