Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboch

Things that destroy/break Gameplay

41 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

Just thought the last day about things that destroy the gameplay and fun in World of Warships .....

- AFKs: Players that go into the battle and are away from keyboard. As well a huge possibility that these are "broken" Bots where something went wrong. AFK is the worst case, as a bot at least means a moving target that spot something. An AFK is just a standing target. While about 10 days ago i made a post that i see only 1 AFK every 3 games i have to correct myself now, it's about every game. Pretty sure it is the side effect of more BOTs in game in generally. However, even if it is not a BOT, but just a human AFK it is the worst case for the own team. Nowadays you must hope to have less AFK at start.

- BOTS: Just logical that bots are hurting  the game play. No further describtion needed. No idea why this problem never gets solved,

- Ability to disable the chat: There are mods out that disable the whole chat. While at first moment i thought, why not? BUT than i thougt, hey, it is a TEAM game, it is about teaming up, tactic and strategy. Without a disabled chat the main part of TEAM play has gone. Coordination nearly impossible... This is a step back in my opinion.

- Troll Division: The thing i never understood why WG allows it. It is the most obvious idioty, the most obvious game play hurting and the most obvious easy to fix problem. Why the hell can a tier 10 enter a battle with 2x tier 1 ??? The team has lost bevor it begun even. Why have 9 players to suffer from the idiocity of 2 or 3 clowns in a troll division that just fool around? Why is there no restriction in the division? Biggest Mystery for me!!!!

- Hidden stats. I fully understand the legit interest of a lot of players to hide their stats, no doubt about that. Problem is the side effect: I think from the hidden stats BOT players profit most.

- Access to high tier premium ships to unexperienced players: Best example is the Atago. Nowadays, without XVM when you have an Atago in team you immediatly try to get out of range of it so you do not have to eat some torps after spawn. Seriously, i have eaten so many torps from Atagos that i just stay away from them if they are in my team. There is no sense in my opinion to sell a tier 8 ship to someone that has even not made 10 or 20 battles for example. Another thing where you get an not necesary team handicap into team.

There are more, just wanted to mention the biggest problems in my opinion that could have easy solutions and break the game play and fun right  now.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

THOSE are your biggest concerns? Amazing.

Those are all caused by the playerbase btw. So all your saying is : "Please WG, make it harder for "A$$&%s" to be "A$$&%s" " . Impossible task.

• Cool 3

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

THOSE are your biggest concerns? Amazing.

Those are all caused by the playerbase btw. So all your saying is : "Please WG, make it harder for "A$$&%s" to be "A$$&%s" " . Impossible task.

What are your biggest concerns that incluence directly game play and team play?

[CATS]
Players
15,337 posts
11,032 battles

afk players and players who take longer to load are a nuisiance, but not game breaking.

The rest is not even an issue.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

What are your biggest concerns that incluence directly game play and team play?

My biggest concern that directly involves gameplay is that every ship class gets the same amount of XP/Credits for the same thing : Damage and Capping/Decapping

If you would overhaul the whole XP-System and give every class/nation a seperate XP-and Credit earning algorithm which gives the most rewards for the actual role they where designed for in regards of their strenghts and abilities, that would actually make "Teamplay" a designed necessity.

Will never happen, but one can dream.

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,523 posts
11,158 battles

I'm not convinced that hidden stats break the gameplay :hmm:

• Cool 3

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

afk players and players who take longer to load are a nuisiance, but not game breaking.

The rest is not even an issue.

actually i absolutly disagree with you on that one, just some examples.

- AFK carrier, worst case even in my opinion.

- AFK carrier if there are 2 carriers in team, the other automaticly has not really a chance which doubles the effect of 1x AFK carrier to nearly 2x AFK carriers as the alone carrier can not do any reasonable gameplay.

- AFK top tier, another worst case. When the top high tier battleship is missing for example the whole team has a huge disadvantage in damage sharing and damage causing.

All other cases at very least it is a -8% at very least up to what ship class and what tier the AFK player is. Having a at very least -10% win chance due an AFK is a serious issue for me, not by accident in most cases the team with AFK players loses. So, for me, when i see from beginning an AFK and i know we mostly lose to this AFK player it is not really fun. 

