You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ginger_General

How to solve teamkilling

Credit penalty  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Credit penalty double the damage done in repairs given to the friendly ship affected

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Make it impossible for allied ships to destroy armaments or propulsion on friendly ships

• yes
    • no

45 comments in this topic

Players
46 posts
6,719 battles

Just played a T10 game in the Montana, where an Izumo was teamkilling me from start to finish.

My full repairs for the game were 300k and yet I get nowhere near that in reimbursement from the guy shooting me.

Anyone else think the credit cost should be doubled and given to the ship hit by friendly fire?

Would totally discourage it and put an end to it.

A side note, when I was playing my NC, I had a Colorado blow up one of my front two turrets, so I could do 1/2 damage for the majority of the game as you don't want to show broadside in an NC when out tiered.

Going to add that to the poll.

Edited by Ginger_General

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

It would be a good start if the fines teamkillers pay and the reimbursement you receive is actually proportional to the repair costs rather than just being a mere pittance.

• Cool 2

[XFS]
[XFS]
Players
179 posts
10,982 battles

All that is needed for WG to take off team damage mode,

However it would be good if the team killers dident get any credits or exp out of the game,accidents do happen but this should be for all team damage including accidents

This way ?

Not alot would team kill/damage "hopefully" and the person who has the accient will learn its a heavy cost to his/her mistakes and would be more carefull in the future

Players
3,607 posts
7,323 battles

All that is needed for WG to take off team damage mode,

However it would be good if the team killers dident get any credits or exp out of the game,accidents do happen but this should be for all team damage including accidents

This way ?

Not alot would team kill/damage "hopefully" and the person who has the accient will learn its a heavy cost to his/her mistakes and would be more carefull in the future

Perhaps include a de minimis amount of damage before you impose the penalty, I managed to sink a friendly CV yesterday, either by secondaries or collision, either way he must have lost 99% of his health already so a full penalty for a few hundred HP team damage seems excessive.

Players
46 posts
6,719 battles

Perhaps include a de minimis amount of damage before you impose the penalty, I managed to sink a friendly CV yesterday, either by secondaries or collision, either way he must have lost 99% of his health already so a full penalty for a few hundred HP team damage seems excessive.

Good Idea

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

I am amazed that this isnt in the game. But the team damager should pay the percentage of the repair bill for the percentage of damage they do.

1% team damage? -> pay 1% of their repair bill

50% team damage? -> pay 50% of their repair bill

100% team damage? -> pay 100% of their repair bill

In my opinion a victim can not profit from being team killed or you open the doors to credit transfers. Which WG apparently doesnt want to do since it is not in the game.

However, the victim also should not loose money because of it. (and only repair bill, not fuel or ammo bill)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
447 posts
844 battles

The teamkiller gets a quite high bill for his actions... but the fine is not given to the victim... he get's less. I guess it's so that nobody can exploit it by luring other players into damaging them and then collecting the cash.

Apart from the fine, teamkiller also get their teamdamage returned on them... so they have to pay the fine + their own repair costs... most of the time it's enough to prevent players from letting their anger go.

I've only seen few teamkillers in this game, not as many as for example in WoT or other games.

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

ban them all, introduce some sort of review system where players get rewards for reviewing such "rare" cases etc

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

I am amazed that this isnt in the game. But the team damager should pay the percentage of the repair bill for the percentage of damage they do.

In my opinion a victim can not profit from being team killed or you open the doors to credit transfers. Which WG apparently doesnt want to do since it is not in the game.

