OOAndreasOO

World of DD

474 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,919 battles

Lately I verify most battles are won by squad with better DD players.

I think DD have too relevance in game.

That's expecially starting by tier VI, when light cruisers disappear by tech trees

Slow rate fire and low maneauverability of Heavy cruisers make them not good to hunt and defend fleet by DD.

That's allows DD to be overpowered respect other classes. 

Edited by OOAndreasOO
  • Cool 5

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
543 posts
8,592 battles

"  http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45168-top-tier-dd-infestation/  "

"Thread Close due a existing Thread already, please use Search next time."

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,070 battles

That's expecially starting by tier VI, when light cruisers disappear by tech trees

Slow rate fire and low maneauverability of Heavy cruisers make them not good to hunt and defend fleet by DD.

And another DD whine.

CAs can counter DDs IF the rest of the team plays together. That means spotting with planes (CV!), plus Gunboat-DDs chasing other DDs.

A lone CA is prey the same way a BB is and will never catch a DD that knows what he is doing.

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,919 battles

New and original topics take too much brain activity.

Yes but in my topic i explain why DD are such OP in high tiers matches

The naural enemy of DD is CL....not CH (that's also in real sea-warfare)

If no high tiers CL what can hunt DD?

Cruisers are not all equals. CL have an employment and CH a different one!

St. Louis (even if too slow), Tenryu, Kuma, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland are all perfect DD hunters.

What are high tiers DD hunters?

Edited by OOAndreasOO

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles

Can't say I'm more afraid of an Omaha when playing tier 5 then i am of a Zao when playing tier 10. Yes, the Omaha can turn and fire a bit faster, the Zao however kills you extremely quickly given the chance. A good CA-player in a good CA is actually very scary and while you can keep away and stay alive (just, you can't really outrun him) he can shut you down entirely whereas an Omaha is squishy enough that I'd be confident to take one on 1 v 1 in a Nicholas or Gremyachy given I can choose the place and how to engage (which generally is the case in a DD).

That said, to effectively hunt and kill DD's you don't need one ship, you need cooperation. There are two exceptions to this: a good CV player at high tiers can kill a DD and a USN DD can kill another DD, although not always and without taking punishment ot, with bad luck dying. Now you may think that's not fair, CA's should be DD counters, "counter" here means having an advantage, not auto-winning: A DD going after a BB isn't an auto win either. High tier BB vs CA may be, but it's pretty much generally accepted this is wrong and should be rectified.

I think there are other ways the class dynamics could be achieved that would be better and less artificial, but that's not to say what we have doesn't work at all.

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,788 battles

I think they need to limit the amount of DDs in a single match, I have a game a few hours ago with 10 DDs and you could have walked from on ship to another without getting your feet wet for the amount of torps in the water, I'm not destroyer bashing because I love playing my minekaze and shimma, when I'm feeling annoyed I love jumping into my DD

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
847 posts

Well, I disagree. T VI and VII has no real DD problem, that is just whining there. From T VIII+ in I can somehow agree, there are more DDs than there were month ago. If I should take the VI + argument seriously, maybe we should talk about Minekaze. Because that ship is more of a problem than Mutsuki and Hatsuharu combined. 

Edited by N00b32

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,788 battles

Well, I disagree. T VI and VII has no real DD problem, that is just whining there. From T VIII+ in I can somehow agree, there are more DDs than there were month ago. If I should take the VI + argument seriously, maybe we should talk about Minekaze. Because that ship is more of a problem than Mutsuki and Hatsuharu combined. 

Leave my minekaze alone 

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,070 battles

Cruisers are not all equals. CL have an employment and CH a different one!

St. Louis (even if too slow), Tenryu, Kuma, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland are all perfect DD hunters.

What are high tiers DD hunters?

What I rate as DD hunters, too are other DDs. The gunboats like RU DDs and with some drawbacks the US DDs, too.

A IJN DD has almost no chance to survive a 1on1 against a RU-DD. And even against US-DDs a IJN loses quite often.

That means that other DDs should focus on their hunting-ability, too. When there is a nice close-quarter fight in a capzone they should go for it.

But only few DDs do.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles

WG, nerf DDs. Even the 'nurf DD plz' evidently have too low detectability. The low tier forumite-class captains can't spot them!

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Can't say I'm more afraid of an Omaha when playing tier 5 then i am of a Zao when playing tier 10. Yes, the Omaha can turn and fire a bit faster, the Zao however kills you extremely quickly given the chance. A good CA-player in a good CA is actually very scary and while you can keep away and stay alive (just, you can't really outrun him) he can shut you down entirely whereas an Omaha is squishy enough that I'd be confident to take one on 1 v 1 in a Nicholas or Gremyachy given I can choose the place and how to engage (which generally is the case in a DD).

And slower firerate is mostly compensated by 203mm guns hurting DDs really lot and being lot harder to dodge unlike for example Cleveland's shells from 10km range.

