Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkybuckFlying

Second plane-lock icon for airplane distance to ships.

3 comments in this topic

Players
1,246 posts
17,162 battles

Hello,

Something been buggy me a bit for a while now with carrier play.

It's pretty much impossible to see how far away my planes are from enemy ships. This is important to know to try and avoid their AA firing range.

So suggestion for improvement is the following:

1. Add a secondary plane-like lock icon.

2. When the plane-like lock icon is locked it will show the distance of planes to enemy ships.

Especially when planes are selected, when ship is selected the ship to ship distance is shown.

3. So by unlocking the plane-icon this behaviour can be avoided and the default of always show ship-to-ship distance as it is now will be done.

Bye,

Skybuck.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Hello,

Something been buggy me a bit for a while now with carrier play.

It's pretty much impossible to see how far away my planes are from enemy ships. This is important to know to try and avoid their AA firing range.

So suggestion for improvement is the following:

1. Add a secondary plane-like lock icon.

2. When the plane-like lock icon is locked it will show the distance of planes to enemy ships.

Especially when planes are selected, when ship is selected the ship to ship distance is shown.

3. So by unlocking the plane-icon this behaviour can be avoided and the default of always show ship-to-ship distance as it is now will be done.

Bye,

Skybuck.

I've wanted something like this for a long time. And with all AA reshuffling knowing the distance to long range (+85mm) AA platforms is quite important.

However, wouldn't an even more elegant solution just be that when you have a plane selected, the distance from that plane to all ships are displayed under ship in parenthesis? So for example:

Fuso

15.3km <- distance to ship

(6.9km) <- distance to currently selected plane

Players
1,246 posts
17,162 battles

Interesting suggestion. So distance indicators are placed under enemy ships. The first distance is distance to my carrier. Second distance is to nearest plane. Doesn't necessarily need to be selected plane, though that could then be made optional with the lock icon, to indicate only selected plane to be shown. In case of multiple selected, the nearest one.

Counter argument could be confusing/too much information... or confusion which plane is ment.

So that could be a valid counter argument for your suggestion.

So instead nearest ship distance is placed under the plane itself. That way there can be no confusion ?

Though then the confusion could be... which ship is ment ? Hmmm... but with a bit of looking around that could be figured out... usually player will have some idea to which ship it is flying...

Since distance to ship from carrier is already shown under enemy... usually will be one of the closer wants, but not always....

Perhaps which method is chosen should be optional in a beta test to see which one people find most pleasent to work/fly with ! ;)

Also the distance could be locked in case a target has been selected for the plane.

In that case the nearest is ignored and only the distance to target indicated.

However this would then ignore and make it difficult to avoid AA from different ships.

So it's pretty clear this needs some though.

The main thought/idea/request/feature for this and thus the basic idea behind it was to avoid enemy AA.

Though another application could be to target enemy ship better with torpedoes in case the activation distance is known.

This could also been seen as an exploit, to exploit this information best. It would make torpedo drops more dangerous/better.

Something to be considered as well ;)

Sign in to follow this