Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Roktaal

WoWs needs a TK ban

11 comments in this topic

[-EXS-]
Players
33 posts
1,799 battles

After 3 days of being absent from game for personal reasons I finally find some free time to play and what happens? I get team killed at the start of the match because I was in a CV. The idiot continues to play like nothing happened attacking more friendlies afterwards without being punished. To make things worse, I can't even report him in any way.
So to resume...this game needs a TK ban. Not some bs where you get marked pink and you pay damage and damage yourself but a proper ban. One day for the first TK and then 5, 10 and then a life ban.

Edited by Roktaal

Beta Tester
447 posts
844 battles

How do you know, that he wasn't banned? TK ban doesn't always happen immediately... and a one time rampage won't be enough... but if he keeps doing it several times, he will be banned.

Beta Tester
847 posts

I assume he did not even turn pink ? That is going on for a while now. I won't recommend anything, but after my last encounter with a TK and seeing how the system gives a [edited], I will personally shoot TKers next time. 

[-EXS-]
Players
33 posts
1,799 battles

He should have been banned immediately imho. It's not that hard to program a tk punishment system...If player tk team member then ban

Beta Tester
447 posts
844 battles

He should have been banned immediately imho. It's not that hard to program a tk punishment system...If player tk team member then ban

There is exactly such a system, but it has quite a high tolerance (higher than in WoT for example) because accidental teamdamage can be quite high (especially with torps)... one unfortunate torpedo salvo or a stupid teammate that turns into your shells or torps might get you banned.

But afaik WoWS has an additional feature which reflects the damage done to teammates onto the own ship... so teamkillers kill themselves eventually.

[-EXS-]
Players
33 posts
1,799 battles

There is exactly such a system, but it has quite a high tolerance (higher than in WoT for example) because accidental teamdamage can be quite high (especially with torps)... one unfortunate torpedo salvo or a stupid teammate that turns into your shells or torps might get you banned.

But afaik WoWS has an additional feature which reflects the damage done to teammates onto the own ship... so teamkillers kill themselves eventually.

I know all that but he didn't even turned pink yet he continued attacking friendlies meaning that the system is terrible or not working. All the team damage was happening at the start of the battle so it can't be accidental. Really frustrating.

Players
749 posts
9,071 battles

saw a BB turn pink last week.

he shelled one cruiser from spawn then half sunk another and turned pink. he continued to shell the first cruiser after fragging the first but was a shoite shot outside of point blank so dont know if he would have gotten any reflected damage.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,785 posts
15,980 battles

On the subject of TK punishment: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/31444-some-interesting-info-from-ru/page__st__1200__pid__889784#entry889784

Q. At low tiers, there are many people shooting at friendly ships. Will you change the current punishment system for firing on friendlies?

A. I have already explained that the current system for fighting against players not following rules, in our opinion,  needs to be improved and adapted to the new realities of the game. We have some ideas on the matter. As soon as we are ready, we'll share them with you and hear your ideas. At the moment, it's too soon.

In brief, we're considering the following options:

• toughen the rules regarding the accumulation of "bad reputation".
  • progressive ban in TB/RankedB - PvP - PvE modes
  • lower damage inflicted to teammates by intentional teamkillers and trolls - up to "scrape a friendly ship, get blown up".
  • tune compensation so that it better covers repair costs.

Players
671 posts

I know all that but he didn't even turned pink yet he continued attacking friendlies meaning that the system is terrible or not working. All the team damage was happening at the start of the battle so it can't be accidental. Really frustrating.

Well it's not surprising, it's not immediate I believe, I think it's only after the match does that take place. I've had that kind of encounter only once, I turned hard to avoid incoming BB shells the Gearing hit my broadside, it happens sometimes, rarely do I get people getting pissy nor do I get angry and start swearing in chat, most of the time people say sorry or just ignore it and that's that. The Gearing decided to start shooting me, it wasn't accidental, set my CA on fire and I lost around 10k hp, I didn't want to use my repair in case I got hit with enemy He shells. He started bitching on the chat about looking where I was going, so I opened up on him at point blank range and sank him. 

Team killing is a [edited]move, but some people really ask for it. I also didn't get highlighted pink, probably because I went on to sink a Zao, so there might have to be consistent team killing to turn pink, not just one off accidentals or because someone is behaving like a [edited]and get's sunk. 

Players
3,998 posts
7,552 battles

Well it's not surprising, it's not immediate I believe, I think it's only after the match does that take place. I've had that kind of encounter only once, I turned hard to avoid incoming BB shells the Gearing hit my broadside, it happens sometimes, rarely do I get people getting pissy nor do I get angry and start swearing in chat, most of the time people say sorry or just ignore it and that's that. The Gearing decided to start shooting me, it wasn't accidental, set my CA on fire and I lost around 10k hp, I didn't want to use my repair in case I got hit with enemy He shells. He started bitching on the chat about looking where I was going, so I opened up on him at point blank range and sank him.

Team killing is a [edited]move, but some people really ask for it. I also didn't get highlighted pink, probably because I went on to sink a Zao, so there might have to be consistent team killing to turn pink, not just one off accidentals or because someone is behaving like a [edited]and get's sunk.

I'm pretty sure it is immediate, I had a friendly BB turn pink when he decided to take a few shots at me even though he didn't do much damage.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,148 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics