Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
delaci76

Whats the point of 5 consumables?

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
654 posts

So on my Cleveland I have 5 consumable fighters/scouts...what's the point if the timer is x minutes long (over 4 basically).

Battles are 20 mins....

Unless am seeing this wrong but eh? Doesnt make sense WG.

Edited by delaci76

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Why do you use the super intendant skill on your Cleveland anyway?

Beta Tester
654 posts

Whats that got to do with my question?

Why dont you use the skill?

Edited by delaci76

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,659 battles

Cleveland in real life had 4 Planes, + 1 Super Intendant + 1 premium consumable = up to 6 planes

And boy, you don't want to know how many planes the Yamato has - 7 per default (as in real life), + 1 Super Intendant + 1 premium consumable = up to 9 planes

Beta Tester
654 posts

Cleveland in real life had 4 Planes, + 1 Super Intendant + 1 premium consumable = up to 6 planes

And boy, you don't want to know how many planes the Yamato has - 7 per default (as in real life), + 1 Super Intendant + 1 premium consumable = up to 9 planes

Wow didnt know that. Perhaps I will choose another skill. I got the skill for the extra aa buff. (not for the scout/fighter etc).

Just strikes me as not very well thought out unless someone can give me some clear logic....

Edited by delaci76

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

The cooldown is not 6 mins. It is 3 (or 2 mins with the prem fighters).

CV players will focus your Fighter plane if they do an attack run since they cause panic to their Bombers.

Your fighter is in the air for 6 mins , then he returns and the cooldown begins. Or he gets shot down and the cooldown begins.

Edited by LilJumpa

Beta Tester
654 posts

The cooldown is not 6 mins. It is 3 (or 2 mins with the prem fighters).

CV players will focus your Fighter plane if they do an attack run since they cause panic to their Bombers.

Your fighter is in the air for 6 mins , then he returns and the cooldown begins. Or he gets shot down and the cooldown begins.

Well I have never used all 5....

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Vigilance is overrated!!!11

Vigilance is quite good now, though early warning for incoming torps is indeed overrated ^^

It, seems i forgotten that Cleve has that many planes by default, so i assumed OP took a rather useless skill on his ship. Useless for this particular ship anyway.

Beta Tester
654 posts

Vigilance is quite good now, though early warning for incoming torps is indeed overrated ^^

It, seems i forgotten that Cleve has that many planes by default, so i assumed OP took a rather useless skill on his ship. Useless for this particular ship anyway.

Well it wasnt for the planes....it was for the extra AA defense...(which as you know rips through planes).

My idea in getting it over something else was to better aid my teammates. If anything shouldnt they change the cooldowns etc?

But will check the skill later and reset if necessary.

Edited by delaci76

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

But will check the skill later and reset if necessary.

No,  Superintendent is an OK skill for Cleve if you get it full AA spec (BFT, AFT,  AA module),  because there are enough CVs in games at his tiers. 

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles

its off topic but thats not the main point of vigilance...

even with the skill youd better know/suspect the torps incoming  vigilance just helps doging the whole salvo not eating a torp bow first.

as for the planes its prob. just so the history nerds dont complain about the wrong number of planes although i must say i dont see the point why the scout plane has such a f*** huge cd (its verry situational anyway) and why you couldnt launch 2 fighter planes after another with a cd in between they arent op either, it would generate a decission with a trade of when best to use up your planes.

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Fighters last 5 mins, and sometimes they get shot down right? Cooldown doesent last long so you can put up fighter up again. And that can be shot down also and cycle continues. While driving near island enemy tends to shoot your plane down to avoid being spotted or incoming torps.

I have heard rumors about enemy CV shooting down fighter to help own team DD to navigate in tight place or being chased by cruiser. Most likely that DD and CV are in same division. Notice sarkasm.

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Its not unusual in my division to ask shoot down planes so torps are not spotted too early. Or to allow DD go point blank range when torps are harder to miss.

Beta Tester
654 posts

Fighters last 5 mins, and sometimes they get shot down right? Cooldown doesent last long so you can put up fighter up again. And that can be shot down also and cycle continues. While driving near island enemy tends to shoot your plane down to avoid being spotted or incoming torps.

I have heard rumors about enemy CV shooting down fighter to help own team DD to navigate in tight place or being chased by cruiser. Most likely that DD and CV are in same division. Notice sarkasm.

Trust me try using 5 lots of scouts/fighters......you'll find it nigh on impossible.

Pointless and am not sure I can get through 4 lots of AA buff (because the cooldown is x mins long)...although I think this is ok as it lasts less time. (i.e it's a brief burst of concentrated AA which is a good feature).

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

For "future proofing" of course. If you intend to progress your trained cruiser captain up through the tiers (as many people do) then this is preparation for the higher tiers.

See the section "High-Tier US/IJN Cruisers" in post #1 in the excellent thread by Kurbain; "Guide to Captain Skills Distribution in 0.5.3"

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/44550-guide-to-captain-skills-distribution-in-053/

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

For "future proofing" of course. If you intend to progress your trained cruiser captain up through the tiers (as many people do) then this is preparation for the higher tiers.

