Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
1MajorKoenig

Use first Hull model on upgraded Amagi?

18 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Hi guys,

I really don't like the second hull on the Amagi at all. Is there a way / mod to use the A hull with the upgraded Attributes?

Thanks in advance!

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,106 battles

Can it be Modded? The upgraded hull looks terrible in my opinion..

how should it work?

The hull is diffrent. You have diffrent armor stats and so on. It wouldn't work because you could mod it only on your client side which would result in big problems. for you and your enemy.

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

how should it work?

The hull is diffrent. You have diffrent armor stats and so on. It wouldn't work because you could mod it only on your client side which would result in big problems. for you and your enemy.

Does the model have really any relevance? I thought the armour model is separate anyway?

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,053 battles

Accept the answer is no. Camo is one thing but the model is entirely different.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

Does the model have really any relevance? I thought the armour model is separate anyway?

Back in Closed Beta test, when Warspite was still not released, someone used the 3D model files (which were already in the game client) with the Kongo. So I think it can be done. This is the thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/9625-skins/

Seems like the mod files are still there, so you can investigate how did he achieve it.

But there is a bad point from that. You will see all Amagis with the early hulls, and this can be important to make tactical decisions, as an elited Amagi is a much stronger/dangerous ship but you won't be able to distinguish between them.

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Back in Closed Beta test, when Warspite was still not released, someone used the 3D model files (which were already in the game client) with the Kongo. So I think it can be done. This is the thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/9625-skins/

Seems like the mod files are still there, so you can investigate how did he achieve it.

But there is a bad point from that. You will see all Amagis with the early hulls, and this can be important to make tactical decisions, as an elited Amagi is a much stronger/dangerous ship but you won't be able to distinguish between them.

I think I have also seen a mod that gives the Kongo the Warspite model or the other way around. Maybe I try to understand how to use the model Editor to use the stock hull for Amagi - it looks awesome compared to the "upgrade"

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Questions to the modders:

1) Which file governs which model/modules are used? Isn't this the visuals file?

2) is stock and B-hull one model file each or are these modules of one single file?

Background: I still try to use the stock Amagi model with the upgraded hulls as I can't look at them. They look so incredibly stupid it hurts (while going stock can also hurt in a different way...).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,106 battles

Questions to the modders:

1) Which file governs which model/modules are used? Isn't this the visuals file?

2) is stock and B-hull one model file each or are these modules of one single file?

Background: I still try to use the stock Amagi model with the upgraded hulls as I can't look at them. They look so incredibly stupid it hurts (while going stock can also hurt in a different way...).

Thanks a lot in advance!

1. nope, the file which is reponsible for that is as far as i know the gameparams file which can't be edited. We tried it already but it never let you load into battle with the modification

2. they are diffrent files but you just can't exchange one model with an other model. Information like where where AA, rangefinder ect. are placed is completly diffrent form the A hull. So you would basically get the first hull with all other models placed where they are normally on the C hull.

NaKPcuX.jpg

UthDFw1.jpg

now look at this 2 images..

you could exchange the ship... that would be possible.. but you can't change the position of AA, secondaries ect. so you would end up with steel cliping through rescue boats, AA flying around, secondaries cliping in the ship ect. which is definetly not what you want

those things are not tied to the model since they are in a seperate file and you can't change the position of them either

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Thanks a lot mate!

It is maybe not perfect but certainly better than this totally bullcr*** fantasy hull that looks too top-heavy-cheap-copy-paste whatever.

How did you achieve the swap of at least the hull model itself without the modules?

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,106 battles

Thanks a lot mate!

It is maybe not perfect but certainly better than this totally bullcr*** fantasy hull that looks too top-heavy-cheap-copy-paste whatever.

How did you achieve the swap of at least the hull model itself without the modules?

that swaping out was actually about the gun models.. because some of them were wrong back then although the correct ones were included.. we never exchanged some ship models itself

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

But isn't there a differentiation like a "0" behind the stock file? Or does that only apply to skins?

Is there one model for Amagi A+B with different parts/modules or is it multiple files?

Is there a "viewer" tool available?

Thanks again mate

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

UPDATE: stock and upgraded hull are indeed two different files. Looks like they could be swapped but the overall problem with the modules still exists.

Doesn't anybody know which file loads the modules? I mean all modules are shared so there needs to be a file that puts all the bits and pieces together. Will take another look maybe later

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,106 battles

UPDATE: stock and upgraded hull are indeed two different files. Looks like they could be swapped but the overall problem with the modules still exists.

Doesn't anybody know which file loads the modules? I mean all modules are shared so there needs to be a file that puts all the bits and pieces together. Will take another look maybe later

you can't change that because it would change all secondaries and their firing angle if you move them

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Hmm weird... I did a quick check on Koenig and it worked (removed the change afterwards actually). Then tried the same on Amagi and it didn't load the model. Is there anything about the older models that is different?

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Now that it was announced we lose Amagi's stock hull - and hope for a release of ASHITAKA some when in the future this topic becomes somehow pressing until the Premium boat arrives - which is btw awesome news!!!!!

Isn't anyone able to help here pleas?

[BFG]
Players
82 posts
6,675 battles

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone of you have any news regaring hull model swapping. A lot of ships (for example upgraded Amagi and German BBs) are hurting my eyes.. It's now clear that WG will never be doing anything about this.. in fact they'll produce more and more fantasy upgrades and pure made-up ships as other nations comes to the game.. And I really don't like their policy of getting rid of WW1 hulls out of regular ships for selling them as a premiums (this is IMHO so cheap).

For example I'll be glad for any mod that will reshape Kaiser and Konig to their historical appearnce. For example we have Konig Albert model in game files so If it will be possible to switch it with kaiser and somehow not display all those fantafy modules floating around it would be so great.. And the Konig Stock hull can be IMHO easily amodified by skilled 3D modeler (removeing chimney caps and Yorck-style mast).

Sign in to follow this