Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xeransa

New ARP ship event up in Asia

52 comments in this topic

Players
349 posts
2,909 battles

Out of curiosity.................why are they dead set against people selling ARP ships? It's just another competition like the Kamikaze R, which you can sell!

Speculation? 

They're handing out quite a few of them.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,645 battles

Now that's an easy event. Though you get yet another exact copy of Kongo - color is the only difference. And why in hell would I use untrained Iona if I already have better captains?

Players
69 posts

Speculation? 

They're handing out quite a few of them.

If you go to the link provided by the OP, you will see that they state that ARP ships cannot be sold.....................I am only curious as to why!

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

Well, she may be named Kirishima, but she still looks like Hiei, just like Kongo. I wish there was a mod to give each of the ARP Kongo class the correct structures.

[DSW]
Players
3,784 posts
7,726 battles

honestly, I hope we get some slightly more interesting missions than just "do damage"... I can't really imagine any more boring objective, well except "play X battles"... no sense of achievement in that...

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
696 posts
12,439 battles

Out of curiosity.................why are they dead set against people selling ARP ships? It's just another competition like the Kamikaze R, which you can sell!

Because the vast majority of players probably would not want to keep them (no premium bonus, only a new skin and a new nation for captains) and just take the port slot. That would not look to good for the marketing of their cooperation...:hmm:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

Well, she may be named Kirishima, but she still looks like Hiei, just like Kongo. I wish there was a mod to give each of the ARP Kongo class the correct structures.

Apart from that, they could have given them slightly different stats, with one having, for instance, some more AA, another one more range for main guns, another one slightly faster... That would give some incentive to get what is actually the same ship 4 times.
  • Cool 5

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

The new corrosive torp effect is much appreciated. Now all we need is the tracers and different voices! 

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

Sounds great! And I'm satisfied with the "do X damage" missions. In the last episode where we had to destroy X ships/ Y planes or set Z fires it disrupted the games very much. Yes me too headed straight to the cruisers/ DD's to affirm the kills whithout paying attention to anything else... But why the Iona figure in particular? That voiceover is being used in the ARP Kong/ Myoko already??

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

But why the Iona figure in particular? That voiceover is being used in the ARP Kong/ Myoko already??

Hopefully they have plans to introduce voices for each individual commander (A Q&A did say they had plans to, but I never take these things as gospel). The way the audio files are managed would make this easy, and would actually give an incentive to have different commanders (otherwise, you'd just use the one with most XP on all of them).

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,996 battles

I cannot understand why their "camo" doesn't at least provide the benefits of the type 1/2 camo that we can equip the normal versions of the ships.

This omission puts them in a disadvantage in comparison to the normal ones.

Also, great idea by JapLance!

Apart from that, they could have given them slightly different stats, with one having, for instance, some more AA, another one more range for main guns, another one slightly faster... That would give some incentive to get what is actually the same ship 4 times.

If they plan on giving us 4 versions of the Kongo, at least make it a bit different in minor stats. Just to give an illusion of diversity.

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

Aww, Iona as mental model and not Kirishima herself?

Or do you get both?

[BOTES]
Community Contributor
243 posts
8,259 battles
Damanta - the way I'm reading the article suggests not but hey, I could be wrong.  We'll find out for sure just as soon as someone grinds 2million damage.  That said, using Iona rather than Kirishima puzzles me as well, especially since the article mentions that Kirishima will be getting more content later on (voice pack?  Hard to see what else since her commander art is already in).

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

Yay for cool torpedo effects.

Easy mission that can be done in one day and not big reward. I can live with that.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
7,668 battles

If I read the news correctly, you get a "complete" Kirishima and in ADDITION Iona as an extra commander. I like it! Also the new torpedo effects are much appreciated. And it is also hinted that more ARP specific effects, voices and ships are on the way.

This excites me greatly, even more than the annoucement of the new russian cruiser line. That Trailer is also quite nice... indicating that Haruna might be next after this! YAY!

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

This excites me greatly, even more than the annoucement of the new russian cruiser line. That Trailer is also quite nice... indicating that Haruna might be next after this! YAY!

I really would like for Haruharu to come with a voice pack. I am still salty about Kongo voice.
  • Cool 1

Players
130 posts
7,668 battles

I really would like for Haruharu to come with a voice pack. I am still salty about Kongo voice.

Well, it seems Wargaming plans to add the correct voices over time.... we'll see, soon enough I hope.

In the meantime: enjoy the intro to Arpeggio of Blue Steel ARS NOVA, if you aren't familiar with it yet or just like to see and hear it, like I do :-)

Sign in to follow this