You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jammin411

WoWReplays.com March Contests

54 comments in this topic

Players
197 posts
555 battles

March Atago Contest

Last month's Atago giveaway was incredibly successful.  We saw over 1200 replays uploaded from nearly 400 individual users which far exceeded my goals for the promotion.  This month, I am going to do more of the same.  

Contest #1

Upload any replay in the month of March to WoWReplays.com 

The replay does not have to contain battle results or have any additional information included. It does not even have to be a good replay, just a replay that you are comfortable sharing with our rapidly growing community.  Each person who uploads will receive 1 entry only, so upload 1 or 20, everyone gets an equal chance and only one entry per unique user.  The winner will be randomly chosen from all participants on April 1st, 2016.  No it's not an April fools joke. :)

Reward

The winner will receive a free Atago in their port!

About the Atago:

The Atago is the first Tier 8 premium ship released for World of Warships and replaced the Kitakami at the end of the Closed Beta. It features powerful 203mm cannons, mounted in 5 double turrets, that can put the hurt into any cruiser and some battleships. The Atago has quite a low detection range in comparison to its firing range, allowing it to begin the engagement and put itself in a good position to put out damage whilst remaining hidden. It has fairly decent torpedoes as well with a range of 10km, however it has to get surface detected in most cases to shoot them (a skilled player could remain undetected). It does however have its drawbacks, with what feels to be quite large citadel hitboxes due to it's large bridge/boiler area as well as a terrible rate of fire and turret traverse speed.

How do I enable Replays?

No problem, Click Here to learn how.  I understand if you are not comfortable doing this yourself so if you would like for me to make the changes simply email me your preferences.xml file to Justin@Jammin411.com.  I will make the small changes and email the file back to you as soon as possible.  Trust me though, it's not as complicated as it seems. :)

Learn More about this contest

Visit WoWReplays.com

Contest #2

Create a 15 Second Video Introduction

For those of you who have some video editing skills, I have a secondary contest running this month as well.  I am in need of an over-the-top, bad-A, 15 second introduction that I will use at the beginning of every video I do.  Sadly, my current one looks like a PowerPoint intro. The only requirements I have is that it says WoWReplays at some point in the video and it must be WoWs themed.  IE:  Guns firing, ships sinking, etc.  I'm really open to most anything as long as it is wows related.  Lastly, it should not exceed 15 seconds in length.  Keep them short and to the point. I will not choose this winner, the community will.  All entries will be accepted and then we will have the community vote on their favorites.  

How do I Enter?

Create your introduction and upload it to a video sharing service like Youtube.com and then post your video as a reply to this thread.  At the end of the month I will collect all videos and post them into their own thread along with a Poll for our community to vote on their favorite.  After two weeks of voting I will reward the video with the most votes. 

Reward

The winner will receive $100 in any type of WoWs premiums tore items.  You choose how to spend it and I'll buy it for you!

Additional Details

If you do not have the ability to upload your video to a site like Youtube.com please email it to me at Justin@Jammin411.com.  I will upload it to my youtube account and share it on your behalf.  

Any questions over any of this please feel free to email me or post below.  I'll be monitoring this thread throughout the month.

• Cool 5

[KRAKN]
Beta Tester
100 posts
7,160 battles

hello jammin411. how are you today? i wanna ask you about the last month who is the winner.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

hello jammin411. how are you today? i wanna ask you about the last month who is the winner.

Hello Elladaris.  19MrLove86 won the February drawing.  

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

By the way, the player statistics don't work out. No idea what database you pull them out from but they seem to be simply outdated as the numbers don't match up.

My own player stats for example say 642 games played by the time I had uploaded the replay. Yet I have more than 800 games played by then. First I thought it only counted games played solo as I had started playing a lot in divisions but that number doesn't add up too.

Might want to look that up.

... and the game I uploaded is alos nice to look at :hiding:

Edited by Aotearas

Players
197 posts
555 battles

By the way, the player statistics don't work out. No idea what database you pull them out from but they seem to be simply outdated as the numbers don't match up.

My own player stats for example say 642 games played by the time I had uploaded the replay. Yet I have more than 800 games played by then. First I thought it only counted games played solo as I had started playing a lot in divisions but that number doesn't add up too.

Might want to look that up.

... and the game I uploaded is alos nice to look at :hiding:

So I only pull in PvP stats and I exclude any draws so that could be where the difference comes in.  Additionally, I do not update stats that often on the site due to the load it puts on the server and the amount of stats that I need to tumble through.  When the replay is first uploaded though it does reach out and update any players involved in that battle unless I already have stats for them.  My guess is it's the difference between the number of draws and the number of PvP games as PvE is not included.  I'll look into it more though to ensure I am getting proper values back when I query the WG API though. :)

Players
17 posts
7,038 battles

Nice, there is now a replay website that i can share my games on, this means that i will have less replay file clogging up my computer. :teethhappy:

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Nice, there is now a replay website that i can share my games on, this means that i will have less replay file clogging up my computer. :teethhappy:

Glad you finally found it.  :)  Hope you enjoy and feel free to upload everything you have!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

So I only pull in PvP stats and I exclude any draws so that could be where the difference comes in.  Additionally, I do not update stats that often on the site due to the load it puts on the server and the amount of stats that I need to tumble through.  When the replay is first uploaded though it does reach out and update any players involved in that battle unless I already have stats for them.  My guess is it's the difference between the number of draws and the number of PvP games as PvE is not included.  I'll look into it more though to ensure I am getting proper values back when I query the WG API though. :)

Even discounting PvE (which is only 10 games total), it wouldn't add up. Discounting the games I played in the two days since, I have ~800 PvP games played, contrasted to the 642 the stats on WoWReplays show. No Ranked or TB games.

I'd guess the stats weren't updated since the first time I uploaded a replay, because that would sound about right (first upload was 28.2.'16). That should narrow down the possibilities wheh you look at it :look:

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Even discounting PvE (which is only 10 games total), it wouldn't add up. Discounting the games I played in the two days since, I have ~800 PvP games played, contrasted to the 642 the stats on WoWReplays show. No Ranked or TB games.

I'd guess the stats weren't updated since the first time I uploaded a replay, because that would sound about right (first upload was 28.2.'16). That should narrow down the possibilities wheh you look at it :look:

Yeah, that makes sense.  Once I have your stats they are only updated once per month due to limitations with my server and the WG API.  I can only make so many calls per hour and right now that's pretty close to the limits with just new updates.  I am working on a better system that will allow these to be updated more frequently, but right now they are only updated monthly.  I'll have to check in Ranked and TB games are included in that number, I'm not sure off hand.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

When you realize that you could have got that ship for free and you bought it 2 weeks ago... :sceptic:

Haha, no worries, if you win we'll figure something else out.  Another ship or doubloons or something like that. :)