Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboch

Clear Sky achievement bugged?

16 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

I made yesterday some games and did not receive the clear sky achievement for some reason:

- game in the Ryujo with 32 shoot down planes, there i thought maybe some of them are shoot down by my AA and that might be the reason.

- game in the Essex, shoot down 64 planes, again no clear sky achievement.

With no achievement i mean neither on the battle result page shown nor on the achievements page under the profil. Just do not get them for some reason?

My clear sky achievements just stay at 100, which makes me think either there is a bug that you can not get over 100 at this time or with some ships or whatever.

Anybody else noticed that or similar problems or does everybody gets his clear sky achievement?

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,587 battles

You have to have at least 30 enemy planes shot down by fighters or manual antiair AND have to shoot down 50% of all enemy planes (this includes floatplanes).

I guess that Essex game of yours was against 2 CVs. Essex and Taiho carry around 90 planes, I'll guess you were put against another Essex/Taiho pair, so the total plane count of CVs ONLY was 180 planes (+ a few dozen more from battleships and cruisers). You had to shoot down around 100 planes that game to get Clear Sky.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,531 battles

What ShockPirat wrote. Found it out the hard way when they introduced the change in 0.5.2

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

You have to have at least 30 enemy planes shot down by fighters or manual antiair AND have to shoot down 50% of all enemy planes (this includes floatplanes).

I guess that Essex game of yours was against 2 CVs. Essex and Taiho carry around 90 planes, I'll guess you were put against another Essex/Taiho pair, so the total plane count of CVs ONLY was 180 planes (+ a few dozen more from battleships and cruisers). You had to shoot down around 100 planes that game to get Clear Sky.

Thx mate, wasn't aware of that chance, that explaines everything of course. +1 from me!

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

clear sky is almost impossible achievement unless you are playing against utterly retarded cv on low tiers...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

clear sky is almost impossible achievement unless you are playing against utterly retarded cv on low tiers...

disregard my low tiers part of the sentence :trollface:

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

The bolded part (if I understood you correctly) isn't true anymore since 0.5.3:

All downed aircraft are accounted for in earning the Clear Sky achievement, regardless of whether or not the player set them as priority targets 

I interpret that as any time you shoot down 30+ planes in low tiers, there's no way to NOT get the Clear Sky. I killed 33 planes in Ryujo vs Indy (1vs1) this weekend, and it's no way in hell that's not >50% of all planes on map. I should probably log a ticket for it...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

that is not 50% of all planes :) but maybe it is 50% of all enemy planes :trollface:

but depending on the number of dd on the map (e.g. 1dd) you have 1cv with 37 planes+10*3 ship planes= 67planes it is possible not to have gotten clear sky award with 33 planes down.

btw i just noticed that langley has more planes than bogue...

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

that is not 50% of all planes :) but maybe it is 50% of all enemy planes :trollface:

but depending on the number of dd on the map (e.g. 1dd) you have 1cv with 37 planes+10*3 ship planes= 67planes it is possible not to have gotten clear sky award with 33 planes down.

btw i just noticed that langley has more planes than bogue...

Hmm. I'm pretty sure there was more than 1 DD (1 DD is super rare). I seem to recall there was mostly T5-6 ships, do ALL BB+CA/CL on those tiers have planes?

Well, the Langley also has the same number of planes in the air as Lexington...

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

Hmm. I'm pretty sure there was more than 1 DD (1 DD is super rare). I seem to recall there was mostly T5-6 ships, do ALL BB+CA/CL on those tiers have planes?

Not all, of course (New York comes to mind), but let's say the enemy team had a balanced composition of 3 CAs and 3 BBs (which happens more often than people's complaints about matchmaking may suggest), all of which happened to be models with catapults (which, again, is actually fairly common). Typically these carry 3 uses each, which presumably counts for 3 planes per ship. Now let's assume 50% of these players have premium consumables or superintendent, increasing the number of planes by another 3. That's 21 — almost a Langley-load of floatplanes!

Edited by StringWitch

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,002 battles

The achievement is definitely not bugged.
I managed to get one in a Cleveland last week by shooting down 30 planes.

As said before, the achievement requires at least 50% of all planes, from all ships.

Now you don't have to manually select them though, it takes into account all kills.

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

Agree it is not bugged, got one today in a Langley. But the new requirements are crap in my opinion. I agree that number of planes required should somehow reflect the increasing number of planes with tier. But I think that 50% is too much or at least exclude the CA, BB etc. planes. Attacking those is often suicide, especially with US enemies.

Edited by Dampfboot

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

oh yeah.. forgot one more instance in which you can have more planes... premium consumables... so it can go up to 10*4planes(or even with 8*4 is enough not to get your clear sky).

btw i was not talking about number of planes in the air, but number of planes in the hangar.. langley has 30 planes, while bogue has 28...

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

btw i was not talking about number of planes in the air, but number of planes in the hangar.. langley has 30 planes, while bogue has 28...

I know you were talking about planes in hangar :) I just wanted to add that not only does the IV carrier have more planes in total than V carrier, it has the same number of planes in the air as VIII carrier.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

Yea the Clear Sky changes are a bit crap really.  You can relatively reliably farm them at tier 4-5 but they are a rare sight at high tiers.

Sign in to follow this