Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yuzral

Arpeggio phase 2: EU missions are *very* different to the SEA's mission

133 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
Community Contributor
243 posts
8,282 battles

Yes, missions plural.  We get two of them.  I'm a little surprised WG EU haven't got this up on the webpage, because it's already live on the servers but:

First mission: Sisters of Fog.  Lasts until 1st of May 2016.

Phase 1: Cause 1,000,000 damage in Random, Ranked or Team battles while using a ship Tier V or higher.  Rewards the mental model/commander 'Haruna'.

Phase 2: Land 2,000 main battery hits in Random, Ranked or Team battles.  Tier limit - who knows?.  Reward: ???

Phase 3: Cause 2,000,000 damage in Random, Ranked or Team battles.  Tier limit - not a clue.  Reward: unsure.

Phase 4: Land 3,000 main battery hits in Random, Ranked or Team battles. Tier limit - don't ask me.  Reward: ARP Hiei (Kongo-class BB).

Second mission: Captain Extraction.  Lasts until 1st of May 2016.  All phases must be done in Random, Ranked or Team Battles.  Starts at Tier VII

Phase 1: Get credit for 100 kills.  Reward: 500,000 credits.

Phase 2: Cause 10,000,000 damage. Reward: Unsure. ​Speculation - ARP Haruna (Kongo-class BB)?

Phase 3: Win a battle and finish in the top 2 by xp earned: Rewards the mental model/commander Hiei, who comes with 16 skillpoints.

Compared to the 1 month to do 2,000,000 damage that the SEA servers got for the ARP Kirishima and access to Iona as a captain...yeah, it's a little different.

First impressions:
1) Captain Extraction phase 1: I can taste the salt already.  Last kill missions are, in my experience, toxic in this game where just about every kill is shared between players and I would have thought that after all the complaints on this board Wargaming would have taken that on board.  Apparently not, since they've doubled down this time around.

2) Sisters phases 2 and 4: Atlantas and Tier 7+ US/RU DDs are going to be laughing hard.  Everyone else...perhaps not so much.

3) CE phase 2.  10 MILLION damage.  No, I didn't miscount the zeroes.  At, say 50k average damage that's 250 games  in two months...2 or 3 games a night, every night, starting after the 100 kill phase.  WG might have misjudged the time factor here a little.

And as a side note, ARP Myoko appears to be missing the corrosive torpedo effect mentioned on the SEA website as of an early morning game today.  Client patch required?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
660 posts
10,868 battles

We got 2 months for it and I like the challenge, it is simply more interesting to do them when there is specific goal.  It is better like this because it adds extra elements to random battles which make them less boring. I support this approach.

• Cool 1

[CQFD]
Beta Tester
1 post
2,245 battles

I really do think the missions are good , the main reason is that it is not easy for everyone to get the mental models or ships so less " premium " ship spam. It happened before with WoT , if you remember the IS-6 , E25 , TOG2 spam then you can relate.

Yes , the newer players with no tier 7 will be dissapointed but to be fair , they shouldn't cause its kind of a motive and i take my self as an example. I have the Hatsuharu and that is my only tier 7 ship and i race through the clevalnd to obtain the Pensacola. On the way there i accumulate damage and kill ships which feels great.

In my oppinion , the WoWs team is doing a great job to encurage new players with new things practically for free and i really like that.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,994 battles

The biggest issue I see is that the 100 kills and 10 mil damage phases are on the same mission, so you have to do each separately. By far the two most time intensive phases.

I mean I can probably rack up 10 mil damage with the Tirpitz in roughly 100 battles, but that's still a massive time investment especially since it doesn't synergize well at all with the "main battery hits" phase in the other mission. Using something like a CA will easily double the number of battles required for 10 mil damage.

It's still totally doable in 2 months, but for a much smaller group of people than last time.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

100 Kills really is the only thing which migh come in as a stopping stone here. That and the whole thing being limited to Tier 7+

10 million damage is a lot, but you also get a captain with 16 skillpoints. That's also quite a lot of games played.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

The games are going to be very interesting, as everyone and their mother will try to get the last shot on a ship to get the kill. ^^

I will put my Kutuzov to good use in some of the missions.

