Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MishkinIta

Arpeggio missions stolen, big fail imho

17 comments in this topic

[FBEBO]
Players
3 posts
2,310 battles

Hi all,

I m actually strongly disappointed from the Arpeggio missions stolen.

It was written "till 29/02", today is 29/02, in my country "till 29/02" it means till 23:59 of the day (if you dont write a specific hour like in this case).

In WoT for example its always written "till 07:00 a.m. 31/03" or something like that

This is imho a HUGE fail of a great company who created a great game

Players
63 posts
2,590 battles

Did both missions in 2 weeks with only playing Fuso for both missions and it took me 2 weeks cause im working monday to saturday.So if you couldnt do it in 2 months its your fault.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

+1 to blinkster

Also did both missions in bit over 2 weeks. If there is missions, i rather do them right away than panic near deadline.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

It did say somewhere that the mission would end at 6:10 on the 29th. Don't think it was in-game though... there are few pointers I would want the WOWS team to take from WOT, but the garage/port GUI is one of them.

[FBEBO]
Players
3 posts
2,310 battles

Did both missions in 2 weeks with only playing Fuso for both missions and it took me 2 weeks cause im working monday to saturday.So if you couldnt do it in 2 months its your fault.

+1 to blinkster

Also did both missions in bit over 2 weeks. If there is missions, i rather do them right away than panic near deadline.

No logic in this answers sry guys:

maybe i m a worker while you are students

maybe i m a casual players while you are focused on WoWS

maybe i m lazy while u are hard core gamer

maybe i just installed the game one week ago while u are long time players

maybe i m a crap in WoWS while u are pro

.......anyway rules are rules.......deadline not clearly written in the game with day AND hour? missions stolen!! no doubt, ask to your brothers or sisters studying laws  ;-)

Edited by MishkinIta

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
90 posts
7,887 battles

maybe i m a worker while you are students

maybe i m a casual players while you are focused on WoWS

maybe i m lazy while u are hard core gamer

maybe i just installed the game one week ago while u are long time players

maybe i m a crap in WoWS while u are pro

.......anyway rules are rules.......deadline not clearly written in the game with day AND hour? missions stolen!! no doubt, ask to your brothers or sisters studying laws  ;-)

Maybe you should check when missons end.......

Beta Tester
170 posts
3,612 battles

Sooo you want WG to time it after each players timezone? Is it really that surprising that it runs after the time on the server? 

Players
52 posts
1,973 battles

Don't worry, there will be other ARP missions for you to run out of time on. And these will come back next year or so. The ships themselves are nothing more then duplicates of the ingame elited versions with a fancy skin. And be glad.. have you SEEN the ARP Myoko? It's teamkiller pink, for crying out loud... this is why you don't let women choose the paint for ships... they pick something to match their shoes...

Players
1,008 posts

Even I managed the Kongo one. Had no intention of driving a bright pink Myoko though so didnt bother with that, as I had a regular Myoko. But seriously, the time limit given was plenty. Complaining you didnt get a couple of free ships because you didnt manage to complete the missions in the time frame given is lame.

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Stealing refers to someone taking items or belongings that were, ahem, belonging to you, for himself.

So nobody stole anything Im afraid.

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

maybe i m a worker while you are students Check

maybe i m a casual players while you are focused on WoWS Multiple games, work etc

maybe i m lazy while u are hard core gamer You had 2 months

maybe i just installed the game one week ago while u are long time players Mission was tier limited

maybe i m a crap in WoWS while u are pro No need to be pro to complete this one

.......anyway rules are rules.......deadline not clearly written in the game with day AND hour? missions stolen!! no doubt, ask to your brothers or sisters studying laws  ;-) Mission conditions change sometimes, so do deadlines. Its expected that mission deadlines are tied to server time

I rest my case here.

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

The only blunder I see here is accusing a few hours lag for not having been able to complete missions which have been around for 2 months. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

Allright'y, you want to be that guy, let's dance:

First: you agreed to an EULA upon registering and installing the game. Said EULA makes it very clear that any and all content and service provided to you as the player stand to sole discretion of Wargaming. If Wargaming decides to end an event, whichever reasons and results there may be, they are not liable to any legal actions as they never guaranteed you anything. The only interaction between Wargaimg your yourself that are liable to contractual obligations are those involving monetary transactions whose handling might deviate according to any superceding national law if any conflict between Wargaming and yourself can't be handled in-house.

Secondly: the day upon which these missions would end was documented. It was you who interpreted the alloted timeframe wrong. The server restarting 5am in the morning is an information that is not withheld from anyone and it only stands to reason that any conclusion of events with a limited timeframe would conclude upon server restart, which can only mean the 29th of February, 5am. This not having been plastered all over the event in big neon signs doesn't constitute any failure of communication. If you had questions as to the exact moment the event would end, all informations were a single competent Google search away from your grasp and as mentioned above, Wargaming is in no form whatsoever obligated to provide you anymore details than they deem necessary.

Thirdly: you don't hold any property rights over any content within this game and its promotions (as is explicitely stated in the EULA you agreed to!). Ergo nothing was stolen, or otherwise deprived from you. For someone who's advising his peers to inform themselves on legality, you ought to take your own advice before you de facto accuse Wargaming of criminal activity.

Edited by Aotearas
  • Cool 1

Players
90 posts
3,703 battles

As probably mentioned somewhere, your time zone is probably different.

So really the event finished at probably 23:59/00:00 wherever the time zone is that the reset clock goes by.

Also to add stolen??, you had 2 months.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

This has been an issue with WG for as long as I can remember.

Missed several discounts because of this.

It's even more of a problem since they started integrating events into their in-game UI, because they refuse to state exact times there, just dates.

Annoying but ultimately a minor issue all things considered. Just live and learn and always check at what time events end in the original news post.

Sign in to follow this