Unaware and lone lightly armored cruiser is also rather easy target for citadel hits if not at high health.

If player is looking to other direction you can pump couple AP salvoes into him before he has found you.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,486 battles

I am sorry to say but this is pure LTP issue.

600 average XP, 23k average dmg - 2k games

also funy story....in my atago, i ussualy played her in team battles (play atago last night)i kill dd in 2-3 salvos.

when they introduce radar dds will not come to 10 km to cruiser.

Not to mention lets say Des moein (t 10) with its railguns...dd is killed while you say 1-2-3.

pls next topic <.)

Edited by 15JG52Adler

Players
387 posts
2,834 battles

In a DD vs DD stand off you need a bit of luck no matter what tier or nation. Yes russians have a slight advantage if the guns are pointing the right way, and US over the IJN. But how many times have I killed the enemy and then he gets ''it's just a flesh wound'' or the other way around? And to be honest, yes good DD hunters apart from light cruisers are also other DDs and CVs with figher setup. Especially when they park their planes above me. Wish they could run out of fuel and ditch in the sea

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

So the better players shouldnt win?:unsure:

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

And DDs actually need some amount of competence/help from rest of the team because of being unable to stand direct confrontation against most ships.

Unless enemy consists of "rudder disability" players and you're in some IJN torpedo machinegun being able to launch stealth torps at rate of incoming enemies.

Players
790 posts
2,278 battles

And another DD whine.

CAs can counter DDs IF the rest of the team plays together. That means spotting with planes (CV!), plus Gunboat-DDs chasing other DDs.

A lone CA is prey the same way a BB is and will never catch a DD that knows what he is doing.

If you played few games these days with tier 10 ship you wouldnt write this crap. Oh, wait you dont have any. Try to counter 4-5 shmikaze in one team with your amazing theory. :great: Huge DD problem is in tier 9-10 games. Min amout of DDs per team is 4 and its incresing. If WG would not stop this [edited], tier 10 games will be full of DDs with few ships from other classes. AA is too powerfull there. I shot down 30+ Midway planes too easy with Hindenburg and i dont even have full AA stetup. Almost nobody plays CV in tier 10 and too many noob players have their stronk dream shimikaze already. They spamming torps everywhere and camping edge of the map. Its even worse than camping noob with BB. For me is tier 10 dead until WG finally fix that DD nonsense. 
Edited by skvido
  • Cool 4

Players
1,438 posts

This. It is like saying the team with best CA/BB/CVs always win. :amazed:

I still think a lot of people inherently have an issue with the smallest ship in the playground getting the jump on them and that is why you get the 'it's not fair, that little ship got me' comments (granted, it  does sound more out of the norm than 'it's not fair the big BB killed me'). However, this is a game where any ship should have the ability to kill any other ship; so why the annoyance if it happens to be a DD?

One of the best ways to find DDs is with other DDs, so why is it bad when there are a lot of them (on both sides)? These walls of torpedoes that people talk about must be a pain to deal with but so is the wall of artillery if my DD gets spotted (and with my 7km guns I can't hit back either). Except my torps aren't as fast and the reload isn't a matter of seconds.

I will admit that I like a variety of ships in a team (in fact for a stealth DD the less enemy DDs to spot and kill me the better!),  but then all you will get is the next ship size up getting shouted at for not screening :) Which is exactly what is happening in another thread http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/45716-cruisers-refusing-to-screen/.:honoring:

[CATS]
Players
14,623 posts
10,863 battles

Yesterday I spotted three DD at once. I marked one as a focus target.

Guess how many people shot at him during the next two minutes?

One and that was me.

The other DD got no fire either.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,671 posts
8,718 battles

Had a game yesterday with 4 Shimas+ 1 other DD versus 4 Shimas+ Gearing+Benson on the enemy team. Flamu (the streamer) was there too, he might have the madnes on video.

It was as retarded as it can possible get. I was a DM (so much for anti-DD) and I couldnt even get to any cover or retaliate in a meaningful way because I constantly had to squeeze through the neverending carpets from every direction, including those of our own shimas from behind, while enduring the BB-salvoes in between. We didnt even see their Shimas in the first 5 minutes or so, it was mainly the Gearing spotting for them and the Shimas spamming wave after wave from security.

If you dont have an excellent counter (a competent CV or a competent gunboat ) these games are just giant [edited] of ships running from the torpedoswarms like headless chickens. Im not talking about overpowered, but this is just no fun. Not a bit.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 3

[PC]
Players
121 posts

This game is pretty balanced (apart from the point blank range manual torp drops from CV's, but that is another discussion) and is rock, paper, scissors pretty much. The main problem with DD's appearing OP is the total lack of team play and co-ordination between some players as they either want all the kills for themselves to polish their KD, or hide at the back as they don't want to lose their ship and happily watch others take a pounding.