However, the victim also should not loose money because of it. (and only repair bill, not fuel or ammo bill)

Imagine a very bad player that usualy doesn't get out of a tight spot and doesn't care much for winning and has anti-social tendencies and generally doesn't care for teamplay. So about 40% of the playerbase. ( ;) :P j/k. 38% obviously)

Imagine that person realises the ship has been put (by that player) in a situation where it is about to die due to the opposition being in a better condition, position, etc. Now that player wants to minimise the cost to themselves. How to do this? Fight on and do your best is what a good player would do, see if you can get more damage dealt. But this player thinks differently: sail into the line of friendly torps that happens to come by! Why? Because of the upsides to the downsides of dieing by teammates: death by enemy is full cost for own cost, but when a friendly kills that friendly becomes responsible for part of the bill. On top of that, these players aren't bound to the "already lost match" anymore and can instantly start a new one while muttering about how everyone else is at fault for them losing that match.

Basically, you create stimuli for getting TK'ed or provoking team damage. And this actually has happened in other games.

Personally I'm fine with the situation where a pink player who damages another player damages their own ship double. I'd rather see the damage dealt to the friendlies by such players halfed too though, with the original "would have damage" being the basis on sanctions on that player.

• Cool 2

Players
240 posts
1,303 battles

It's an absolute scourge at the weekend (in my opinion anyway).

Day off work, decided to play some ships, take out the new Premium ship, torped and sunk by a friendly (36% wr) as soon as his torps were loaded. 

Switched to the minekaze, torped and sunk by a friendly (40.2% wr) while exiting spawn.

I guess I'll be doing something else today. 

Players
260 posts
12,369 battles

How about this; kill a team mate you lose a captains skill point. Your commander is demoted for negligence, now that is a serious consequence, specially at higher tiers.

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
170 posts
23,337 battles

The injured party should be compensated  for the damage caused to them by their teammate.

The offender could be charged double the cost of damage inflicted as a penalty. If they were to damage friendly ships in the next match, the damage could then be triple the cost and go up in consecutive matches if they carry on damaging team mates.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
208 posts

3rd option for poll:

- banned from ranked/ random until win 20 battles vs ai without damaging your allies

• Cool 1

Players
1,058 posts
7,676 battles

Guys, this is an ancient thread. The current system already prevents pink ships from TKing people. One accidental shot and BB not repairing the fire will get you pink these days. Team damage is also nerfed when you are pink, while you take punishment damage for the team damage you do.

[HAVEN]
Players
719 posts
6,164 battles

1. Teamkiller pays all of your ships expenses, camo and consumables.

2. No damage can be caused to either the guns, secondarys, AA, propulsion, flooding, fires.

3. Temp bans - 10mins for 1st and double for each one while pink.

Beta Tester
96 posts
6,950 battles

How to get rid of teamkilling?

Just remove the ability to damage friendlies from the game.

I don't get it why team damage is even in this game.

Pointless mechanic in WoWs.

Teamdamage doesn't add anything interesting to the game, the compensation will never be fair.

I prefer servers with team damage on certain types of games, faster games, but I always found it odd that WG had that mechanic in their f2p games.

The only thing it adds is toxicity, bad players ruining the match and unfair compensation.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Teamdamage doesn't add anything interesting to the game, the compensation will never be fair.

I prefer servers with team damage on certain types of games, faster games, but I always found it odd that WG had that mechanic in their f2p games.

The only thing it adds is toxicity, bad players ruining the match and unfair compensation.

It is a pointless mechanic, all it does is annoy everyone. WG love to create friction between players even when your all on the same side.

[WGP2W]
Players
746 posts
13,044 battles

It is a pointless mechanic, all it does is annoy everyone. WG love to create friction between players even when your all on the same side.

I disagree. It's annoying to have griefers go after you, but I haven't met a single one in months now, and they shouldn't design the game around those who doesn't want to play it. If they remove team damage, they also make a big change to the meta: on higher tiers torpedoes move quite far and you can now spam them from second line with no consequence if you hit a friendly. There would be no incentive to look at the map and check for potential allies. Torpedo boats could "support" knife fights by just covering the entire thing with torpedoes, free of risk. When you are about to die, you could always shoot your torps at random stuff, again free of risk. It would make the game less interesting imo.

As for giving monetary compensation and imposing proportional cost of all (camo, consumables, ect) I'm all for it.

