Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chaosrealm93

DD T2 captain perk (torp armament vs last stand)

15 comments in this topic

Players
444 posts
6,400 battles

Hey all,

As the title says, which captain perk would be best for mid tier DDs (US and JPN)?

I think last stand is a little more important, but in the end both are invaluable. Am i right?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

US:  Last Stand >>> Torp reload. I would  even take the turret rotation skill over torpedo reload if I'm honest. Torpedos become more than a Self Defense / Yolo Weapon at Tier 7 onwards.

IJN: Depends on your playstyle. If you go full ninja in every game and your main goal is to stay unspotted : Torpedo reload

If you play more aggressive to be a first line ship : Last Stand

Edited by LilJumpa
  • Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles

Last Stand is nice, but I took Turret Traverse with US and Torpedo Reload with IJN.

I get last stand later.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Weekend Tester
212 posts
11,860 battles

Yep. Last stand is better imo (you can get the torp skills after the 5th skill or in higher tier you have the upgrade to reload torps faster).

Players
444 posts
6,400 battles

US:  Last Stand >>> Torp reload. I would  even take the turret rotation skill over torpedo reload if I'm honest. Torpedos become more than a Self Defense / Yolo Weapon at Tier 7 onwards.

id say the cutoff is above the mahan

mahan has good torps (9.2) and its above the surface dect range. also it reloads fairly quickly for how many torps it has

the benson on hte other hand........... almost pure gunboat

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,688 posts
5,569 battles

I'd have Last stand for US, since they'll be firing a lot and thus more likely to be spotted. IJN tend to remain hidden, so I prefer torp reload. Last stand is only handy if you fire (and become spotted), or are bad at remaining hidden

Beta Tester
299 posts
3,337 battles

Last stand all the way.

IMO, there are few things more frustrating than drifting without rudder or engine (or both) until your repair is off cooldown.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

Always Last Stand no matter what nation. Gering killed by geting crited 2 times in 10 sek isnt worth the faster reaload. Take that as skill 17.

Players
444 posts
6,400 battles

Always Last Stand no matter what nation. Gering killed by geting crited 2 times in 10 sek isnt worth the faster reaload. Take that as skill 17.

ayyyyyy  fellow kongou desu!~

Players
3,608 posts
7,323 battles

Torpedo armament saves you at most 12 seconds from a 2 minute reload, unless your game consists purely of 15km torpedo spam it isn't worth it IMO and last stand is a must.

Expert marksman is worth considering for IJN DD since it has a huge effect on their turret rotation speed, USN turrets move fast enough already.

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

Last Stand is nice, but I took Turret Traverse with US

Why expert marksman on USN DDs? The turrets already turn quickly:amazed:

Last stand is better to pick up as your first level 2, torpedo armament expertise can be gotten as a second later.

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

last stand is a must for every nation. while theoretically stealth ijn is better with faster torp reload, you can be spotted rather often if you actually want to hit smth. if you fire your torps from max range then torpedo reload is better...

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Last Stand is nice, but I took Turret Traverse with US and Torpedo Reload with IJN.

USN DDs have always way fastest turret traverse per tier and already Nicholas has quite good traverse speed.

Clemson could get decent benefit from it, but with Nicholas "return on investment" would be rather small.

Always Last Stand no matter what nation.

Never used that in Gremlin and haven't had much of problems.

I wonder what I'm doing wrong...:P

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Never used that in Gremlin and haven't had much of problems.

I wonder what I'm doing wrong...:P

Presumably a very comfortable stealth fire zone :B

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Presumably a very comfortable stealth fire zone :B

I admit I've few times finished DDs from stealth firing range, like this Minekaze who few minutes earlier barely escaped from me and turned under that misaimed (first) salvo:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwqd03b3j2ofsr6/AACziIPOFnBbO2Ye6M7dlVrGa?dl=0

(I wonder if that's the longest range DD gun hit to Minekaze)

But usually I have to myself spot them first, which tends to happen by itself when being first in flank.

Also can't citadel cruisers from stealth firing range...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mopr30opd7mcp32/Omaha%20Citadelled.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1parmmlfw53ql0k/Kuma%20Citadelled.jpg?dl=0

Though for perfect angle Kuma it is possible.

Must be that enemies usually don't get much of chances to shoot at me at ranges where engine/rudder problem would be "prompt critical"...

Usually they're going submarine fast or are more concerned about getting out of Dodge.:trollface:

And I always have preplanned escape for use with smoke.

If you aren't planning possible scenarios for at least 30s ahead you're not paying attention to game.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this