Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_x_Acheron_x_

WG's newest trick, killing you when you're not actually dead.

22 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Well, your trolling finally caught up with you, it seems WG is trolling you now. :P

• Cool 4

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

You are too good at this game Acheron and need to be nerfed.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,653 battles

Probably just some trolling from WG - nothing to see, move along! :trollface:

On a serious note, this incident reminds me on something I saw on the German forums - a guy was also sunk although he still had HP left ( Versenkt obwohl noch HP ?! ), what strikes me however is the thing both cases have in common.

Both seem to get sunk while at 0.5% of their total HP. Either it's a coincidence that it's 0.5% in both cases, or a bug which triggers with these circumstances. :hmm:

Players
30 posts
7,677 battles

Had that over the last few nights as well, around the same amount of hit points left as well. Not every game, maybe 1-2 out of about 20 odd games. I was as good as dead anyways. :( 

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

Yeah, umm, no. 

There has been a topic about this already, and unless I'm mistaken you got killed while your damage repair ability was active, and that is exactly the amount of HP you regenerate in one server tick. Now the fact that you have that amount of HP on your HP bar and you're actually dead is due to the clientside adding that tick before recieving the instructions from the server that you're actually a submarine.

• Cool 8

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

it is visual bug. you had repair activated, someone killed you and repair refreshed after that in few miliseconds.

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,653 battles

well, the fella from the German forums stated that he wasn't using the repair party while getting sunk, so either he delivered false testimony or the repair party + latency is not the actual problem

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
10,686 battles

In any case this is a legitimate Critical Bug if its server or client side does not matter if I as a user see that I still have HP left I should be able to still use my ship period. I don't care if its a sync problem or a coding bug this should not happen ever.

And yes I am myself a developer and that's how UAC's works WG so please deal with it.

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Granted it seems very wrong. But do you really have to make a troll topic about that right away? Maybe sending a ticket first could be much more constructive. I really wonder why a lot of people immediately take the most heavy possible steps to ventilate if something goes wrong, immediately presuming this is faul play of the other party whithout even giving them a chance to correct a failure. And by doing thus damaging them a lot. I know this from my own exp in my work and frankly it's making me sick to the stomach: do you even have the slightest notion you are talking to fellow human beings who can make mistakes even doing their utmost best to give everybody a good time with their product and trying to make a living out of that? Or is it just your intention to do as much hurt as possible to other people? Why not give them a chance to correct an error before you start flaming, insulting and creating unrest in a publically open forum??

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

Granted it seems very wrong. But do you really have to make a troll topic about that right away? Maybe sending a ticket first could be much more constructive. I really wonder why a lot of people immediately take the most heavy possible steps to ventilate if something goes wrong, immediately presuming this is faul play of the other party whithout even giving them a chance to correct a failure. And by doing thus damaging them a lot. I know this from my own exp in my work and frankly it's making me sick to the stomach: do you even have the slightest notion you are talking to fellow human beings who can make mistakes even doing their utmost best to give everybody a good time with their product and trying to make a living out of that? Or is it just your intention to do as much hurt as possible to other people? Why not give them a chance to correct an error before you start flaming, insulting and creating unrest in a publically open forum??

Things like this are interesting. Besides what else to use forum for? BB buff DD nerf threads?

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

In any case this is a legitimate Critical Bug if its server or client side does not matter if I as a user see that I still have HP left I should be able to still use my ship period. I don't care if its a sync problem or a coding bug this should not happen ever.

And yes I am myself a developer and that's how UAC's works WG so please deal with it.

Im an IT architect and I can say the amount of work to ensure this *never* happens vs. The value of such work doesn't make sense to do it. 

Some things are client side some are sever. Slight de sync will happen. If you like WG could code "server says you're dead, reset HP display to 0". Of course that would lead to some other perceived bug no doubt. 

Basically the HP displayed is always likely to get out of sync with the number the server thinks you have by a small amount. Is it really that much of an issue? It's funny :D 

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,416 battles

Actually had similar thing happen last night...  In Udaloi got [edited] by Izumo secondaries went from 16000 HP to dead in 20 seconds.... Not a problem I think, bit stupid being that close to Izumo in 1st place.... Looked at damage received at end of battle 9 AP hits for 9000 damage exactly... But no other damage taken... Where did the other 7000 HP go?

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[1UP]
Alpha Tester, Players
675 posts
888 battles

View Post_x_Acheron_x_, on 02 March 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

176hp left? Nah, sorry, we're just gonna sink you anyway.

Yeah, umm, no. 

There has been a topic about this already, and unless I'm mistaken you got killed while your damage repair ability was active, and that is exactly the amount of HP you regenerate in one server tick. Now the fact that you have that amount of HP on your HP bar and you're actually dead is due to the clientside adding that tick before recieving the instructions from the server that you're actually a submarine.

Will keep an eye out for any further incidents like this. I guess the most helpful/interesting situation would be if the issue happens to a ship that doesn't have access to the repair crew ability.

Players
453 posts

View Postpiritskenyer, on 02 March 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

View Post_x_Acheron_x_, on 02 March 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yeah, umm, no. 

Will keep an eye out for any further incidents like this. I guess the most helpful/interesting situation would be if the issue happens to a ship that doesn't have access to the repair crew ability.

Ectar, I can confirm it's happened to me as well on the Ibuki, IIRC. I am guessing what's happening from a game engine perspective is that a damage tick brings down hitpoints to zero, fires off a death event for the victim, then in the same game logic tick a hitpoint regen restores some hitpoints back. Which leads to the inconsistence of a dead ship with more than zero hitpoints.

Players
52 posts
1,973 battles

I don't know what you are developing, but being a software engineer myself suggests that your developing skills got nothing to do with coding...

What you describe is NOT what a UAC is for...

If the server tells you your ship is dead, it's dead. The server does all the calculations after all. If what the user sees would be the final verdict, they could simply install a cheat that prevents them from every getting below 1...

It's definitely confusing, but it's not a game breaking bug and it occurs very rarely... hence it's a low priority issue.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles

Because you are too good, master.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

If the server tells you your ship is dead, it's dead. The server does all the calculations after all. If what the user sees would be the final verdict, they could simply install a cheat that prevents them from every getting below 1...

It's definitely confusing, but it's not a game breaking bug and it occurs very rarely... hence it's a low priority issue.

Server does the calculations but it's client which does all the visual stuff you see.

And with obviously at least some delay in server's decision making and data transfer client could occasionally visualize one extra tick of heal.

Sign in to follow this