Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Anyone seen Ectar lately?

27 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,999 posts

His last post dates from January 28th, and he was on holiday (per profile status) until February 6th... But after that all is silent (he is active on the WoT-forums). We've got three other CM's who are doing the best they can, but with not firing on all pistons, I'm afraid we will glide back to the dark ages of non-information from last year, in which CM input was abysmal, and what was posted did not meet the quality standards the other servers have in terms of news and care.

Has he been transfered? Other reasons?

• Cool 1

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
205 posts

Ectar is good guy. 

Indeed, I am suggesting that he is too pro the forum population, but I note that English isn't your first language so you might not understand the "dry" humour.

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

now that you say it i have not seen him around either, its a shame because i really like to read his post i usually find them interesting so well i hope he will be back soon :bajan:

not to take anything away from the rest of the CC's they are doing a great job :medal:

Edited by Mindfulcrane07

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

From time to time you can find him streaming on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/murphy1up

Last broadcast on Feb 28, 2016

E:he is in his chanells chat atm. :sceptic:

Edited by KptStrzyga

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,782 battles

Given some of the people who post in this forum, I wouldn't blame him if he deliberately avoided it. I know many people who now don't bother with this forum thanks to the poison spread in the past. There is only so much troll feeding that can be done.

Having said that, the Community team have been much more active recently and MrConway and Phelan post all the time. Given Ectar is responsible for all the WG titles, it makes sense to delegate and allocate responsibility amongst the team.

Overall, I think they are doing a good job. :honoring:

• Cool 2

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

Given some of the people who post in this forum, I wouldn't blame him if he deliberately avoided it. I know many people who now don't bother with this forum thanks to the poison spread in the past. There is only so much troll feeding that can be done.

Having said that, the Community team have been much more active recently and MrConway and Phelan post all the time. Given Ectar is responsible for all the WG titles, it makes sense to delegate and allocate responsibility amongst the team.

when the vast majority of information on the EU forums comes from 3rd party sites and diligent forum members posting translations from the other language forums that their active community managers are sharing with their fanbase I have to disagree somewhat about the quality of the job they are doing especially regarding the amount of information they post.

the most we seem to get is the odd message to reign in our imaginations when some new information is found (without their assistance or provision) and members start making speculations about how it will affect the game

Edited by AegeanGhost
  • Cool 3

[HAERT]
1,999 posts

Given some of the people who post in this forum, I wouldn't blame him if he deliberately avoided it.

While it's true that the CM's often take the brunt of the discontent, much would have been resolved if the EU wouldn't always get the leanest deals and least rewards in terms of contests, pricing,...

Beta Tester
191 posts

Ectar has been on the wot forums today. Saw in the thread about esports and how wg spent $32 million since 2012 setting wot up for it.:amazed:

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,782 battles

While it's true that the CM's often take the brunt of the discontent, much would have been resolved if the EU wouldn't always get the leanest deals and least rewards in terms of contests, pricing,...

I think even you would agree that things have improved significantly in that respect.

[HAERT]
1,999 posts

I think even you would agree that things have improved significantly in that respect.

I wholeheartedly do, but we're not there yet at all. There are steps being taken in the right direction, but the EU is still lagging behind (NA gave away Tier VIII Lo Yangs, Kutuzovs,... for forum competitions, here the best you can get is a Tier V).

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,278 battles

His last post dates from January 28th, and he was on holiday (per profile status) until February 6th... But after that all is silent (he is active on the WoT-forums). We've got three other CM's who are doing the best they can, but with not firing on all pistons, I'm afraid we will glide back to the dark ages of non-information from last year, in which CM input was abysmal, and what was posted did not meet the quality standards the other servers have in terms of news and care.

Has he been transfered? Other reasons?

I am quite sure that he has been transferred. There was no point for WGEU to keep him in WoWs taking into account what was going on forums.

CM who gets constantly bashed by the "community" is usually removed. It does not matter that it was not really his fault...

I personally miss him, and would be glad to see him here again, but even if it is his personal decision I understand why.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,782 battles

I wholeheartedly do, but we're not there yet at all. There are steps being taken in the right direction, but the EU is still lagging behind (NA gave away Tier VIII Lo Yangs, Kutuzovs,... for forum competitions, here the best you can get is a Tier V).

But I am sure many people understand why NA is treated differently. They are obviously trying to get the player population/retention higher as the numbers are significantly lower than the EU.
  • Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Supertester
1,041 posts
3,463 battles

Ectar is streaming atm

And please,i hope we dont start this NA discussion again:P

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,599 battles
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,782 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

On a totally unrelated note:

Ev1n.png

Welcome back Ev1n.

Ev1n.png

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

But I am sure many people understand why NA is treated differently. They are obviously trying to get the player population/retention higher as the numbers are significantly lower than the EU.

May be the announced US premiums will help in this regard.

[HAERT]
1,999 posts

And please,i hope we dont start this NA discussion again:P

If the EU and NA CM's announce with much fanfare "that we finally came to a point in which there will be semi uniformity between the EU and NA in terms of contests, prizes,...", but the results aren't there to back it up, it's the right thing to demand the equalish treatment that was promised.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,744 battles

He only want Ectar back so he can complain more... oh wait, he only needs Ectar's name and he has succeeded.

Sign in to follow this