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

I'm not convinced that hidden stats break the gameplay :hmm:

i agree, hence the reason i said side effect as in my book BOTs are the biggest problem. "Hunting" a bot is as well analyzing his stats. Once all bots have hidden their stats you have no longer any idea if that player has just 20 games or 35.000 games with average 100 damage.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

AFKs = Real life > gameplay

There are plenty of reasons to leave a match right in the middle of it or during the loading sequence. There are plenty of players who report several minute long loading times to get into the games as well.

I see no issue here. it might be annoying if you pay attention to it, but it is hardly game breaking.

Bots = Everyone seems to see them, but for some reason I haven't seen proof yet.

Report them and be done with it. Could be an issue, but I suspect the problem to be more with the users who see them around every corner.

Ability to disable chat

After I have seen what some appear to believe to be acceptable chat behavior, I can understand why some would chose to do so. The problem are not the users who disable it, but the ones who misbehave in it.

Troll Divisions

You call them trolls. They might simply want to play together and do not have the ships to be all on the same tier. Once again I see a problem with the perception of the players calling them trolls (or worse). For any battle with a division with mixed tiers in your team you will have one with mixed tiers on the opposing team. It equals out over time.

Hidden stats

They are my stats (or those of any other user who choses to hide them). You shouldn't make decisions based on my stats, but on my actions. Worry more about your own stats instead of those of others.

Premium ships

They are a way for WG to make money. Every ship behaves differently anyway, so you need to learn the ropes af any new ship you aquire. No problem that I can see.

Those are all problems with your perceptions and expectations, not with the game.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,337 posts
11,032 battles

actually i absolutly disagree with you on that one, just some examples.

- AFK carrier, worst case even in my opinion.

- AFK carrier if there are 2 carriers in team, the other automaticly has not really a chance which doubles the effect of 1x AFK carrier to nearly 2x AFK carriers as the alone carrier can not do any reasonable gameplay.

- AFK top tier, another worst case. When the top high tier battleship is missing for example the whole team has a huge disadvantage in damage sharing and damage causing.

All other cases at very least it is a -8% at very least up to what ship class and what tier the AFK player is. Having a at very least -10% win chance due an AFK is a serious issue for me, not by accident in most cases the team with AFK players loses. So, for me, when i see from beginning an AFK and i know we mostly lose to this AFK player it is not really fun. 

It happens rarely and has neglible impact most of the time.

It can be hard, but that is rare.

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

AFKs = Real life > gameplay

There are plenty of reasons to leave a match right in the middle of it or during the loading sequence. There are plenty of players who report several minute long loading times to get into the games as well.

I see no issue here. it might be annoying if you pay attention to it, but it is hardly game breaking.

==> real life reasons are ok, no problem at all when a sudden someone rings at the door while you are alone. I was talking about AFK for whole games from beginning. And these are game breaking in a given battle. 

Bots = Everyone seems to see them, but for some reason I haven't seen proof yet.

Report them and be done with it. Could be an issue, but I suspect the problem to be more with the users who see them around every corner.

==> Look, i have 39.000 games experience at WOT and hunted bots actively. They are there, even super testers admit that. IF there where no bots their would not be such report function especially for BOTs in first place. WG is well aware of this issue, but is there done enough to make something against them or are they welcome at this time to keep player numbers up?

Ability to disable chat

After I have seen what some appear to believe to be acceptable chat behavior, I can understand why some would chose to do so. The problem are not the users who disable it, but the ones who misbehave in it.

==> I fully understand the reason why someone does not want to read toxic chat messages, but disabling it fullly? Its the main instrument for team play. How about better filters, longer chat bans and so on?  While in the past their has been active communications, its nowadays more rare that a team communicates and for half of the team it makes it senseless as they anyway do not read the chat. So we have a team game but the instrument for it has gone for many.

Troll Divisions

You call them trolls. They might simply want to play together and do not have the ships to be all on the same tier. Once again I see a problem with the perception of the players calling them trolls (or worse). For any battle with a division with mixed tiers in your team you will have one with mixed tiers on the opposing team. It equals out over time.

