Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aXXoTiVo

Massively Upset (ARP Missions)

25 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
711 battles

So I woke up to find that the current ARP missions have now ended. I have gained the Kongo but I was on stage 3 of the Myoko when I went to seep. Now the challenge has gone I really don't think I want to do the next stages since I'm missing her and I won't have the set. I thought the missions lasted thought the missions lasted the whole day. Meh   

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles

The mission went until February 29th. Servers get reset at 5 in the morning so at 5:01 today, the mission finished.

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
742 posts
4,537 battles

Yes, they told it, that the event end at 29.02.2016 and today is the 29.2.2016. Nothing wrong with it.

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
711 battles

I mean I don't mind it sending as I knew it would, I was just under the impression it was later on tonight :/ I would have finished it last night if I knew. RIP. 

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

Having events end on the end of the actual date, instead of a rather arbitrary server reset time would be the normal thing to do. The average player doesn't pick up on obscure details like this. I'm sure a lot of people, especially non-forumites got surprised by this.

• Cool 3

Players
130 posts
7,668 battles

I mean I don't mind it sending as I knew it would, I was just under the impression it was later on tonight :/ I would have finished it last night if I knew. RIP.

So far, all challenges and events ended around 5 - 6 am on the announced day (unless no other ending conditions are specified). I don't recall if they announced this in particular for the ARP missions, but it is consistent with previous end times. Sorry pal.

Personally, I failed hard at the Myoko challenge, but then again I don't like her that much that I had to have her. I'm glad I got Kongo and am now looking forward to the arrival of Kirishima, Iona and Haruna.

Players
130 posts
7,668 battles

Having events end on the end of the actual date, instead of a rather arbitrary server reset time would be the normal thing to do. The average player doesn't pick up on obscure details like this. I'm sure a lot of people, especially non-forumites got surprised by this.

Considering how long those two challenges were up now it seems a bit nitpicky to me to actually complain about a handful of hours back and forth, don't you think? I can see your point here though.
  • Cool 1

Players
6 posts
711 battles

Yeah that's what I thought would be the better option.  

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

Considering how long those two challenges were up now it seems a bit nitpicky to me to actually complain about a handful of hours back and forth, don't you think? I can see your point here though.

I see your point too. The time provided for the mission was good. No complaints there. I'm just saying that with a more predictable closure, it would have been perfect.

Players
6 posts
711 battles

So far, all challenges and events ended around 5 - 6 am on the announced day (unless no other ending conditions are specified). I don't recall if they announced this in particular for the ARP missions, but it is consistent with previous end times. Sorry pal.

Personally, I failed hard at the Myoko challenge, but then again I don't like her that much that I had to have her. I'm glad I got Kongo and am now looking forward to the arrival of Kirishima, Iona and Haruna.

I just wanted the whole set aha, gonna feel unfinished now I don't have her. 

Players
130 posts
7,668 battles

I just wanted the whole set aha, gonna feel unfinished now I don't have her.

Maybe they'll add them someday in the premium shop?

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,185 battles

Maybe they'll add them someday in the premium shop?

Not a chance !!

ARP ships are available in port as long as WG is paying the license. If they decide to stop paying, they will be removed from our ports.

Selling them in premium shop would force them to keep on paying the license as long as the game goes on.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

They'll probably end up in new events at some point. I agree though that not just giving a date and a random time, but a specific time of a specific time zone is important for players who have to plan their grinds around specific hours.

Beta Tester
4,175 posts
9,473 battles

Not a chance !!

ARP ships are available in port as long as WG is paying the license. If they decide to stop paying, they will be removed from our ports.

Selling them in premium shop would force them to keep on paying the license as long as the game goes on.

Why do you assume WG paid anything at all? Or that it's a time limited license?

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
577 posts
6,286 battles

guys, i took 7 days to make both the missions... really, how can someone  fail in this?

Edited by orlathebeast

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

guys, i took 7 days to make both the missions... really, how can someone  fail in this?

Real Life, starting late, only having a few hours a day, etc? Lots of reasons. Don't be a jerk to others for no reason. People aren't you.
  • Cool 1

Players
744 posts
7,384 battles

OP, do you leave everything to the last second in real life as well?

if you dont due to learning that you can fail to get things done on time ... why the surprise and hurt?

If you do ... think I've found something you really need to fix in your life!

Edited by ShuggieHamster
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

if you dont due to learning that you can fail to get things done on time ... why the surprise and hurt?

If he was at 90% done and it was late in front of a monday. Some people have to work and say "well, I'll just do that tomorrow then".

Why the need to belittle people for something that is simply a planning issue due to vagueness on the end of Wargaming? Have a need to feel better about yourself?

• Cool 1

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

If he was at 90% done and it was late in front of a monday. Some people have to work and say "well, I'll just do that tomorrow then".

Why the need to belittle people for something that is simply a planning issue due to vagueness on the end of Wargaming? Have a need to feel better about yourself?

probably does. its just how some people work

[PK11]
Beta Tester
610 posts
9,928 battles

Can see how it can upset you to be close but to be denied.

If possible, take it as some added knowledge for the future. As someone else already pointed out, the events usually begin and end on Server reset time. When I saw that the mission was ending on a Monday I knew it's the weekend where the mission actually ends. Not the end of month.

Enjoy the Kongo :-)

Players
6 posts
711 battles

Wasn't that I left it till the last minute, I was doing a major group project for university to I literally only had a few hours if that every other night. The project finished just before the weekend so it was all I was doing throughout the weekend. It wasn't that the time limit wasn't enough since that ridiculous, it was the fact I though we had the full 29th day to finish the challenge as I left the last part for this day since its a full free day for me. And since the challenge doesn't come out till tomorrow we have had a full day doing nothing when some could have been finishing off the others. :) 

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,185 battles

Why do you assume WG paid anything at all? Or that it's a time limited license?

That's what the devs said in a Q&A a few weeks ago.

At this time, WG bought a 1 year license for Arpeggio and said the ships wil remain in ports as long as they will renew the license.

Sign in to follow this