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

I disagree. It's annoying to have griefers go after you, but I haven't met a single one in months now, and they shouldn't design the game around those who doesn't want to play it. If they remove team damage, they also make a big change to the meta: on higher tiers torpedoes move quite far and you can now spam them from second line with no consequence if you hit a friendly. There would be no incentive to look at the map and check for potential allies. Torpedo boats could "support" knife fights by just covering the entire thing with torpedoes, free of risk. When you are about to die, you could always shoot your torps at random stuff, again free of risk. It would make the game less interesting imo.

As for giving monetary compensation and imposing proportional cost of all (camo, consumables, ect) I'm all for it.

I'm not just talking about griefers. Team damage can be caused in many ways.

Take a battle I had the other day. I slowed down in my DD, popped some smoke and started shooting an enemy BB, who should decide to come into the smoke with me, another friendly DD who thought it was a cleaver idea to sail in between me and the enemy BB, not only that but he sailed so close to me are paint was scrapping. While I'm happily shooting the enemy BB in sniper mode I get that [edited]message "Don't fire at your allies" and good job I didn't fire my torpedoes off. That DD was stupid plain and simple and it should be his fault for pulling a move like that, what did he think was going to happen.

Team damage isn't just all about griefing, there lots of situations that can cause it. Get shot of it once and for all.

[PRAVD]
Players
386 posts
8,044 battles

How about this; kill a team mate you lose a captains skill point. Your commander is demoted for negligence, now that is a serious consequence, specially at higher tiers.

this has got to be one of the better ideas out there, and bans for tk.

And a review system for when a tk occurs so you don't get penalties for bad team mates.

Had a kutuzov sail into my torps once that almost killed him, there was no way those should've hit unless he actively tried to get hit.

[RTRUK]
[RTRUK]
Beta Tester
78 posts
8,131 battles

team killing is one, but should be investigated.

Now some people dont seem to care where they sail, but the wrong one getting the penalty is insane.

Did 7(!) HP damage to one of these dorks when avoiding torpedoes. Get pink for Teamkiller. Ye right. 7 HP damage out of 12.000. Scratch on paint and not even on purpose.

If this is the way. If you want to punish no probs, but there has to be a reason.

Some one ramming is not the same as colliding. As one coincidental friendly hit is not an act of aggression.

The latter ofcourse should be punished...

Those who are so eager on punishments are no better than the ones causing damage on purpose.

Edited by zeeschuimer

Players
240 posts
1,303 battles

Well... Tried to play again today, had a BB in my sites, waited patiently behind hard cover at 3/4 speed, timed it, hit boost and made straight for him just as He turned and showed his full broadside to me. 

I hit the brakes, turned hard, let off a volley of torps and low and behold... Got a torp warning from behind me and BANG!!! 

Sunk by yet another player with a 37.50% win rate :angry:

My torps sank that final BB and I finished top damage, but I'm getting sick of being sunk by people who are obviously not even trying to learn. 

Players
1,246 posts
17,308 battles

Causing/taking team damage or team kills should never become profiteable for obvious reasons.

I do like the not being able to take out critical systems.

Edited by SkybuckFlying

Players
11 posts
22,841 battles

This system about team killer sucks, for example today i throw some torps at distance for one BB, i checked before send them and no one going in that direction, only one guy near who parked the ship behind one island, well the guy decided put engines on and turn direction after this and even in this case he had to sail a bit for right in front of my torps, he stole one kill from me and is stupidity make me gain the team killer status, for not end in another fight i fired at one ship, was one friendly ship near going in front but not in line of fire, in the end he was almost dead and decided ramming the other ship in last moment and changed direction, with the dispersion ( i was in one N. Carolina firing at 16 kms) i made 678 points damage but...sunk the guy and then KILLER TEAM STATUS for all day, so the way how we are being awarded whit that status SUCKS!! so the people who are asking about bans or demoting captains...NO COMMENTS (they not going be nice).