• Cool 1

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

i think the hardest one for me will be the 100 kills but i guess with a bit of kill securing that should be doable :playing:

• Cool 1

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
1,333 posts

I have to say that I like the missions because i like to have some goals to achive :rolleyes: but I don't like the ships.

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

I don't like the 100 kills and the fact that it needs tier 7+, would've preferred T6+, but well, a 16 skill commander as reward is quite nice.

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

100 kills and AFTER that 10 million damage? Well certainly this mission will be completed by a much smaller number of players compared to the first missions...Maybe its better I don't know...A 16 pts captain should not be too easy to get anyway...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

Well that is a bit much. Those 100 kills I think are a bad choice simply because of how those missions impact gameplay.

I am out of country soon for a month, so after I will come back I will have only 1 month for everything. That's gonna be pretty intense to be honest.

Weekend Tester
57 posts
4,656 battles

They give the Haruna commander with Hiei ship, and the Hiei commander with the Haruna ship? Even by WG standards that must be a mistake.

[PAD]
Supertester
165 posts
12,019 battles

My guess:

1-1 Haruna mental model

1-2 Haruna

1-3 Kirishima mental model

1-4 Kirishima

Completion: Hiei

2-1 500k credit

2-2 Iona mental model

2-3 None

Completion: Hiei mental model

Beta Tester
68 posts
1,821 battles

I like that missions.

In my opinion people overrate the impact of kill missions on the gameplay. I ALWAYS try to primarily kill almost dead ships, because even a ship with 1hp can still shoot back and deal damage as it has full hp. And I really don't care if somebody feels cheated about a the kill credit...

[BOTES]
Community Contributor
243 posts
8,282 battles

They give the Haruna commander with Hiei ship, and the Hiei commander with the Haruna ship? Even by WG standards that must be a mist

​I'm partially speculating there. Commander!Hiei is the end reward for one mission, Ship!Hiei is the end reward for the other.  With Commander!Haruna as an earlier reward for Sisters it's kinda symmetrical for Ship!Haruna to be the reward for the second phase of Captain Extraction.  I'm assuming they've split it like that to encourage people to go for both missions.

Edited by Yuzral

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
24,006 battles

Takao...i wanna TAKAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Take an ATAGO....call it TAKAO, paint red stripes on her flank, assign a sexy Takao :P like capitain and set all like reward :playing:

Takao-Fan-Club.jpg

Edited by OOAndreasOO
  • Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Well that is a bit much. Those 100 kills I think are a bad choice simply because of how those missions impact gameplay.

I know a lot of people complained about not being able to contribute to these missions when doing Ranked, but I think it's a big mistake to let Kill-missions work in Ranked...

• Cool 1

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

Thank god I'm not into this anime stuff...

Neither were I, but after I watched some episodes I have to say that the thing is really entertaining. I wish I had those anime when I was a child, instead of all the Heidi & co BS.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,994 battles

Thank god I'm not into this anime stuff...

While I do enjoy the occasional anime (was way more into it about 10 years ago), I haven't watched Arpeggio.

But on the other hand I like collecting ships, so I'll be doing these missions for that reason alone. Also gives me another reason to play which is always welcome.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

My guess:

1-1 Haruna mental model

1-2 Haruna

1-3 Hei mental model

1-4 Hei

2-1 500k credit

2-2 1 million credits

2-3 Hei 16 point mental model + 5 Papa Papa signals

FTFY

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

While I do enjoy the occasional anime (was way more into it about 10 years ago), I haven't watched Arpeggio.

But on the other hand I like collecting ships, so I'll be doing these missions for that reason alone. Also gives me another reason to play which is always welcome.

I'm not into anime much myself. But in this case I did my homework. And actually I found the serie quite good. Of course with ridiculous Japanese explosions, ship/ people abilities which defy any sense of psyhical laws and no win scenario's who turn out well by some retina detaching miracle. But that's part of the fun IMO. I'm just waiting for my ARP ships to be able to split open and being able to melt the reds in 1 glorious salvo!

Sign in to follow this