Sign in to follow this  
th3freakie

Kagero - Any hidden buffs in the last hull?

6 comments in this topic

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
409 posts
5,049 battles

Playing Kagero, enjoying very much. Have enough exp to unlock the last hull, that, as happens with all IJN DDs since the Hatsu, it seems to only replace a turret for some AA. 

However, we all know, WG loves some undocumented changes in their upgrades and patches, so here I ask of thee - is there any other change caused by the last hull, besides the turret and AA? For example torpedo reload or accuracy or something like that?

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,740 battles

Keep the extra gun turret, it is of more use in fighting off other DDs than a small increase in AA ability. If a carrier has you as a target either with dive bombers or torpedoes, the extra AA will make no difference at all. But 6 shells hitting an enemy DD versus 4? A difference worth having.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

I can't remember, but doesn't it add some extra HP?

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

I can't remember, but doesn't it add some extra HP?

Thats the Fubuki C hull.

The Kagero C only adds small caliber AA, which was nerfed last patch.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

The only things I'm aware of that might might change are the hidden fire chance and fire/flooding damage coefficients that decrease the higher the ship's tier. I remember reading that a ship with a stock hull will still have the previous tier's values. I don't know if it does nor if my information is correct at all, but if Kagero's B hull counts as a stock hull for this purpose, you might find yourself catching fire like 1 time extra every 20 battles you play for not using the C hull. Nothing serious.

Sign in to follow this