=>> Here you have NO idea how the matchmaker even works. First of all the matchmaker takes the highest tier in a division as its division tier. Or easy explaines especially for you: 1x tier 10 + 2x tier 1 are for the matchmaker 3x tier 10. The matchmaker is NOT waiting that the other team has another troll division in the waiting queue!!!.  I hope you get all the time troll platoons into your team, this will fast change your mind in that issue. No i wonder why i even answered after its clear you do not understand the basics even, what's left for spotting bots, lol.

Hidden stats

They are my stats (or those of any other user who choses to hide them). You shouldn't make decisions based on my stats, but on my actions. Worry more about your own stats instead of those of others.

==> You again obviously did not get the idea of the stats and the side effect for BOTs. I do not care about anybody stats, nor should anybody, expect in clan matters. Hower, hidding stats gives BOTs a boost. Damn, forgot that due your observations their are not bots anyway, so yes, not an issue than. I'am happy now that their are not bots, lol.

Premium ships

They are a way for WG to make money. Every ship behaves differently anyway, so you need to learn the ropes af any new ship you aquire. No problem that I can see.

==> I'am absolute for WG making money, no problem with that. BUT, higher tier premium ships, let's say tier 7 and 8 in the hands of a 20 battles captain are just a mega handicap for the own team. I make a bet that Atago leads in the teamkill statistics in tier 8.

Those are all problems with your perceptions and expectations, not with the game.

==> yeah, must be like that than, lol.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

I didn't say there are no bots. I said that I haven't seen proof for it yet, or experienced anything in game that reeks of bot usage. And some users seem to see them around every corner and every incident that doesn't fit into their perception filters.

I understand the matchmaker. Please read again what I wrote. I did not say that the matchmaker will match mixed divisions against mixed divisions. I said, that in one battle you have a mixed team on your side and in another battle you will have one on the opposing side.

You do not need stats to discover bots. WG needs them and they always have access to them. You can simply report those who you believe to be bots and WG will fitler them out. Don't try to be a judge over other players or player accounts.

[TU]
Players
171 posts
4,968 battles

The main problem is, Murphy's law ensures that AFKs, bots and troll divisions are more likely to be in your team than the other.

• Cool 2

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,137 posts
4,315 battles

The main problem is, Murphy's law ensures that AFKs, bots and troll divisions are more likely to be in your team than the other.

Just this !!

Or the worst case is all DD are AFK for the 3 or 4 first minutes of the game in domination mode ...

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Shimakaze the cancer of Tierx destroys the high tier gameplay when the MM decides to put like 3-5 of them on each team.

Yeah.... that brings this dicussion to a whole new level, we never had before on these forums. Excellent from you to find an unused spot to dump that 1-line load.
  • Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

Troll Divisions

Hidden stats

your stats are mirrors of your actions. they show how good you can play this game.

troll div means 2 or more tier difference. For example yamato with cleveland. this is a troll div. And this is absulately not ok.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

Yeah.... that brings this dicussion to a whole new level, we never had before on these forums. Excellent from you to find an unused spot to dump that 1-line load.

well if he thinks that DDs destroy the gameplay he can say it. there should be no problem with that. Why does it disturb you? imo he is right. 5-6 even 7-8 DDs per team break this game. So the biggest issue with this game atm is the crap MM, also huge number of DDs in battles.
  • Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

your stats are mirrors of your actions. they show how good you can play this game.

troll div means 2 or more tier difference. For example yamato with cleveland. this is a troll div. And this is absulately not ok.

And why should you care how good someone plays the game? Even players with the best stats can have a bad moment and the ones with the worst can have the game of their lifetime. If you make decisions based on their stats, you are one factor that insures that those stats stay the way they are. If they are bad they will remain bad, as you will probably ignore their suggestions and will not support them they way they might need it.

And if a division with different tier ships doesn't mean to troll, but simply play together but have nothing else available, who are you to try to forbid it to them or to call them trolls for it?

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

And why should you care how good someone plays the game? Even players with the best stats can have a bad moment and the ones with the worst can have the game of their lifetime. If you make decisions based on their stats, you are one factor that insures that those stats stay the way they are. If they are bad they will remain bad, as you will probably ignore their suggestions and will not support them they way they might need it.

And if a division with different tier ships doesn't mean to troll, but simply play together but have nothing else available, who are you to try to forbid it to them or to call them trolls for it?

