Sign in to follow this  
Rasmus117

We need to talk about the Admiral Hipper

5 comments in this topic

[CRUX]
Players
13 posts
3,497 battles

Hello, so as of last patch the hipper has gone a bit haywire. The number 2 and 3 turrets got AA guns next to them which when these turrets angle back and forward they can no longer fire at certain distances.

Number 2 turret can not fire whilst angled below 14km.

Number 3 turret can not fire whilst angled below 7km.

These Changes have hindered the ship to not use its full potential whilst angled the only way to fire all guns is to show full broadside and that means deletion.

A solution for this would be to Place the AA guns to the aft of the ship or the front , splitting them up as need be.

If not changed then you can not look at this change as something else than a nerf.

Personally  the Hipper was my favorite ship up to this change and I was going to buy the premium camo for it but now I do not feel like that anymore because of said Changes.

Edit: I was wrong about the distance, it is 14 not 11km

Edited by Rasmus117

Players
1,008 posts

Maybe its more historically accurate now. The Kriegsmarine had evaluated the possible opponents, and what tactics to use prior to the war and passed that onto all ships. The Hipper's had the following (interesting) advise:-

Type                      Battle Range      Danger Zone                           Remarks

8” RN                     16-23km               20km                                     Deck Vulnerable in whole battle area.
Cruisers                                                                                           Up to 19km, angle ship 30 degrees.

Pensacola/            17.5-32km             20km                                    Under 21km, angle ship 20 Degrees.
Chester

Quincy/                  17.5-22km           21km                                       Angle ship 30-40 Degrees.
Witchita                                                                                            Opponent better protected than Hipper.

6” RN                     9-18km                 12Km                                     Many 15cm hits. 16km deck vulnerable.
Cruisers

The table I referenced the info is from, Gerhard Koop's book on the Hipper Class Heavy Cruisers. A great read. I also have his books on both the Deutschland and Scharnhorst Class'

[CRUX]
Players
13 posts
3,497 battles

Maybe its more historically accurate now. The Kriegsmarine had evaluated the possible opponents, and what tactics to use prior to the war and passed that onto all ships. The Hipper's had the following (interesting) advise:-

Type                      Battle Range      Danger Zone                           Remarks

8” RN                     16-23km               20km                                     Deck Vulnerable in whole battle area.
Cruisers                                                                                           Up to 19km, angle ship 30 degrees.

Pensacola/            17.5-32km             20km                                    Under 21km, angle ship 20 Degrees.
Chester

Quincy/                  17.5-22km           21km                                       Angle ship 30-40 Degrees.
Witchita                                                                                            Opponent better protected than Hipper.

6” RN                     9-18km                 12Km                                     Many 15cm hits. 16km deck vulnerable.
Cruisers

The table I referenced the info is from, Gerhard Koop's book on the Hipper Class Heavy Cruisers. A great read. I also have his books on both the Deutschland and Scharnhorst Class'

Except its less real now as the Admiral Hipper never had AA guns at those places just for this reason.

I have also done more research, I was wrong about the 11km it is 14 km and having the AA gun destroyed does not help either it is still unable to fire.

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

I feel I am citadelled more often after patch, maybe this is the reason, I have to show more flank to give broad sides so I expose my selfe more?

Players
122 posts
3,591 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45330-admiral-hipper-bug/

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45209-turret-never-ready-on-hipper/

Yeah, the topic was already discussed. Unfortunately i doubt we'll see quick solution to this, or any solution at all. Knowing WG I'll be on Roon by the time they decide to do something about that.

Edited by vortenus

Sign in to follow this