See the section "High-Tier US/IJN Cruisers" in post #1 in the excellent thread by Kurbain; "Guide to Captain Skills Distribution in 0.5.3"

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/44550-guide-to-captain-skills-distribution-in-053/

Patch 0.5.3. has proven, that there is no future proof in WoWS. ^^

Seriously though, it is certainly a possibility to handle the Captain advancement this way.

Personally, i tend to re-skill the Captain for certain ships, this affects mostly the Cruiser lines as the differences in gameplay require different Captain skills.

For instance, if i had moved my pre-patch 0.5.3. Captain to the Pensacola, i would have certainly reskilled him to make the most of the ships strengths.

My Konigsberg Captain was reskilled for the York, as sailing for longer periods of time with a Captain that skills don't match the stregths of the ships doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Of course, it's matter of personal choice and my approach does tend to get expensive now and then.

After WoWS has grown to me ( I'm not a huge fan of Online games ), i decided that all my Captains should be decently skilled, as i kept all my ships.

Speccing Captains on ships that i don't grind has become an exersise in futility with over 80 ships in the port. ^^

I do not move all Captains to the next researched ship, with some exceptions. Starting from scratch can be rather difficult sometimes, as the grind becomes even grindier.^^

My BB lines have the best skilled Captains, so do my DDs. My Cruisers however, sail - for the most part - with the new Captain the come with.

With the changes to the AFT and BFT skills being nothing more then a dark cloud on the Horizon, that may have very well moved on and passed us harmlessly by, i decided that my Cleveland Captain should stay with the ship, as Pensacola was somewhat different. My Penacola captain however sits now in my New Orleans and i will eventually move him to the Baltimore.

I recently moved my Hipper Captain to the Roon as both ships have a very similar playstyle, while my York Captain got moved to the Hipper. The Hipper btw, was the first Cruiser that started with a zero Point Captain and didn't feel for a second like a grind. I never thought, this would happen after the New Mexico again and in a CL/CA line.

I think i stop here, as the post has become rather long and i don't want the word "Captain" to become as numerous in this post as was the word "[edited]" in the Southpark movie. ^^

Edited by Jethro_Grey
  • Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Speccing Captains on ships that i don't grind has become an exersise in futility with over 80 ships in the port. ^^

You what mate? :ohmy:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

You what mate? :ohmy:

As mentioned, i keep all my ships. There are also all Premiums that were on sale ever since the game went Live.

I regret that i didn't bought myself into the CB with Gremy, Sims and Yubari, but at that time, WoWS was just another Online MP game, which i don't like very much.

So i hope those ships come back to the shop soon.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

I regret that i didn't bought myself into the CB with Gremy, Sims and Yubari

Only Grem is good, the other 2 are not good anymore, and Yubari is crap after the light cruisers nerf. I have 43 port sluts myself, cant even take the dailies on half of them.

Edited by 22cm

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

As mentioned, i keep all my ships. There are also all Premiums that were on sale ever since the game went Live.

I regret that i didn't bought myself into the CB with Gremy, Sims and Yubari, but at that time, WoWS was just another Online MP game, which i don't like very much.

So i hope those ships come back to the shop soon.

Well I'll be damned :) Impressive! How much actual cash does that many slots cost? If you don't want to calculate it's totally  fine ;)

[3AMG]
Beta Tester
46 posts

So on my Cleveland I have 5 consumable fighters/scouts...what's the point if the timer is x minutes long (over 4 basically).

Battles are 20 mins....

Unless am seeing this wrong but eh? Doesnt make sense WG.

Super Intendent is very useful for Battleships, I play quite aggressively (even in the 'word of torpedos' 0.5.3 we now run!) so having 5 repairs (also using premium consumable from tier 8 BB and up) is essential for me.

I also find it a useful perk on some Destroyers, especially the Loyang where I like to use sonar ping and Gremmy where it's also handy.

I find it much less useful on cruisers, with the exception of the Atago ofc, but generally prefer to spend the 3 points on Vigilance when using cruisers with no repair capability. 

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Trust me try using 5 lots of scouts/fighters......you'll find it nigh on impossible.

Pointless and am not sure I can get through 4 lots of AA buff (because the cooldown is x mins long)...although I think this is ok as it lasts less time. (i.e it's a brief burst of concentrated AA which is a good feature).

Im not sure what you are trying to say. I have ran out of fighters multiple times. And i dont use AA barrage since my main task is to hunt DDs, thats why i have sonar.

But im happy that i have 5-6 fighters, even if i lose 1 or 2 i can still hunt DDs with fighter at the end of the match. But this is my opinion.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Well I'll be damned :) Impressive! How much actual cash does that many slots cost? If you don't want to calculate it's totally  fine ;)

Iirc, i have 90 slots, maybe 91 as i have 2 slots in reserve at all times.

I should have 16 Premiums + 2 ARP ships, those come with a portslot so theres ~72 Post slots and each costs 300 Coins which equals 21600 Coins.

Quite a bit...

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Iirc, i have 90 slots, maybe 91 as i have 2 slots in reserve at all times.

I should have 16 Premiums + 2 ARP ships, those come with a portslot so theres ~72 Post slots and each costs 300 Coins which equals 21600 Coins.

Quite a bit...

Only do the math if you want to quit the game in the near future and need a reason :coin:

Or let your wife do the math for you.......... that's for the guys being more of the masochistic type :rolleyes:

Edited by LilJumpa

Sign in to follow this