Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarDaddie

Tier 6 battleship in a battle against only tier 7 and above ships

13 comments in this topic

[5ALTY]
Players
4 posts
3,743 battles

So I have a question about how the new mm works. I have taken my Warspite out for a battle as well as my New mexico. Both tier 6 battleships and since the last update I have not found myself against anything other then tier 7 and 8 battleships. Yeah there will be another tier 6 on the enemy team. 

I know that the time I come on to play can play a part in this and that I should expect to end up against tier 8 ships but it is a bit of a joke when it is ever game. So in my last battle in the Warspite. I selected and clicked battle expecting to once again be against higher tier ships. So the battle loads and I find myself on a team with two other tier 6 ships. Then I look at the enemy team to see the only tier 6 ship they have is a carrier.

So if someone can explain how the mm is actually working as I have to be honest I have not got a clue any more.

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

Bad luck basically. You always have the chance to be in +2 MM (Except the lower tiers where they do limit to +1). It can be... irritating at times but it doesn't make you useless. Some ships survive better in +2 MM, but any ship can damage another thanks to a combination of HE and equal armour values (Armour only works when angled, so anything broadside is easy damage).

[10GO]
Players
360 posts
9,560 battles

yeah i know the feeling it aint fun to face of against a yamato while beeing torped by 3 shimakzes in an amagi

[5ALTY]
Players
4 posts
3,743 battles

Bad luck basically. You always have the chance to be in +2 MM (Except the lower tiers where they do limit to +1). It can be... irritating at times but it doesn't make you useless. Some ships survive better in +2 MM, but any ship can damage another thanks to a combination of HE and equal armour values (Armour only works when angled, so anything broadside is easy damage).

Well could be but according to there post about what tiers to expect to be against is incorrect. I took my tier 4 Arkansas Beta out for a battle I was against tier 6. When looking at the post they did the worst I should of seen is tier 5. I could be wrong they may of updated it since then. I have just not seen anything about it other then the ships will be matched against the same ship where possible.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

MM has been much derpier than usual these last days for me.

Maybe it's the ARP missions that cause more people to play the higher tiers slightly skewing the numbers in their favour and the other people simply end up as bottom tier more often.

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

Well could be but according to there post about what tiers to expect to be against is incorrect. I took my tier 4 Arkansas Beta out for a battle I was against tier 6. When looking at the post they did the worst I should of seen is tier 5. I could be wrong they may of updated it since then. I have just not seen anything about it other then the ships will be matched against the same ship where possible.

If you have that screenshot, that'd be great because you are right; Arkansas should be limited to +1 (Unless in a division with a ship that can get matched against tier 6).

[5ALTY]
Players
4 posts
3,743 battles

If you have that screenshot, that'd be great because you are right; Arkansas should be limited to +1 (Unless in a division with a ship that can get matched against tier 6).

I really wish I did have the screen shot for that. I wish i had taken the screen shot now. It was awhile ago so it might they have corrected it and i was by myself in the game.

Beta Tester
69 posts

The silver lining to this is that you get a point multiplier for the damage you deal to ships which are a higher tier than you. Best thing to do is sit close behind a fellow tier 8 battleship. He'll take up most of the flak, whilst you get some cheeky shots out from behind. 

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,661 battles

After the MM ''hot fix'' the only thing i noticed is that i get all the f noobs and loose 90% of all the battles no matter the tier, no matter the time. MM selects the very best and all games are lost some 10 to 2 ships with me mostly beying in top 5 even of fokused and nuked down first in 2 minutes. Every day 1 win comes to 5+ loses, and you can loose 10 in a row then win 1 and then again it goes to some 4+ and you win 1-2 battles. Very fun. Oh, and regarding the tier difference, 7 tier 10 ships vs 1-2 is prettyu normal after the fix so dont be surprised if you play a tier 1 and get into a tier 10 battle. WG knows how to screw things up and will continue doing so.

Players
388 posts
5,358 battles

i get all the f noobs and loose 90% of all the battles

Says the underperforming player that rather spends FXP than improving his skills...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,391 posts
7,746 battles

yeah i know the feeling it aint fun to face of against a yamato while beeing torped by 3 shimakzes in an amagi

Yep, this happens all than time if you play early in the day. It is ideal to play Amagi only in the evenings to get T8 macthes, or otherwise you are always with tier tens... and you don't even have range to fight against Yamatos... and going close is suicide..

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

Agreed. They said they ll fix the MM in this patch, but it s worse than before.

Edited by 22cm

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

I as well have the feeling that especially Battleships suffer from the new MM. 

While the concept in generally is great it has somehow wrong priorities. While it tries to evenly match DDs and Cruisers the Battleships seem to be expected from that rule someone.

The best MM priority was so far the carrier rule. Makes absolute sense and was very good. No someone can only wonder why the next level was NOT battleships but cruisers and DDs?

In my opinion the most important point would be to have equal battleships in team, than the DDs and than the cruisers. Should not be a problem at all if he priorities are set correctly.

I see in nearly every battle so far, especially in mid tier that the battleships are not contributed of the same tier in the teams which is a big handicap for the other team.

And no, i'am not talking about times where the MM has no other choices like late night or early morning.

Sign in to follow this