You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mayveen

Saipan coming as a premium to NA

51 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

Interesting.  I assume it will be available to all regions in short order...

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

40 Bofor guns and 16 dual 20 mm AA, nice! That wont be a nightmere to bomb then...Jet engines all over the place too. Wonder what the layout will be? Torps? If they dont, it will never sell.  So they will have, nice one WG, nice one.

But another ship so im happy.

Edited by Redcap375

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

So, it will be tier 7?

It used to be 6.  But the vid I just watched on youtube had it with 1 fighter, 2 TB and 1 DB squadron... and I can't imagine it would field that nowadays.  If it did you would have to think it would seriously outperform the independence...

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

Interesting.  I assume it will be available to all regions in short order...

I doubt that.

It is a difficult topic and I think this is a test.

Depending on the result we will see the ship in shop or not.

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Tier 7...Really? It was commissioned after the war...It didnt even have a sniff of a IJN plane.

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Knowing WG, I could see it with a 1-2-1 set up.  It would be the only US CV with more than one torp bombers. A BIG selling point. And you wondered why they dropped it on the Essex.

Things always happen for a reason when money is concerned. Dont blame them tho lads, gotta make a living.

Edited by Redcap375

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

I'm still annoyed they didn't use the USS Wright as the premium, as that would free up the Saipan class as a regular ship which could then become the T7 ship in a carrier conversion line.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,790 battles

It can have 100 40mm for all i care but 2 TB? Why nerf Essex /Midway and then bring in another 2 TB US CV?

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

It can have 100 40mm for all i care but 2 TB? Why nerf Essex /Midway and then bring in another 2 TB US CV?

That is defo speculation - it is the loadout it had in CBT but that is not the same as the premium having it.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

So EU can spend money. I bet it will be in super bundle containing tons of gold flags and all that stuff. Like usually
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,540 battles

AFAIK Haku had 5 torp squads when it first appeared during CBT and was (obviously) horribly overpowered. I'm sure Saipan won't have 2 torp squads.

I can even see it having two different loadouts, same as some premium DDs can choose between 2 types of torpedos.

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Spellfire40 are you kiddin? Why neff the Essex/Midway you ask? Can someone answer that question for him please..£££

But like Ilhilh says, its speculation at the mo.  But i believe it WILL happen, money never lies. Bet i sound like a right communist dont i. Not that its not a bad idea communist people. Human nature just doesnt make it work. Blabbering on now

Edited by Redcap375

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I don't care if this thing comes in a bundle or if it's UP beyond belief, as long it's coming to the EU shop.^^

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Ineteresting! ;)

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/march-monthlong-bundles/

Posted Image

So 1 guy at WG doesn't seem to know what the other guys is doing?

Q. And what about a premium CV?

A. Last week, we did a survey of 40k people regarding what they think about introducing a premium CV in the game. We have already modeled Saipan. We have different options: sell it to everybody, sell it only to CV players or not introduce a premium CV at all. Currently, 11% of players play CV's. 80% don't know how to play CV's at all. Other reasons were already given on the forum (due to CV mirror matchmaking, it's very difficult to release a premium CV, which could become overpowered if researchable CV's were nerfed). According to the survey we did on the forum, European and Russian servers don't want a premium CV whereas Asian and US servers do.

Q. When will you release a premium IJN or US CV?

A. US CV, this year. IJN CV, next year.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/31444-some-interesting-info-from-ru/page__st__1020__pid__884128#entry884128

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

"Currently, 11% of players play CV's. 80% don't know how to play CV's at all."

I wonder why WG :aqua:. If alot of people come into my office at once screaming "theres a fire!" there normally is one. Get the CV aspect of WOWS sorted WG and more people might wanna play them. Basics 101. I play them because im a sucker for punishment, not becuase i wanna win anything in one at tier 9-10.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,645 battles

If it comes with 121 I'm buyin regardless how much I don't care for Saipan-class. Pay to win in full glory. Otherwise I'm skipping it as the ship itself has no meaning to me contrary to any of the Yorktowns which I'd buy regardless of deck setup.

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

wasnt the Saipan the Tier VI or VII Carrier in the closed Beta? its not like they had a huge amount of work to do with it:unsure:

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

A question for the more knowledgeable.

Surely the US, which produced literally hundreds of CVs (including CVE, CVL and so on) must have much more suitable candidates than a carrier that didn't even see action in WWII? I baffles me the the first - and only - premium carrier is post-war! :amazed:

Weekend Tester
1,244 posts

Saipan was t6 and had a 48 plane capacity in a 1/1/1, 2/0/1 or 1/2/1 (F/TB/DB) configuration. The first two loadouts are still reasonable but I suspect the 1/2/1 will be changed to a 0/1/2

As for the AA:

4x1 127 mm/38 mk24

10x2 40 mm Bofors mk1

1x4 40 mm Bofors mk2

15x 20 mm Orelikon mk4

Edited by xCaptainObviousx

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

Surely the US, which produced literally hundreds of CVs (including CVE, CVL and so on) must have much more suitable candidates than a carrier that didn't even see action in WWII? I baffles me the the first - and only - premium carrier is post-war! :amazed:

It exists and is modelled.  It is by far the easiest option to put it back in game as opposed to modelling something new and by now you should expect WG to take the easy option...

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,996 battles

USS ENTERPRISE (CV-6) is the most decorated USN ship in WW2....