Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eternus_Damnatio

Premium shop

19 comments in this topic

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

So after all the fuss about bundle only ships we have at last had a couple of ships available as ship+slot a big step in the right direction.

However we still only have the same 5 ships that are permanently available in the store which is a big minus.

Please WG just add all prem ships to the store and in game for purchase it would add so much more variety to the game.

You would make your player base happy and we would have no more of this limited time nonsense where people rush by a ship then flood a tier with it.

Not to mention long term income would surely be higher.

• Cool 10

Players
77 posts
13,895 battles

totally agree m8 but then they dont listen 2 the players  eh;) f anime [edited]is there but no brits navy eh  op russian fantasy crap...etc etc...

Edited by Schneewolf

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,531 battles

Almost all premium ships were available in the weeks before christmas, although in bundles.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

So after all the fuss about bundle only ships we have at last had a couple of ships available as ship+slot a big step in the right direction.

However we still only have the same 5 ships that are permanently available in the store which is a big minus.

Please WG just add all prem ships to the store and in game for purchase it would add so much more variety to the game.

You would make your player base happy and we would have no more of this limited time nonsense where people rush by a ship then flood a tier with it.

Not to mention long term income would surely be higher.

In one of the latest Q&A they state that they WON'T bring back Warspite and Tirpitz for sales anytime soon again, because last time they sold badly. I assume that would be also true in case of every other premium ship.

So they basically think in opposite direction than you and me:

- Ships sell worse, so introducing them to permanent ingame offer would certainly make some doubloons flow. Probably less than the initial offers, but then again they have to smoke some bad crap if they think the first Tirpitz hype will ever return.

But they went:

- Ships sell worse, so they withhold them and try to create even more hype. Which is actually consistent with normal WG methods, as it is aimed at newer players.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

In one of the latest Q&A they state that they WON'T bring back Warspite and Tirpitz for sales anytime soon again, because last time they sold badly. I assume that would be also true in case of every other premium ship.

- Ships sell worse, so introducing them to permanent ingame offer would certainly make some doubloons flow. Probably less than the initial offers, but then again they have to smoke some bad crap if they think the first Tirpitz hype will ever return.

But they went:

- Ships sell worse, so they withhold them and try to create even more hype. Which is actually consistent with normal WG methods, as it is aimed at newer players.

I wonder how much better those premium ships would sell if they weren't bundled with all the needless fluff. And generally the pricing was inflated: the Tirpitz bundle was 60€ ... I can get a complete AAA game for that. Supposing all the doubloons/premium fluff accounted for 20€ in that bundle that's still 40€ just for a single ship.

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

I wonder how much better those premium ships would sell if they weren't bundled with all the needless fluff. And generally the pricing was inflated: the Tirpitz bundle was 60€ ... I can get a complete AAA game for that. Supposing all the doubloons/premium fluff accounted for 20€ in that bundle that's still 40€ just for a single ship.

The bundles are a non issue now as long as they keep releasing with and without the added extras.

I just find it very sad that we have had the same ships in the shop for such a long time even though so many more have been released.

But they went:

Not sure where WG get their logic ships will always sell more on release than any other time.

Now if a ship is left in the store all the people that would have bought the limited time offer will still buy the ship.

Plus extra sales from people that already bought other premiums and wanted something else to add. 

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

I've always been puzzled by WG's marketing, I just don't get why you would spend money creating a product to not sell it. I don't buy that making a ship "exclusive" does anything for sales, In fact I would say that many people in my experience are very turned off by artificial hype. If a ship is in danger of upsetting game balance by being permanently on sale then more thought needs to be given to it's balance in the design stage.

• Cool 4

[WGP2W]
Players
984 posts
10,091 battles

It's all about building the hype around a product or these so called: *rare ships*. Creates an illusion that you're buying an exclusive and powerful content, while if having those ships available permanently, might diminish the content value in somebody's eyes.

Thus their marketing strategy is based upon creating this insane demand, then throwing it there for like a week or two, cash in and then cut the people off, boiling them for a bunch of months and then ensuring even bigger surge of new cash grab. Gotta trust those guys, they have their money income very thoroughly worked out.

I'm not saying, it's good or bad, while looking forward to get my hands on Kutuzov, no matter how much I despise 0.5.3, but the expression on BB straight-liner captains will be certainly priceless, when they realize: "Yay, we got rid of Mogami, oh wait a second, we didn't, damn it."

