Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkybuckFlying

The power bars are kinda meaningless.

9 comments in this topic

Players
1,246 posts
17,308 battles

When hovering over ships it shows these power bars like:

Artillery, Anti Air and so forth.

I find it kinda meaningless.

Perhaps it be better to show more elaborate info.

Like detection ranges, anti air ranges, artillery ranges, number of guns, torpedoes, maybe even torpedo distances, speed, etc.

Then every time people look at it they slowly hopefully learn a bit more about the ships, then just some meaningless bars ! ;)

Bye,

Skybuck.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

I don't mind them in the game. It's worse when they're selling a premium ship and only show that same bar-sheet which does not tell you anything about the ship. Where's the info about Torp range, possible upgrades, turret travere speeds, rudder shift time, etc ?

• Cool 2

[LEOND]
Players
144 posts
3,036 battles

You can get that info by clicking on the bar. This also works with ships you do not own. I do agree though, the bars are meaningless because I don't know what to compare the numbers against. Some ships that are described as having crapAA have AA scores that are pretty close to the Cleveland for example. The only bar that sort of makes sense is the torpedoes bar. Little bar = it has bad torpedoes, medium sized bar = it has normal torpedoes, large torpedo bar = it has lots of good torpedoes lol.

-E- And yes, it would be really really useful if we could see the actual numbers on premium ships that aren't visible in the tech tree (although there are mods for that)

Edited by FoeHamster419

[PRAVD]
Players
37 posts
3,295 battles

You can get that info by clicking on the bar. This also works with ships you do not own. I do agree though, the bars are meaningless because I don't know what to compare the numbers against. Some ships that are described as having crapAA have AA scores that are pretty close to the Cleveland for example. The only bar that sort of makes sense is the torpedoes bar. Little bar = it has bad torpedoes, medium sized bar = it has normal torpedoes, large torpedo bar = it has lots of good torpedoes lol.

-E- And yes, it would be really really useful if we could see the actual numbers on premium ships that aren't visible in the tech tree (although there are mods for that)

It could be that a ship has crap aa for their tier, cleveland has t8lvl aa on a t6 ship. Or some people specialize their ships into aa boats (aft/bft/aa upgrade) which can make a ship's aa much better. Just aft would increase the aa score on my shokaku by 10.

Edited by Dar_Raksada

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles

I'd say leave the bars in the loading screen as they are - they are a good way to gauge what upgrade level certain ships are on (mostly via Survivability and AA rating for hull upgrades) and then plan your engagement accordingly. More info there would just be clutter. But there really should be something TELLING people that you can expand the bars in port to get some actually useful info - I can't count the number of people I've had to tell that...

Beta Tester
1,196 posts
5,309 battles

IMO the bars are great for new players to get a relative understanding of which ships are harder to spot, can take more damage, have bigger guns, better AA overall and such.

My only problem with them is that they are only shown in loading screen, so if your stuck longer in loading screen as a carrier you can benefit from studying the AA power of your enemies and what players to avoid going near, but once in game that information is no longer available.

In fact all players can benefit from this to figure out what enemies have fully upgraded ships and which have stock, and also what upgrades ( or captain skills ) they picked.

[WGP2W]
Players
746 posts
13,044 battles

What? Everyone knows the Iowa's artillery is stronger than Yamato?

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Precise info is shown in the port. And aslains mod pack shows all of them in game.

You have made thread suggestion to add these features in the game before this thread. In that thread you had answers to get this info visible. And rest were satisfied the info given in port. So i dont understand why to make similar thread again.

Link to aslain http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0522-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview-v52202-22012016/

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

IMO the bars are great for new players to get a relative understanding of which ships are harder to spot, can take more damage, have bigger guns, better AA overall and such.

My only problem with them is that they are only shown in loading screen, so if your stuck longer in loading screen as a carrier you can benefit from studying the AA power of your enemies and what players to avoid going near, but once in game that information is no longer available.

In fact all players can benefit from this to figure out what enemies have fully upgraded ships and which have stock, and also what upgrades ( or captain skills ) they picked.

Earlier you wasnt able to see what upgrades or captain skills other players have. Only if he has upgraded guns, hull or engine. How do i know? Asked my friend to check what was AA value in montana. He said that its 85 or something like that, it actually was 100 since i had boosts in AA. Same thing in DDs spot range and torpedos, spot value was higher but torp value lower.

Sign in to follow this