Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crusherheads

US - DD - 5ª skill choice at Cmder

7 comments in this topic

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
543 posts
8,677 battles

I love to hunt down others DDs with US country though cant decide between concealment or Preventive maintenance, saw few videos about the commanders skills distributions, though knowing US DDs guns special fletcher and Gears guns gets knock out at ease i wondering how does preventive maintenance fairs at turrets survival on a US dd?

Its good/worth it? Or its same sht?

Did appreciate for experience player that have try it to clarify this matter.

And thx in advance.

Edited by Crusherheads

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,980 battles

that -50% of module damage only applies to them being incapacitated, but it does not increase their survivability about being destroyed permanently. I think the only thing you will notice with that skill is your rudder and engine getting knocked out less, other than that it's not that useful.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Major threat would be IJN DD getting first shot with their off the charts module/gun knock out power HEs so more stealth would allow them less time to be the one who gets to shoot the first salvo.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

My opinion on that is, don't waste 5 skillpoints on PM, use the Concealment skill instead. You can get much closer to ships which increases your chance of getting Torp hits and get into concealment much faster when the defecation hits the ventilation apparatus.

Last Stand is more useful then PM and costs much less and the fact that you don't need EM for turrets or Torpedo skill for high Tier US DDs, frees up the two needed points for that.

You can of course try both variants and see which suits you more.

• Cool 1

Players
3,600 posts
7,323 battles

Slightly OT, but what is the preferred level 4 skill for high tier USN DD post patch?  My guess is survivability rather than AFT/DE but I could be wrong.

Is there a difference between the T8 Benson and the T9/10 ships, in that Benson and Gearing look like they could benefit from AFT whereas Fletcher has plenty of invisifire potential so probably benefits from SE more.

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Slightly OT, but what is the preferred level 4 skill for high tier USN DD post patch?  My guess is survivability rather than AFT/DE but I could be wrong.

Is there a difference between the T8 Benson and the T9/10 ships, in that Benson and Gearing look like they could benefit from AFT whereas Fletcher has plenty of invisifire potential so probably benefits from SE more.

I recommend this thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/44550-guide-to-captain-skills-distribution-in-053/

If I could venture a guess, I'd think DE is more popular. It's probably the better choice IMHO.

Players
3,600 posts
7,323 battles

I recommend this thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/44550-guide-to-captain-skills-distribution-in-053/

If I could venture a guess, I'd think DE is more popular. It's probably the better choice IMHO.

Most of that thread's a couple of weeks old and is from the time of the patch and USN DD level 4 was one of the areas we weren't really sure about, I was hoping that after a couple of weeks people would have a better idea.

My view is that USN DD's primary role is to hunt IJN DD so SE is the way to go, I can see an argument for DE in the Fletcher to exploit its substantial invisifire potential but since it's a potent torpedo boat I'm not convinced that long range HE spam is a good idea.

DE was my preferred skill pre patch, I've been keeping my USN DD in port until I can work out what to do with the captains post patch.

Sign in to follow this