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

I'm not saying, it's good or bad, while looking forward to get my hands on Kutuzov, no matter how much I despise 0.5.3, but the expression on BB straight-liner captains will be certainly priceless, when they realize: "Yay, we got rid of Mogami, oh wait a second, we didn't, damn it."

:teethhappy:

. . .  or in other words, "No we didn't get rid of Mogami. We just renamed it to 'Mikhail Kutuzov', but now you have to buy it in the premium ship instead of getting it for free"

• Cool 1

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

It's all about building the hype around a product or these so called: *rare ships*. Creates an illusion that you're buying an exclusive and powerful content, while if having those ships available permanently, might diminish the content value in somebody's eyes.

Thus their marketing strategy is based upon creating this insane demand, then throwing it there for like a week or two, cash in and then cut the people off, boiling them for a bunch of months and then ensuring even bigger surge of new cash grab. Gotta trust those guys, they have their money income very thoroughly worked out.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

The fact is the same people would buy the same ships and more so in using the current scheme I would think they actually lose out. As there would be many who can't get it at that time but would do as soon as they could.

Myself if I like a ship I will buy it WarGaming making me wait because I have a life outside my PC is just bad business sense.

I may have a hard month or social events to attend life does not revolve around a game. And by making ships limited time you just make me resent WarGaming as a company.

And as I have said by adding the ships to the store more variety in game makes for better matches.   

Players
671 posts

But they went:

Thing is, that they insisted on bundling them with doubloons, premium time and in doing so hugely inflating the price. I'm happy to drop money on a ship I'd really enjoy like the Tirpitz, but for the price they were asking? Nope, not a chance in hell.

It's like the permanent Camo for the Hipper and other ships, would players spend money on it? Certainly. Would they for 3000 doubloons? Not a [edited]chance. They could put permanent camo with no bonus for a very cheap price in doubloons a couple of pounds equivalent and at least a portion of the player base would buy them, simply for the looks, but they don't.

This is the problem that I see, WG is over pricing their product to the point where players will refuse to buy it, treating  part of the player base like a cash cow annoys them, they can hype it all they want, but if they price things so high only a tiny fraction will buy the premium ships, then it simply defeats their own marketing  and pisses everyone off.

Edited by BillydSquid
  • Cool 3

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles

Also, please remove Atlanta from the premium shop and release it only as a rare ship, heavily bundled, on the 1st of April each year. :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

It's interesting how WG is not going a full business-fication of this game yet, but I agree their business features of the game atm is very un-innovative and very dull in presentation. Almost like the game itself.

Something I remember from marketing: you don't sell the usage of the product itself, you don't sell prices and numbers, you don't even sell special features. You sell the experience. You go for their heart. Or even deeper.

Here's an example:

PlayStation European TV Commercial: 'Double Life'

I worked in London when they were plastering the bicycle (wuss) vs tank (real man) WoT ad all over the subway.

I do not play WoT.

Also I bike to work.

And at this rate I will leave WoWs sooner than later too.

[OSMNL]
Players
1 post
568 battles

hey all ! i want to ask you where can i put my reedem code.  Anybody know?

Players
14 posts

But they went:

Warspite sold badly as they have downgraded its accurate guns and cut their distance. It's guns were good in Beta, but not as good as in real life, KILLING AN ITALLIAN SHIP FROM 23 MILES AWAY ISN'T A TASK FOR AN INNACCURATE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WG R MAD. Rage complete.

[CAPT]
Players
269 posts
8,880 battles

:teethhappy:

. . .  or in other words, "No we didn't get rid of Mogami. We just renamed it to 'Mikhail Kutuzov', but now you have to buy it in the premium ship instead of getting it for free"

Grinding up the tech tree, while it may be fun at times, isn't free - divide the hours it took into the shop price and you'll see just how low the wages you just earned.were. :P

[CAPT]
Players
269 posts
8,880 battles

Warspite sold badly as they have downgraded its accurate guns and cut their distance. It's guns were good in Beta, but not as good as in real life, KILLING AN ITALLIAN SHIP FROM 23 MILES AWAY ISN'T A TASK FOR AN INNACCURATE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WG R MAD. Rage complete.

They didn't kill anything - they landed a single shell - the Italians then turned tail. The ship hit, the Cesare, was back in service within a few weeks.

Sign in to follow this