I care how good people are because i rely on people according to their stats if i dont know them. Yes you are right people with good stats can also have bad moments but i have no other info of him avaible for me. so i judge people with their stats. for example there are good 2 yammies and im with my aa cruiser. One of them has 70k avrg dmg, the other has 130k avrg dmg. So if i see that much skill difference, i cover the good one because he is bigger threat for enemy than other.

1 tier difference is ok. But if they dont have any tier commen than they should play coops together or they should play seperately, until they have the same tier ships.

[0031]
Beta Tester
341 posts

Amen to the Original Poster even though I do hide my stats :-) AFK is annoying beyond believe so are troll divisions. How hard can it be for WG to built in a one tier difference in divisions. The good thing nowadays with the chat is: that one can hide certain players. I do that myself with mapspammers and wot-players who can't behave themselves in chat. 

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

I care how good people are because i rely on people according to their stats if i dont know them. Yes you are right people with good stats can also have bad moments but i have no other info of him avaible for me. so i judge people with their stats. for example there are good 2 yammies and im with my aa cruiser. One of them has 70k avrg dmg, the other has 130k avrg dmg. So if i see that much skill difference, i cover the good one because he is bigger threat for enemy than other.

1 tier difference is ok. But if they dont have any tier commen than they should play coops together or they should play seperately, until they have the same tier ships.

And with that, your drive to win the game instead of creating enjoyment for the whole team, you are indirectly harming the players that are not as good.

I agree that the matchmaker could be better and that the division rules could be stricter, but for now the players are simply using the options the game is giving to them. They are playing by the rules if they create a division with greater spreads. So why attack the players who play by the current rules when your energy could be better used in convincing WG to change those rules?

We are all in the game to have a fun time. For some fun comes from winning and being competetive, for others it comes from simply playing the game as it is. Both sides, and all those inbetween, need to understand and accept each other. We should help each other to achieve the most enjoyment possible. And in my opinion this includes helping the weaker players getting better personal results in the form of good avice (which isn't colored one sided to the personal view of the player voicing it) and action.

If the bad players feel left alone and ignored we might lose them. That's the wrong way. We should encourage them and help them, instead of ignore and demean.

Edited by Egoleter
  • Cool 1

Players
73 posts
5,604 battles

AFK isn't always a players fault, I have plenty of late entries into battle due to whatever reason, this usually happens the first game after changing ships but can happen at any time.

I hate joining late as my team mates are already engaged with the enemy without my support, not good!

Or worst case scenario, my Hipper had been spotted and half healthed by the time I joined the game, I did what I could to start moving and try to evade incoming but was killed 10 seconds later, if this happens to you in a tier 8+ ship your looking at a hefty repair bill and little to no credits earned to help pay the bill.

I have had some instances where I have clicked battle, got to the loading screen then got booted off the server as the battle loads, I have tried my best to log in and re join but each time I got to the load screen you would hear the battle music and the in game sounds then... booted off server again, one evening it happened 4 games in a row with me not being able to join all game, people must have thought I was a serial AFK and probably reported me. I stopped playing and raised a ticket with WG but they said nothing was wrong (my internet was fine by the way, no drop outs)

This late loading problem might be WG's server end as most games load and get me into the game 20 to 30 seconds before the game starts, but from time to time... Arrgh!

So in summary, the reason for someone being AFK might not be what you think!

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
81 posts
3,227 battles

How about:

- overcompensating for bad playerbase by nerfing or bugging (Yes Hipper is bugged - no ack from devs/support what so ever - funny only remaining ship that can counter MK cancer) ships

- constant changes of ship doctrine (forcing players on Mogami to play with 203 instead of dd hunter), AA nerfing of AA cruisers making them play as ??????? well nothing, jerking around CV players with shifting plane load-outs and capabilities 

- Selling ships with certain stats then silent and not so silent nerfing them to raft status

Players
3,654 posts
7,328 battles

Amen to the Original Poster even though I do hide my stats :-) AFK is annoying beyond believe so are troll divisions. How hard can it be for WG to built in a one tier difference in divisions. The good thing nowadays with the chat is: that one can hide certain players. I do that myself with mapspammers and wot-players who can't behave themselves in chat.

Even a one tier difference can be problematic in that T2 ships are not supposed to fight anything over T3 but can find themselves against T5 ships if they division with a T3 ship and the difference between T2 and T5 is huge.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this